Scammers and Warnings

Scammed by "ShiksKev" - (Real Name - Shelagh Broughton)

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 9th, 2017 2:08 pm
Deal Guru
Apr 16, 2001
14556 posts
1424 upvotes
Oshawa
She's been in this forum in another thread, so she knows I know. She also has Kijiji ads, so it's only a matter of time until I get her new email. I wonder if she's finally discovered subtlety...
Whenever someone asks a question that starts with "Why do they..." or "Why don't they...", the answer is always a) money, b) stupidity, or c) both.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 3, 2004
5496 posts
133 upvotes
First of all why is a two year old thread revived!

Second, never buy gift cards online. If they are bought fraudulently they can be reversed even if you have them
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2006
4205 posts
365 upvotes
Markham
champ91 wrote:
Nov 7th, 2014 1:33 am
First of all why is a two year old thread revived!

Second, never buy gift cards online. If they are bought fraudulently they can be reversed even if you have them
because she came back again? better remind people again and again than be scammed.
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2007
23760 posts
1619 upvotes
Hamilton
Sick thread. And that joshray dude is like 13 year old
Mar 23, 2013
706 posts
117 upvotes
Kitchener
So she has another ID on RFD? Someone please reveal her new details
Deal Guru
Apr 16, 2001
14556 posts
1424 upvotes
Oshawa
Yeah. she's running a business here and still isn't banned.

Here's the last publicly posted info I have from her:

http://www.howardforums.com/showthread. ... elus-16gig

Whenever someone asks a question that starts with "Why do they..." or "Why don't they...", the answer is always a) money, b) stupidity, or c) both.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 23, 2007
8937 posts
323 upvotes
Mississauga
Addicted2it... Clear your messages bud, I'm trying to send u a pm
RFD 36-0-0
Ebay 20-0-0
|Dance.Flirt.Music.Chill|
Deal Addict
Aug 14, 2012
1724 posts
92 upvotes
Midtown Toronto
LMAO

You can all dig up this thread as often as you wish.

The Irony?
People who deal with me have all been extremely pleased with everything they have purchased.
I have shipped across Canada numerous times to people i have never spoken to before who have sent me EMTs because they were sophisticated enough to grasp what most likely took place here.
And each buyer was 100+ pleased and some re-ordered a second time for friends.

HowEver?
Well, here's an interesting story...

I have sold to him about 10x or so.

First sold him many years ago, I think it was an inexpensive set of earphones.
Apparently I did not rip him off for he came back.

NOT ONLY did he come back, he emailed me several times and asked if we could meet for coffee.
Yes, that is one of the drawbacks to the internet.
And being exceptionally polite.
Some men aren't able to get easily laid.
They then hit on females that are on the internet who are polite. They chat with them, and mistake it as interest being shown them.
I had numerous invitations to coffee over a 3-4 year period of occasional emails.
He also hopped onto my old Facebook account I kept at that time and again, I was asked out a few more times, none of which I took him up on.

But over the years he got some FABULOUS deals.
Yes, he has neglected to mention any of those now hasn't he?

Apparently he was so convinced I was a "scammer" he purchased about $2500-$4000 worth of goods from me, about half of which were Apple Gift cards. I think I saved him about $1,000 on his Macbook purchase about 3 years ago. Apparently I am well trusted, at least where deals are concerned!
I sold him several pieces that he likely then turned around and sold to others for more money.
Hardly the actions of one he believes to be scamming others.

So why is he here when he knows full well who I am and what i am about?
Well that's an easy one.

My guess is that it boils down to politics. It might also be partly due to my ignoring his 8-10 requests to "get together". It might also be that I de-friended him on my old Facebook account about 6-8 months ago? Who knows.
When Toronto and the world were bashing our Ex Mayor Rob Ford, I took a stance on FB he did not agree with.
I did not vote for Rob Ford but I quickly became very tired of opening up Facebook for 2 years and finding every second post bashing him. Some were going as far as to suggest there were impending murder charges against Ford at one point and I became very tired of the hyperbole.
I have very little patience for hyperbole wherever it shows up on the internet.

Several times he made demeaning remarks on FB to me about my choices. Although I was not supporting Ford as a Mayor, I did not support the Toronto Star and/or followed by all other media outlets, of what i felt were manipulation of the "facts".
This did not sit well with However who hated him.
That was his prerogative to do so. But i became more than tired of the attacks from him for my position. Then, the next day, he would ask if I wanted to meet for coffee.
I am, I believe, considerably older than he and found his invitations, not to my personal taste and very politely ignored them all.

