Scammers and Warnings

Scammer on Kijiji - Is Now on RFD

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 14th, 2018 10:03 am
May 1, 2016
1 posts
dragon_drift wrote:
Feb 6th, 2013 1:03 am
all this time wasted scamming, he could've gotten a job.
MIKE OGDEN TRIED TO ***** ME UP !

He is still on kijiji selling iPhones and macbook. :mad: :mad:

He wanted me to send 400$ cash, money grant, no proof of anything, that he would be trusted to send the stuff.

Phone number : 709-400-1028

Facebook profile as (MIKE MIKE)

WATCH OUT FOR THIS GUY !!!!
:mad: :mad:
May 9, 2016
3 posts
VincentP483444 wrote:
May 2nd, 2016 9:59 am
MIKE OGDEN TRIED TO ***** ME UP !

He is still on kijiji selling iPhones and macbook. :mad: :mad:

He wanted me to send 400$ cash, money grant, no proof of anything, that he would be trusted to send the stuff.

Phone number : 709-400-1028

Facebook profile as (MIKE MIKE)

WATCH OUT FOR THIS GUY !!!!
:mad: :mad:
I just got scammed by this guy for $900. He was putting up so many ads on kijiji just "trying to get rid of some stuff" that I figured he must be real and having trouble selling it in his small rural town.

The convincing factor with this guy is that his story seems so real when he communicates with you. He'll speak with you on the phone, chat with you over texts and build a rapport. He's definitely a professional. Karma will bite his ass and he's gonna end up in a wheelchair someday.

For the record:

He claimed to be an employee of Bell stationed in Boat Harbour, Newfoundland. He stated he was there for 2 months on contract to build cell towers with bell. When he asked to send payment he requested to deposit money into his prepaid Titanium MasterCard issues by Moneymart, or to send a moneygram transfer. His excuse for paypal is that he had bad experience with it before after they wouldn't give him his money.

After sending the money he sent a fake shipping confirmation email. Very elaborately planned.

Turns out he picked up the moneygram transfer in Calgary and moved to Vancouver the next day. I'm going to find him.

Here is a voicemail he left me at one point so you can hear his voice:

https://clyp.it/3praz1np
Feb 3, 2015
3 posts
Terrace
I see he isn't doing email transfers since that was evidence I provided RCMP when he was arrested in Terrace, BC in January 2015. He spent 6 months in jail which explains the gap between his scams. Some losers never change
May 9, 2016
3 posts
JenniferJ350 wrote:
May 27th, 2016 1:19 am
I see he isn't doing email transfers since that was evidence I provided RCMP when he was arrested in Terrace, BC in January 2015. He spent 6 months in jail which explains the gap between his scams. Some losers never change
Yeah he wouldn't take interac etransfer. Police tell me that he is wanted in every province in Canada. I hope he gets arrested again soon.
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2011
2948 posts
1433 upvotes
Ontario
YTREWQ123 wrote:
May 10th, 2016 4:05 pm

Here is a voicemail he left me at one point so you can hear his voice:

https://clyp.it/3praz1np
...hmmm, now that really sounds like my neighbor. You want me to go over and kick a little a## for you?!? :D
Jun 14, 2005
967 posts
37 upvotes
Looks like I encountered this guy too.

- He wanted to sell two iphone 6s Plus phones for $300 a piece (red flag).
- He wouldn't provide any information to me, we agreed to swap names, emails, phone numbers and addresses, I gave him my full information and he gave: Michael Ogen, Thunder Bay.
- He wouldn't take photos of the imei on the physical phones but provided me with a screenshot of a website showing the imei's were fine. When I asked for a photo of the imei on the phones he got angry and said he wouldn't "waste his time sending out 25 photos"
- The photos he sent me had a female holding the phone (wore nail polish)
- He wouldn't accept etransfers and only moneygrams. Wouldn't let me use me TD Visa debit card. Only forms he would take were interact online directly to his preloaded mastercard or moneygram

