Scammers and Warnings

Scammer on Kijiji - Is Now on RFD

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 22nd, 2016 8:49 am
May 1, 2016
1 posts
dragon_drift wrote:
Feb 6th, 2013 1:03 am
all this time wasted scamming, he could've gotten a job.
MIKE OGDEN TRIED TO ***** ME UP !

He is still on kijiji selling iPhones and macbook. :mad: :mad:

He wanted me to send 400$ cash, money grant, no proof of anything, that he would be trusted to send the stuff.

Phone number : 709-400-1028

Facebook profile as (MIKE MIKE)

WATCH OUT FOR THIS GUY !!!!
:mad: :mad:
May 9, 2016
3 posts
VincentP483444 wrote:
May 2nd, 2016 9:59 am
MIKE OGDEN TRIED TO ***** ME UP !

He is still on kijiji selling iPhones and macbook. :mad: :mad:

He wanted me to send 400$ cash, money grant, no proof of anything, that he would be trusted to send the stuff.

Phone number : 709-400-1028

Facebook profile as (MIKE MIKE)

WATCH OUT FOR THIS GUY !!!!
:mad: :mad:
I just got scammed by this guy for $900. He was putting up so many ads on kijiji just "trying to get rid of some stuff" that I figured he must be real and having trouble selling it in his small rural town.

The convincing factor with this guy is that his story seems so real when he communicates with you. He'll speak with you on the phone, chat with you over texts and build a rapport. He's definitely a professional. Karma will bite his ass and he's gonna end up in a wheelchair someday.

For the record:

He claimed to be an employee of Bell stationed in Boat Harbour, Newfoundland. He stated he was there for 2 months on contract to build cell towers with bell. When he asked to send payment he requested to deposit money into his prepaid Titanium MasterCard issues by Moneymart, or to send a moneygram transfer. His excuse for paypal is that he had bad experience with it before after they wouldn't give him his money.

After sending the money he sent a fake shipping confirmation email. Very elaborately planned.

Turns out he picked up the moneygram transfer in Calgary and moved to Vancouver the next day. I'm going to find him.

Here is a voicemail he left me at one point so you can hear his voice:

https://clyp.it/3praz1np
Feb 3, 2015
3 posts
Terrace
I see he isn't doing email transfers since that was evidence I provided RCMP when he was arrested in Terrace, BC in January 2015. He spent 6 months in jail which explains the gap between his scams. Some losers never change
May 9, 2016
3 posts
JenniferJ350 wrote:
May 27th, 2016 1:19 am
I see he isn't doing email transfers since that was evidence I provided RCMP when he was arrested in Terrace, BC in January 2015. He spent 6 months in jail which explains the gap between his scams. Some losers never change
Yeah he wouldn't take interac etransfer. Police tell me that he is wanted in every province in Canada. I hope he gets arrested again soon.
Jul 11, 2011
442 posts
160 upvotes
Ontario
YTREWQ123 wrote:
May 10th, 2016 4:05 pm

Here is a voicemail he left me at one point so you can hear his voice:

https://clyp.it/3praz1np
...hmmm, now that really sounds like my neighbor. You want me to go over and kick a little a## for you?!? :D
Jun 14, 2005
955 posts
33 upvotes
Looks like I encountered this guy too.

- He wanted to sell two iphone 6s Plus phones for $300 a piece (red flag).
- He wouldn't provide any information to me, we agreed to swap names, emails, phone numbers and addresses, I gave him my full information and he gave: Michael Ogen, Thunder Bay.
- He wouldn't take photos of the imei on the physical phones but provided me with a screenshot of a website showing the imei's were fine. When I asked for a photo of the imei on the phones he got angry and said he wouldn't "waste his time sending out 25 photos"
- The photos he sent me had a female holding the phone (wore nail polish)
- He wouldn't accept etransfers and only moneygrams. Wouldn't let me use me TD Visa debit card. Only forms he would take were interact online directly to his preloaded mastercard or moneygram

Here's the information I have on him:
Name provided: Michael Ogen
Area: Thunder Bay Ontario
Phone # - 807-788-7375
Nickname - Called himself "The IT Guy" on email

The guy really does do a good job of making everything seem legit even with the insanely off prices. Once you give him a bit of a hard time, he gets really annoyed. I still have his messages saved on my phone, if anyone wants me to post the conversation up. I can definitely do that as well but could take me a bit of time, I was hoping to get the deal of the year but I guess if the deal seems too good to be true.. it probably is.
× < >