A couple of times, I received very nasty emails from him.
One of the downsides of the internet, for females, especially in tech forums are that you will rarely be taken seriously unless you play as the boys play.
You best write only one sentence posts and you better be better than they techwise. Hell hath no fury if it appears that you really don't care what they think of you.
For this reason, I don't play well in forums.
I have a great aversion to much of the rudeness I see that goes on within them.
I am someone, from experience that has learned that i really don't care for socializing within.
Unfortunately, people take great offence to you if you feel the way that i do.
They believe you believe yourself to be better than they.
And that you are arrogant.
There's no point in mentioning the irony of arrogance from posters that belittle others online.
Pointing it all out won't get you anywhere, but it will draw negative attention from such posters and their "clique", or others who hand over their loyalty, simply for being a memer of the same forum, not understanding that loyalty should be earned, not freely handed over to just anyone.
For this reason, I don't care for most forums and have learned that i like Facebook even less.

I became very tired of Facebook and the faults I saw, often perpetuated by the lies of people such as HowEver.
On at least 3, if not 5 occasions, I came home emails from him suggesting that i thought i was better than he, was arrogant....blah blah blah.........heard it all before.....
Never once did I blast him.
I was polite enough to write back and explain, politely I might add, why I felt he was wrong but never once did I call him names, or put him down, as most would have done.
Why?
Because i do believe we are all more than the sum of our posts, or our emails and the truth can only been seen fully in person.
I try not to judge anyone but if I am going to at all, it will be how they treat me in person, not who they appear to be on the internet.
I have rarely found profiles to be an accurate reflection of one's true personality.

The short answer?
I was always polite to However and he came to me many times.
Apparently he was not concerned that i was going to scam him.
I believed he was wise enough to grasp why I did not need to do so and/or that it was not in my character.

Time went on, he continually argued with me, trying to belittle me on Facebook due to my continuing support of the politics I felt were going on behind Rob Ford, regardless of his crack smoking, etc.
FINALLY, one day I had had enough.

I politely told him something along these lines, that it was his prerogative to like or dislike whoever he wished and if he didn't like my posts, than I would suggest passing them by but I took it further and I de-friended him and blocked him.
I believe he felt it was entirely normal to abuse someone as he kept doing and was utterly taken back when he could no longer find me on Facebook.
For the next two months I received about 3 emails from him.
The first was very confused.
"Where are you?"

I don't believe at that point he realized he had been blocked and perhaps just thought i had taken down my profile.
By the 2nd email, I could see that he was starting to understand that maybe it was more than a profile taken down and by the 3rd, he had apparently come to understand what had taken place.

I think, that was about about the time it had been announced that Rob Ford had cancer and his brother was going to run for Mayor. Perhaps a month or so not too long after that.

And yet, here we are. I rarely am on RFD for no other reason than I prefer to stay off forums.
I do my things, my own way, elsewhere and am old enough now to be semi-retired...

So I just happened to click on here for the first time in a bit to look at a thread I follow elsewhere and somehow saw something that led me here and lo and behold, I see the post from However.
I'm afraid I could not stop laughing when I saw it for it reinforced my feelings about such threads.
And the reasons behind some postings....

All I can say is, I am truly glad that we do not have some at RFD sitting as jurors on any criminal trials.
As a legal assistant for a great part of my life, I have a somewhat clearer understanding of how the law works in many cases and a great understanding of fabricated evidence not to mention why cases no longer solely rest on the testimony of eyewitnesses.
Rarely is their testimony accurate!

Do feel free while bashing me to take note of my 100% ratings, not just here but some on Heatware. The only problem with Heatware is that it's hard to get people to sign up to make an account, in order to give you a good rating, UNLESS they already have an account. I can promise you one thing about human nature though? IF i were to have "ripped" anyone off, then that person would not allow anything to stop him from signing up in order to leave me a negative rating.

Believe what you will.
But you may wish to ask yourself the next time, CAN that poster be 100% believed? Does that poster have an agenda of their own?.........and the questions should continue!

Do feel free to bash me all you wish.
But please don't think for one minute that I will waste my time checking here to see what lies HowEver decides to come up with.
Just remember.

I am such a scammer that he dealt with me many many many times, and still asked me out for coffee...hmm, perhaps 8 times in all?
Guess he didn't like being blocked on Facebook.

ANd maybe, just maybe, a smart one might ask why one has so many 100% ratings, when this was only ever a small fraction of where i was and yet ONE person.............decided to claim that he never received what was sent to him.

