Scammers and Warnings

Scammed by "ShiksKev" - (Real Name - Shelagh Broughton)

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 9th, 2017 2:08 pm
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2010
3165 posts
98 upvotes
I never knew there was only one KEVIN in this world, JAC.
Deal Guru
Apr 16, 2001
14556 posts
1424 upvotes
Oshawa
Joshray wrote:
Feb 2nd, 2012 10:59 pm
I never knew there was only one KEVIN in this world, JAC.

I suppose it's possible that her new BF is also named Kevin. But, if you look at his FB page (which is now down, btw) it appears she was maintaining it for him.

h ttp://www.facebook.com/shelagh.broughton#!/ke ... zigelstein

Maybe she just misses him so much.... :cry:
Whenever someone asks a question that starts with "Why do they..." or "Why don't they...", the answer is always a) money, b) stupidity, or c) both.
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2010
3165 posts
98 upvotes
Jimboski wrote:
Feb 4th, 2012 3:57 am
Yes, The scammer Is Perma banned!

That's it? OP didn't get his money back? Alleged scammer didn't get charged?
Deal Addict
Apr 26, 2011
3236 posts
1103 upvotes
Toronto
Jimboski wrote:
Feb 4th, 2012 3:57 am
Yes, The scammer Is Perma banned!

lol, it happened because of this thread or something else?
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2010
3165 posts
98 upvotes
It's seems like most of you are biased towards the OP. It was ignorant on Shelagh's part in not using a traceable postage to mail out the gift card - but that doesn't mean she scammed him. Just ignorant. OP should have explicitly told Shelagh to use a traceable postage to mail out the gift card. A lesson learned and time to move on.
Deal Guru
Apr 16, 2001
14556 posts
1424 upvotes
Oshawa
Joshray wrote:
Feb 4th, 2012 2:56 pm
It's seems like most of you are biased towards the OP. It was ignorant on Shelagh's part in not using a traceable postage to mail out the gift card - but that doesn't mean she scammed him. Just ignorant. OP should have explicitly told Shelagh to use a traceable postage to mail out the gift card. A lesson learned and time to move on.

And he should take the loss for her ignorance?

I suppose if you ordered an item from an online retailer that never arrived, you'd accept their excuse that "you should have shipped by Xpresspost instead of Regular Parcel" and chalk it up to their ignorance?

I think not.
Whenever someone asks a question that starts with "Why do they..." or "Why don't they...", the answer is always a) money, b) stupidity, or c) both.
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2010
3165 posts
98 upvotes
JAC wrote:
Feb 4th, 2012 3:07 pm
And he should take the loss for her ignorance?

I suppose if you ordered an item from an online retailer that never arrived, you'd accept their excuse that "you should have shipped by Xpresspost instead of Regular Parcel" and chalk it up to their ignorance?

I think not.

An online retailer always mention what type of shipping is being used. It's your choice whether or not you want to proceed with that shipment. If I was the OP, I would have clearly indicated to the seller to ship the gift card through registered mail. Lesson learned, time to move on.
Deal Guru
Apr 16, 2001
14556 posts
1424 upvotes
Oshawa
Joshray wrote:
Feb 4th, 2012 4:02 pm
An online retailer always mention what type of shipping is being used. It's your choice whether or not you want to proceed with that shipment. If I was the OP, I would have clearly indicated to the seller to ship the gift card through registered mail. Lesson learned, time to move on.

Indeed. And that lesson is not to trade with you, either.
Deal Addict
Jul 6, 2009
1082 posts
9 upvotes
Don't give up OP - Get your money back from this scammer. She maybe perma-banned but make sure to get your hard earned money back. Give us updates from time to time.
Deal Addict
Apr 26, 2011
3236 posts
1103 upvotes
Toronto
Joshray wrote:
Feb 4th, 2012 4:02 pm

except the seller made no mention of the type of shipping that was going to be used
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2010
3165 posts
98 upvotes
Troy_McClure wrote:
Feb 4th, 2012 5:36 pm
except the seller made no mention of the type of shipping that was going to be used

Unfortunately it doesn't work that way in the court of law. When neither party discusses the method of shipping, the seller has the option to use any form of shipment. Is there anything illegal about mailing a gift card in regular mail? Nope.
Deal Addict
Apr 26, 2011
3236 posts
1103 upvotes
Toronto
Joshray wrote:
Feb 4th, 2012 9:26 pm
Unfortunately it doesn't work that way in the court of law. When neither party discusses the method of shipping, the seller has the option to use any form of shipment. Is there anything illegal about mailing a gift card in regular mail? Nope.

I'll give you that, but where is the proof it was actually shipped?