Schluthering the main floor bathroom
Once everything was out and cleaned from all the cement debris I was checking to see if the studs was square. As it turns out, nope they are twisted and have bends in them so needed to shim and reframe some of the studs especially where the new shower panel was going to be. Luckily I picked up my new tub with the 26 sheets of gypsum board as I think it would be more difficult to transport such a light tub (made of fiberglass) on my yaris being so windy now in montreal. The original window was too tall and water would seep in so I got a shorter crank window replacement. There is definitely no insulation in the wall except for a black tar paper, space was limited so I used Ayrfoil as it was thin enough and stapled it in.
demo with tub still stuck in
needed the masculine touch
out with the old window and new window here we come.
cleaned with new 3/4 plywood to replace the rotted out floor.
new tub test fitted
now lets start scluthering