Here's the information I have on him:
Name provided: Michael Ogen
Area: Thunder Bay Ontario
Phone # - 807-788-7375
Nickname - Called himself "The IT Guy" on email

The guy really does do a good job of making everything seem legit even with the insanely off prices. Once you give him a bit of a hard time, he gets really annoyed. I still have his messages saved on my phone, if anyone wants me to post the conversation up. I can definitely do that as well but could take me a bit of time, I was hoping to get the deal of the year but I guess if the deal seems too good to be true.. it probably is.
May 23, 2018
9 posts
I wonder how much he did make. Considering all the ignorance around - I guess that might make quite the business. However, as Johnny Cash sings "Gods gonna cut you down". (I am not religious btw)
Apr 28, 2008
45 posts
2 upvotes
St Catharines
baymoe wrote:
Jul 7th, 2018 11:03 am
That looks to be a generic kijiji ad. How do you know it's him?
A few things led me to believe that. 1) His name is Mike. 2) I inquired about a BB Keyone phone (rare edition price to good to be true), didn't seem keen on selling or meeting and ad has been up for weeks. If it was real it would have been purchased within hours at that price. 3) When you check poster's other ads, all the same thing: electronics at too good to be true prices (laptop, tablet, phones etc.). Also the ads went up around the same time.

I just noticed the BB Keyone ad went up again. I will inquire some more and see what happens. I wonder if he has somehow blacklisted me from our previous interaction a decade ago.
Deal Addict
May 24, 2004
1876 posts
150 upvotes
bargainharold wrote:
Jul 11th, 2018 8:06 am
A few things led me to believe that. 1) His name is Mike. 2) I inquired about a BB Keyone phone (rare edition price to good to be true), didn't seem keen on selling or meeting and ad has been up for weeks. If it was real it would have been purchased within hours at that price. 3) When you check poster's other ads, all the same thing: electronics at too good to be true prices (laptop, tablet, phones etc.). Also the ads went up around the same time.

I just noticed the BB Keyone ad went up again. I will inquire some more and see what happens. I wonder if he has somehow blacklisted me from our previous interaction a decade ago.
Ah got it. I wasn't well versed with those products, but thanks for explaining.
Apr 28, 2008
45 posts
2 upvotes
St Catharines
baymoe wrote:
Jul 11th, 2018 9:09 am
Ah got it. I wasn't well versed with those products, but thanks for explaining.
Well, turns out that the guy was legit. I got myself a cheap phone. If anyone needs a cheap iphone or laptop in Niagara Falls hit em up!
Sep 11, 2018
1 posts
Responded to a Craigslist ad, someone selling a DJI Mavic Pro flymore package and 6 batteries for $400......going price is $1200 or so. Spidey sense was tingling.

Mike texted me back from the number 1 250 800 8010 and asked me to wire $400 to his TD Account branch 1104 in Burnaby BC under the account name "Michael Ogden" and he would ship out the drone within 1/2 hr for free. Number says it's in Victoria BC and craigslist map showed him in Kelowna BC.

Texts go more aggressive and belligerent the more questions I asked about the drone and why so cheap. BEWARE. I Googled for "Michael Ogden Scammer" and came upon this thread.
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2003
13765 posts
1508 upvotes
Toronto
Hey I just saw this Craigslist ad with the same BC phone number: https://toronto.craigslist.ca/tor/sys/d ... 95932.html

Send me a message at 25O 8OO 8O1O
Price 400 includes sending costs from kamloops British columbia
2017 gray macbook pro 15 inch with box snd charger
Gray in colour
Perfect condition
No longer needed want it gone
I7 2.9, 16gb ram, radeon 560 graphics with 4gb video memory, 512gb storage, 4 thunderbolt 3 ports
Send me a message at 25O 8OO 8O1O

Edit: I see that the ad I linked as been flagged for removal.