Oh BTW I forgot to add.
When this all first came up years ago, However wrote me an email.
He was very put out.

I had charged the OP of this thread a better "price" than he.
That was one of the early "nose out of joint" emails...............

I do hope none of that so easily pass judgment on others in life without ever knowing all the facts or worse, not being there to witness them yourselves, and then grow up to be Lawyers.
If anything, I would suggest those of you apply at your local police department.
You can sit in judgment all you wish and in some cases, when you can't get "your man" perhaps you can fabricate some well in order to make it appear, the way you wish it to appear. (Broward Country North, Checking In) :P

Cheers. Please enjoy the predictable drama I know that this post will elicit. Not to mention even more predictable posts that will follow.
And the "outraged" posters that will work ever so hard in their outrage to see me banned...lol

If only I could make a $100 for predicting which ones will respond and what "lies" will be told, who will get me banned, I would be an exceptionally wealthy woman. :)

I do apologize if some of you consider this arrogant of me, but I am not overly fond of lies and/or mistruths and I can PROMISE you that I have dealt with this in a far better fashion than most would have, if put in the same position!!!!

Please Note* IF this silliness gets my banned, please be aware that I don't use RFD nor have for some time.........other than to occasionally help a few people with *tech help* related to a certain *hobby* but I have no doubt a few here will work *feverishly* to ban this *scammer* and i will barely notice such. I've long moved on
LOL

Cheers!
BTW, HowEver.........I wish you luck on your never ending quest to get laid. You however do need to learn not to take it personally when a woman does not find you to be their type, or a bit young, etc! Trying to strike back through in such a petty fashion, of lies is not at all becoming to anyone!

BTW, some here might be aware that Canada put an end to International Shipping not too long ago. I ship in from China every few days for other reasons. Some of you might not be aware that International Tracking has started up again, although, getting packages OUT of China momentarily is very difficult and being re-routed through Singapore or sometimes, the Netherlands.
There has been much speculation as to what is causing this.
Some believe it's China's failing economy.
Some believe it might be related to the sanctions Obama imposed recently against businesses in China
And the speculation continues.....

In conversations with the Canadian Postal System, I was told, IF TRUE, one of the reasons for the end of international tracking, at that point in time, was due to a series of stamps, that international countries were meant to stamp packages with. If one country failed to do so on their end, it created not only much more work on this end, trying to sort it all out BUT, interestingly enough, great amounts of FRAUD.

Apparently, it's very common practise for people to claim their packages never arrived, although 99% proof to the contrary exists. It was costing CP a lot of money in fraudulent cases, lost time, extra manpower, etc, etc, etc.
I have no doubt that eBay, PayPal and more are hit with fraudulent cases daily by the thousands.
Apparently RFD'ers believe everyone on RFD to be honest :)
I no longer check into this forum. Email me directly IF you have my newest address.
I have 3 +, pages of 100% Ratings for various BNIB items + Heatware, for sale but focus on sales elsewhere.
found Here!
Deal Fanatic
Mar 9, 2007
7968 posts
2812 upvotes
Toronto
Wanna go on a coffee outing?
Sutherlandchick wrote:
Oct 9th, 2015 1:49 pm
LMAO

You can all dig up this thread as often as you wish.

The Irony?
People who deal with me have all been extremely pleased with everything they have purchased.
I have shipped across Canada numerous times to people i have never spoken to before who have sent me EMTs because they were sophisticated enough to grasp what most likely took place here.
And each buyer was 100+ pleased and some re-ordered a second time for friends.

HowEver?
Well, here's an interesting story...

I have sold to him about 10x or so.

First sold him many years ago, I think it was an inexpensive set of earphones.
Apparently I did not rip him off for he came back.

NOT ONLY did he come back, he emailed me several times and asked if we could meet for coffee.
Yes, that is one of the drawbacks to the internet.
And being exceptionally polite.
Some men aren't able to get easily laid.
They then hit on females that are on the internet who are polite. They chat with them, and mistake it as interest being shown them.
I had numerous invitations to coffee over a 3-4 year period of occasional emails.
He also hopped onto my old Facebook account I kept at that time and again, I was asked out a few more times, none of which I took him up on.

But over the years he got some FABULOUS deals.
Yes, he has neglected to mention any of those now hasn't he?

Apparently he was so convinced I was a "scammer" he purchased about $2500-$4000 worth of goods from me, about half of which were Apple Gift cards. I think I saved him about $1,000 on his Macbook purchase about 3 years ago. Apparently I am well trusted, at least where deals are concerned!
I sold him several pieces that he likely then turned around and sold to others for more money.
Hardly the actions of one he believes to be scamming others.

