scammer ..... yakuzlin

Scammed me for z5500 speakers and another person paid him today as well:

http://forums.redflagdeals.com/logitech ... t-1003664/

I should had seen redflags.......

mint
under market value
shipping would be $50

to good to be true

payment only emt and paypal through personal payment as gift selecetion so no ebay feess or REFUNDS!!!!!!

Smooth talker through emails..... his email address arshinoia@gmail.com

Paypal come up as non-usa non verified after payment...... ANKLE PRODUCTIONS

As well found weird i could not use my paypal balance to pay had to use credit cards.... i guess cause he has no debit account associated.

I'm tried claim with paypal, but doubtful, but contacting my credit card company tommrow on fraud.
38 replies
Banned
Aug 28, 2005
4338 posts
35 upvotes
Hamilton
Wow ya, those were some obvious signs right there. $140 for a set of speakers that easily sells for $225-250. Not to mention shipping which is $50, so he's selling a $250 set for $90? Ya that's a scam lol.

Sucks for you though =/
May 27, 2007
16088 posts
4769 upvotes
Toronto
his 2 feedbacks would have rang some alarms already. :!:

Rating Summary
Buyer Yokoloko(0) Feb 21st, 2010
Good seller
Buyer GaganDep(1) Feb 21st, 2010
Good seller, very friendly and understanding.

-----

Yokoloko
Last Activity: Feb 28th, 2010 01:33 PM

GaganDep
Last Activity: Feb 21st, 2010 08:40 PM

either he made multiple accounts or he got his buddies to sign up and give him fake feedback...
RedFlagDeals.com
See an inappropriate post? Use the "Report Post" function to alert Moderators!
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2006
2398 posts
6 upvotes
Toronto
my brother got scammed in this one, and I hope enough people call the police about this one. EMT always seems like its a easy route to scam someone but it is infact on of the easiest to trace, you just have to do it right. Best of luck to everyone here.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 2, 2007
5823 posts
346 upvotes
Toronto
HAA. Tell me about it...

I bought a $400 Dell 2709W monitor...

http://forums.redflagdeals.com/all-sold-1000911/

Name: Malcom O.
Email: yakuzlin@gmail.com
Address: 6 Brunday Avenue, Timmins, P4N 7C2
Number: 705 707 4657

I messaged him on Feb 10th, his photo was taken Feb 5th.
I asked for more pictures, and he said he'll have some more pictures for me tonight, and sure enough more pictures, and they were all taken Feb 5th.

Then after some more talk, and him slightly persistent on me EMTing, I asked for a scan of a Canada Post shipped receipt, but through miscommunication of me asking for the receipt, he scans me the original Dell receipt.

The Dell receipt scan looks pretty legit, it has scan smudges, and the address on it has no photoshop flaws around it.
Phone number matches the number I received in the PM's. Name matches. Address is located in Timmins.

Pictures: Check the date of the pictures taken. Pictures were taken the day he posted the thread linked above.

http://img823.imageshack.us/i/86494289.jpg/
http://img11.imageshack.us/g/58394607.jpg/

Dell Receipt: http://img14.imageshack.us/i/78050751.jpg/

The address is even SPELT wrong apparently, according to google, there is no Brunday Avenue. Only Brundy Ave.

I've received a tracking, which I've negotiated only to release the password after tracking is received.

Yah, god help me. Tracking tells me JACK s**t. It should be item processed at x facillity, or something. Not stuck at information received, for THREE days.

Doubt you can file some sort of EMT dispute or claim?

The very slight persistent EMTing requests should have rang a bigger bell in my head.
I've never had a bad EMT experience until now.
M-e-X-x wrote: Booty call AND you get gas money? Sweet!
My HEATWARE
100% Positive
Banned
Aug 28, 2005
4338 posts
35 upvotes
Hamilton
You can't dispute EMT's. Unfortunately for you kay188, you are the proud new owner of a box of bricks. :(
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2006
1888 posts
43 upvotes
Toronto
This is unfortunate. There is nothing left to do now but to perma ban that idiot before other members fall his threads, as not a lot of members (especially the new ones) read the scammer threads that often.

Aside from that, there has been a steady inflow of scammers recently on RFD, a newsletter to notify RFD members to stay alert as well as practice safe sales (do some background research, if it's too good to be true, then it probably is) should be sent out. :P
SCAMMER THREADS SCAMMER GOT PWNED
Deal Fanatic
Feb 2, 2007
5823 posts
346 upvotes
Toronto
Man. I don't know why I didn't reverse lookup his number.

Other 411 sites show nothing, and that it can't find the searched number.
White pages however shows it's unlisted and in North Bay.

http://www.whitepages.ca/search/Reverse ... 4657++++++

The dude is STILL active on the forum.
Check the time visited.

[IMG]http://i53.tinypic.com/jsejuv.jpg[/IMG]
My HEATWARE
100% Positive
Deal Fanatic
Feb 2, 2007
5823 posts
346 upvotes
Toronto
theguyz wrote: can you take a screen dump.....

have to be registered to view link.

I couldn't see anything. I'm a registered user, and it doesn't say Brampton though...
My HEATWARE
100% Positive
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2006
4360 posts
585 upvotes
Messed Up Area
nsx just banned him

Looks like we stopped a scammer for now

Lets start gathering as much info as we can.
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2006
4360 posts
585 upvotes
Messed Up Area
kay188 wrote: I couldn't see anything. I'm a registered user, and it doesn't say Brampton though...

Want to browse his post and see if hes doing same there.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 2, 2007
5823 posts
346 upvotes
Toronto
theguyz wrote: nsx just banned him

Looks like we stopped a scammer for now

Lets start gathering as much info as we can.

LOL that's not a good thing. Communicating with him has been cut off and no chance to get my money back.

You should be happy it was only $140 for you. Haha. :(
My HEATWARE
100% Positive
Deal Addict
Oct 4, 2006
2979 posts
264 upvotes
Burlington
Yeah I also jumped on the speakers. I saw some flags but the guys acct had been active on the forum for some time so I figured what the heck.

I sent through EMT and while I'm not concerned with the money I do plan approaching the police about this. Also when/if I receive the so called empty box I will likely drop a mail fraud complaint in.

I will look into options available for this when I'm done with work tonight but any help/suggestions or just working together with the other individuals scammed would be great.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 2, 2007
5823 posts
346 upvotes
Toronto
Someone call this mother *insert swear word here*.

I plan to call the Timmins number after I finish fixing my HTC G1.
Canada-Wide calling FTW.
My HEATWARE
100% Positive
Deal Guru
Dec 2, 2008
12459 posts
2170 upvotes
GTA
kay188 wrote: Someone call this mother *insert swear word here*.

I plan to call the Timmins number after I finish fixing my HTC G1.
Canada-Wide calling FTW.

what makes u think he gave u a real number anyways :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:
Deal Fanatic
Feb 2, 2007
5823 posts
346 upvotes
Toronto
qaz393 wrote: what makes u think he gave u a real number anyways :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Well, I have unlimited calling, and have nothing better to do at the moment honestly.

Why the heck not?

It's a real number alright, but it's just a number that doesn't get you anywhere. Goes straight to voicemail.

----------------

Update: Had a quick talk with my mother. She's at work and told me they can "call back" the money apparently, and is going to take care of it right now. Gotta be grateful for a mother that works at a bank!

Will keep you guys updated.
My HEATWARE
100% Positive