Scammer on Kijiji - Is Now on RFD

BEWARE GUYS!

Thread in question:

http://forums.redflagdeals.com/selling- ... st16179552

Person's name: Mike O
Email used in our conversation: familyguy191@gmail.com
Same cell #.

http://800notes.com/Phone.aspx/1-587-330-4679

Its a good thing I looked it up and canceled my EMT transfer before he deposited it in... No RFD history. Was a fool and got suckered in by the price. Too good to be true. He even gave me a story of how he got defrauded over the internet.

Long story short, he also sent me a pic of him receiving my EMT transfer but I confirmed with him if he's deposited it yet. He hasn't so I canceled it immediately.

Either he's shifty or just doesn't send in the phones he sells as per the link I posted above...

Just thought I'd let you know.

Seller even opted in for a "deposit", good thing I didn't send the entire amount and just half..

Phew, got lucky with that one.
The One and Only and Proud to be an Indian.
If I helped in any way, click that cool little "Thanks" button.
Jul 14, 2006
1817 posts
30 upvotes
Toronto
I swear this name was thrown around the scammers/warnings forum before. Going to have a quick snoop around
SCAMMER THREADS
SCAMMER GOT PWNED
Deal Guru
Apr 16, 2001
14334 posts
1286 upvotes
Oshawa
This dickhead again.

http://forums.redflagdeals.com/urgent-s ... st16109909

familyguyfan
bladesofsteel191
Mikescomputersandmore

Edit: This could be repeat douchbag scammer Michael Berkeley Ogden, who apparently is back at it after being released from jail. He has been linked to this phone number. OP, you may wish to consider contacting RCMP.

http://www.kyleeggleston.com/scammed-on ... oney-back/
[OP]
Jun 15, 2011
37678 posts
5426 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Here's a funny SMS convo I had with him. How do I contact RCMP?

The One and Only and Proud to be an Indian.
If I helped in any way, click that cool little "Thanks" button.
May 8, 2009
43189 posts
3035 upvotes
Toronto
djoutcry wrote:
Jan 31st, 2013 9:02 am
I swear this name was thrown around the scammers/warnings forum before. Going to have a quick snoop around
djoutcry wrote:
Jan 31st, 2013 11:18 am
There we go :) I knew that name sounded familiar. Nice one JAC
http://forums.redflagdeals.com/scammed- ... s-1285572/
Deal Guru
Apr 16, 2001
14334 posts
1286 upvotes
Oshawa
LOL @ Ogden proclaiming his innocence.

http://www.fraudwatchers.org/forums/sho ... hp?t=15531

Online con man jailed 1 year
By STEVE BRUCE
April 24th, 2008

A Halifax man who offered laptop computers for sale online but never delivered the goods is going to jail.

Michael Berkeley Ogden, 26, of Mandaville Court appeared in Halifax provincial court Wednesday for sentencing on six counts of fraud under $5,000, all involving an Internet scam that ripped off customers across the country.

He had also pleaded guilty to one count of theft over $5,000, in connection with a truck that he didn’t return to a rental company.

Judge Michael Sherar accepted a joint sentencing recommendation and gave Mr. Ogden six months concurrent on each of the fraud charges and six months consecutive on the theft charge, for a combined sentence of one year.

Mr. Ogden was arrested at his Fairview apartment in February. He had only been living in Halifax for a few months, after residing in Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton and Toronto.

Halifax Regional Police began investigating after receiving a tip from PhoneBusters, an RCMP-operated call centre to report fraud.

The six charges that were laid against Mr. Ogden involved consumers in Nova Scotia, Quebec, Ontario and British Columbia who were taken for a total of $2,400. The offences occurred between October and February.

Crown attorney Jim Clarke said Mr. Ogden has travelled across the country for the past three years, "doing his thing."

"He survived on his Internet activities, ripping people off for laptops he never had," Mr. Clarke said.

The prosecutor said more than 60 people may have been scammed by Mr. Ogden before he was caught. He used 35 different e-mail addresses and 28 phone numbers along the way.

Mr. Ogden declined the opportunity to address the court before he was sentenced.

Judge Sherar said Mr. Ogden, who has fraud convictions in Alberta and Ontario, was "pretty lucky" to be receiving the sentence recommended to the court. "Next time you’ll be getting federal time."
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2004
5702 posts
692 upvotes
JAC wrote:
Feb 1st, 2013 12:36 am
LOL @ Ogden proclaiming his innocence.

http://www.fraudwatchers.org/forums/sho ... hp?t=15531

Online con man jailed 1 year
By STEVE BRUCE
April 24th, 2008

A Halifax man who offered laptop computers for sale online but never delivered the goods is going to jail.

Michael Berkeley Ogden, 26, of Mandaville Court appeared in Halifax provincial court Wednesday for sentencing on six counts of fraud under $5,000, all involving an Internet scam that ripped off customers across the country.

He had also pleaded guilty to one count of theft over $5,000, in connection with a truck that he didn’t return to a rental company.

Judge Michael Sherar accepted a joint sentencing recommendation and gave Mr. Ogden six months concurrent on each of the fraud charges and six months consecutive on the theft charge, for a combined sentence of one year.

Mr. Ogden was arrested at his Fairview apartment in February. He had only been living in Halifax for a few months, after residing in Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton and Toronto.

Halifax Regional Police began investigating after receiving a tip from PhoneBusters, an RCMP-operated call centre to report fraud.

The six charges that were laid against Mr. Ogden involved consumers in Nova Scotia, Quebec, Ontario and British Columbia who were taken for a total of $2,400. The offences occurred between October and February.

Crown attorney Jim Clarke said Mr. Ogden has travelled across the country for the past three years, "doing his thing."

"He survived on his Internet activities, ripping people off for laptops he never had," Mr. Clarke said.

The prosecutor said more than 60 people may have been scammed by Mr. Ogden before he was caught. He used 35 different e-mail addresses and 28 phone numbers along the way.

Mr. Ogden declined the opportunity to address the court before he was sentenced.

Judge Sherar said Mr. Ogden, who has fraud convictions in Alberta and Ontario, was "pretty lucky" to be receiving the sentence recommended to the court. "Next time you’ll be getting federal time."
I think he's scammed a few ppl already after being released.
Let's get him some federal time.
Deal Expert
Sep 3, 2007
15885 posts
353 upvotes
all this time wasted scamming, he could've gotten a job.
× < >