So why is he here when he knows full well who I am and what i am about?
Well that's an easy one.

My guess is that it boils down to politics. It might also be partly due to my ignoring his 8-10 requests to "get together". It might also be that I de-friended him on my old Facebook account about 6-8 months ago? Who knows.
When Toronto and the world were bashing our Ex Mayor Rob Ford, I took a stance on FB he did not agree with.
I did not vote for Rob Ford but I quickly became very tired of opening up Facebook for 2 years and finding every second post bashing him. Some were going as far as to suggest there were impending murder charges against Ford at one point and I became very tired of the hyperbole.
I have very little patience for hyperbole wherever it shows up on the internet.

Several times he made demeaning remarks on FB to me about my choices. Although I was not supporting Ford as a Mayor, I did not support the Toronto Star and/or followed by all other media outlets, of what i felt were manipulation of the "facts".
This did not sit well with However who hated him.
That was his prerogative to do so. But i became more than tired of the attacks from him for my position. Then, the next day, he would ask if I wanted to meet for coffee.
I am, I believe, considerably older than he and found his invitations, not to my personal taste and very politely ignored them all.

A couple of times, I received very nasty emails from him.
One of the downsides of the internet, for females, especially in tech forums are that you will rarely be taken seriously unless you play as the boys play.
You best write only one sentence posts and you better be better than they techwise. Hell hath no fury if it appears that you really don't care what they think of you.
For this reason, I don't play well in forums.
I have a great aversion to much of the rudeness I see that goes on within them.
I am someone, from experience that has learned that i really don't care for socializing within.
Unfortunately, people take great offence to you if you feel the way that i do.
They believe you believe yourself to be better than they.
And that you are arrogant.
There's no point in mentioning the irony of arrogance from posters that belittle others online.
Pointing it all out won't get you anywhere, but it will draw negative attention from such posters and their "clique", or others who hand over their loyalty, simply for being a memer of the same forum, not understanding that loyalty should be earned, not freely handed over to just anyone.
For this reason, I don't care for most forums and have learned that i like Facebook even less.

I became very tired of Facebook and the faults I saw, often perpetuated by the lies of people such as HowEver.
On at least 3, if not 5 occasions, I came home emails from him suggesting that i thought i was better than he, was arrogant....blah blah blah.........heard it all before.....
Never once did I blast him.
I was polite enough to write back and explain, politely I might add, why I felt he was wrong but never once did I call him names, or put him down, as most would have done.
Why?
Because i do believe we are all more than the sum of our posts, or our emails and the truth can only been seen fully in person.
I try not to judge anyone but if I am going to at all, it will be how they treat me in person, not who they appear to be on the internet.
I have rarely found profiles to be an accurate reflection of one's true personality.

The short answer?
I was always polite to However and he came to me many times.
Apparently he was not concerned that i was going to scam him.
I believed he was wise enough to grasp why I did not need to do so and/or that it was not in my character.

Time went on, he continually argued with me, trying to belittle me on Facebook due to my continuing support of the politics I felt were going on behind Rob Ford, regardless of his crack smoking, etc.
FINALLY, one day I had had enough.

I politely told him something along these lines, that it was his prerogative to like or dislike whoever he wished and if he didn't like my posts, than I would suggest passing them by but I took it further and I de-friended him and blocked him.
I believe he felt it was entirely normal to abuse someone as he kept doing and was utterly taken back when he could no longer find me on Facebook.
For the next two months I received about 3 emails from him.
The first was very confused.
"Where are you?"

I don't believe at that point he realized he had been blocked and perhaps just thought i had taken down my profile.
By the 2nd email, I could see that he was starting to understand that maybe it was more than a profile taken down and by the 3rd, he had apparently come to understand what had taken place.

I think, that was about about the time it had been announced that Rob Ford had cancer and his brother was going to run for Mayor. Perhaps a month or so not too long after that.

And yet, here we are. I rarely am on RFD for no other reason than I prefer to stay off forums.
I do my things, my own way, elsewhere and am old enough now to be semi-retired...

So I just happened to click on here for the first time in a bit to look at a thread I follow elsewhere and somehow saw something that led me here and lo and behold, I see the post from However.
I'm afraid I could not stop laughing when I saw it for it reinforced my feelings about such threads.
And the reasons behind some postings....

All I can say is, I am truly glad that we do not have some at RFD sitting as jurors on any criminal trials.
As a legal assistant for a great part of my life, I have a somewhat clearer understanding of how the law works in many cases and a great understanding of fabricated evidence not to mention why cases no longer solely rest on the testimony of eyewitnesses.
Rarely is their testimony accurate!

Do feel free while bashing me to take note of my 100% ratings, not just here but some on Heatware. The only problem with Heatware is that it's hard to get people to sign up to make an account, in order to give you a good rating, UNLESS they already have an account. I can promise you one thing about human nature though? IF i were to have "ripped" anyone off, then that person would not allow anything to stop him from signing up in order to leave me a negative rating.

Believe what you will.
But you may wish to ask yourself the next time, CAN that poster be 100% believed? Does that poster have an agenda of their own?.........and the questions should continue!

Do feel free to bash me all you wish.
But please don't think for one minute that I will waste my time checking here to see what lies HowEver decides to come up with.
Just remember.

I am such a scammer that he dealt with me many many many times, and still asked me out for coffee...hmm, perhaps 8 times in all?
Guess he didn't like being blocked on Facebook.

ANd maybe, just maybe, a smart one might ask why one has so many 100% ratings, when this was only ever a small fraction of where i was and yet ONE person.............decided to claim that he never received what was sent to him.

Oh BTW I forgot to add.
When this all first came up years ago, However wrote me an email.
He was very put out.

I had charged the OP of this thread a better "price" than he.
That was one of the early "nose out of joint" emails...............

I do hope none of that so easily pass judgment on others in life without ever knowing all the facts or worse, not being there to witness them yourselves, and then grow up to be Lawyers.
If anything, I would suggest those of you apply at your local police department.
You can sit in judgment all you wish and in some cases, when you can't get "your man" perhaps you can fabricate some well in order to make it appear, the way you wish it to appear. (Broward Country North, Checking In) :P

Cheers. Please enjoy the predictable drama I know that this post will elicit. Not to mention even more predictable posts that will follow.
And the "outraged" posters that will work ever so hard in their outrage to see me banned...lol

If only I could make a $100 for predicting which ones will respond and what "lies" will be told, who will get me banned, I would be an exceptionally wealthy woman. :)

I do apologize if some of you consider this arrogant of me, but I am not overly fond of lies and/or mistruths and I can PROMISE you that I have dealt with this in a far better fashion than most would have, if put in the same position!!!!

Please Note* IF this silliness gets my banned, please be aware that I don't use RFD nor have for some time.........other than to occasionally help a few people with *tech help* related to a certain *hobby* but I have no doubt a few here will work *feverishly* to ban this *scammer* and i will barely notice such. I've long moved on
LOL

Cheers!
BTW, HowEver.........I wish you luck on your never ending quest to get laid. You however do need to learn not to take it personally when a woman does not find you to be their type, or a bit young, etc! Trying to strike back through in such a petty fashion, of lies is not at all becoming to anyone!

BTW, some here might be aware that Canada put an end to International Shipping not too long ago. I ship in from China every few days for other reasons. Some of you might not be aware that International Tracking has started up again, although, getting packages OUT of China momentarily is very difficult and being re-routed through Singapore or sometimes, the Netherlands.
There has been much speculation as to what is causing this.
Some believe it's China's failing economy.
Some believe it might be related to the sanctions Obama imposed recently against businesses in China
And the speculation continues.....

In conversations with the Canadian Postal System, I was told, IF TRUE, one of the reasons for the end of international tracking, at that point in time, was due to a series of stamps, that international countries were meant to stamp packages with. If one country failed to do so on their end, it created not only much more work on this end, trying to sort it all out BUT, interestingly enough, great amounts of FRAUD.

Apparently, it's very common practise for people to claim their packages never arrived, although 99% proof to the contrary exists. It was costing CP a lot of money in fraudulent cases, lost time, extra manpower, etc, etc, etc.
I have no doubt that eBay, PayPal and more are hit with fraudulent cases daily by the thousands.
Apparently RFD'ers believe everyone on RFD to be honest :)

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Oct 29, 2016
2 posts
Was this ever resolved? Seems a bit of a red flag, lol, that the OP went quiet when the seller told us about his trying to put a tail on her. Just saying.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2005
1755 posts
33 upvotes
BabyStewie wrote:
Oct 30th, 2016 9:12 pm
Was this ever resolved? Seems a bit of a red flag, lol, that the OP went quiet when the seller told us about his trying to put a tail on her. Just saying.
Nope! never resolved! I just gave up.

Edit: Just realized you joined a day ago and this was your first post on RFD.