[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 26, 2013
3663 posts
440 upvotes
MONTR
linsook wrote:
Jan 8th, 2017 10:51 pm
you left out the pizza guy part which would make it an equivalent statement.

curious to see what other tools you got.
milwaukee and you?
Deal Guru
Feb 8, 2014
13435 posts
3339 upvotes
Toronto
linsook wrote:
Jan 8th, 2017 8:09 pm
a typical pizza guy RFDer wouldnt buy a Stabila.
Oh please, i've had some Dewalt tools and i'm no contractor and have no need for contractor grade tools, are you going to denigrate me now as well? :facepalm:
Lies, damned lies, statistics and alternative facts
Jul 7, 2005
766 posts
77 upvotes
North York
Quentin5 wrote:
Jan 8th, 2017 11:04 pm
Oh please, i've had some Dewalt tools and i'm no contractor and have no need for contractor grade tools, are you going to denigrate me now as well? :facepalm:
A 36" Stabila level is over $100 and aren't available at your local Home Depot. The point of the post was hes not just some pizza guy.
Deal Guru
Feb 8, 2014
13435 posts
3339 upvotes
Toronto
linsook wrote:
Jan 8th, 2017 11:18 pm
A 36" Stabila level is over $100 and aren't available at your local Home Depot. The point of the post was hes not just some pizza guy.
A relative of mine is a maintenance worker and once loaned me plumbing tools i couldn't find anywhere, doesn't prove anything about my career :rolleyes:
Jul 7, 2005
766 posts
77 upvotes
North York
Quentin5 wrote:
Jan 8th, 2017 11:48 pm
A relative of mine is a maintenance worker and once loaned me plumbing tools i couldn't find anywhere, doesn't prove anything about my career :rolleyes:
i think you're too caught up on the pizza guy part however i will concede the point
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 26, 2013
3663 posts
440 upvotes
MONTR
linsook wrote:
Jan 8th, 2017 11:18 pm
32" stabila is selling currently for 90 dollars MRSP on IHL, you forget this is RFD where no one pays MRSP? I got a few snap on tools so that makes me a auto tech yeah!
Jan 30, 2015
189 posts
73 upvotes
Toronto
Quentin5 wrote:
Jan 8th, 2017 11:04 pm
I think the point is that he bought the World's f'ugliest faucet for his kitchen because it was cheap and yet owns an expensive level. Why would you pinch pennies on something you use/look at every day and splurge on a luxury level when several utilitarian brands are better value. There is a disconnect there somewhere.

Now that said, If he got a killer deal on the Stabila, then congratulations and i'd have done the same.
Apr 8, 2010
451 posts
141 upvotes
toronto
i read through this post trying to figure out what "Schluthering" means and i still don't have a clue!!

are you trying to say you are using Schluter products to do some of your renovations?

I'm sooo confused....
Jun 2, 2012
52 posts
5 upvotes
MONTR
J'aime bien lire tes posts :) Lâche pas! Y'a des membres qui te donne de l'attitude ici!
Deal Guru
Feb 8, 2014
13435 posts
3339 upvotes
Toronto
Lacklustre wrote:
Jan 9th, 2017 9:02 am
I think the point is that he bought the World's f'ugliest faucet for his kitchen because it was cheap and yet owns an expensive level. Why would you pinch pennies on something you use/look at every day and splurge on a luxury level when several utilitarian brands are better value. There is a disconnect there somewhere.

Now that said, If he got a killer deal on the Stabila, then congratulations and i'd have done the same.
Dude, this is a washroom not a kitchen, and i looked at the picture of this level thats so controversial, it looks used, he probably borrowed it from somebody. I have little sense of style so i'll take your word that its ugly, but so what style is personal, you go to buy paint and there are 75 different shades of the same damn colour.
I like his faucet, its functional, but my perspective is different since i have motor control issues and practical is easier to use
I find it ridiculous that people have such a need to bash others that they denigrate someone for using a high end level instead of a cheap one. I assume if he bought one from the dollar store he would also be bashed for being too cheap :facepalm:
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 26, 2013
3663 posts
440 upvotes
MONTR
People on rfd don't look for deals anymore instead it is a place to bash people on a tight budget. Yes I got the moen kitchen faucet on sale at Reno Depot. Yes I got that Kingston brass vanity faucet on amazon.ca for 20 dollars. My first priority was doing a complete renovation with the limited budget/LOC.
All you naysayers were bashing my choice of vehicle, delivering pizza, repairing cars, doing plumbing, passing electrical wires, mudding, tiling, transporting gypsum board, painting and taping using dollarama stuff, etc..... You know what? At the end of the day I didn't get screwed and posting getting overcharged or scammed. Instead I learnt a lot from doing things myself, knowledge is power.
Of you don't like my thread just move on. :)
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 26, 2013
3663 posts
440 upvotes
MONTR
cdarby79 wrote:
Jan 9th, 2017 10:42 am
J'aime bien lire tes posts :) Lâche pas! Y'a des membres qui te donne de l'attitude ici!
thanks bro.
using the bathroom every day now even though missing a light over the vanity. ( waiting for something to go on sale cheap YMMV so I go time and no rush for it)

Washer and dryer made its way in the modified linen closet and pantry just under the ac/heater. This was my idea to save me time and trouble of going to the basement to do the laundry even though this era type of houses all have them in the basement.
Images
  • Image_20171109130145.jpg
  • Image_20171109130830.jpg
  • Image_20171109130216.jpg
  • Image_20171109130110.jpg
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2005
15153 posts
1102 upvotes
Thornhill
Hey Nom,

Where have you been? Didn’t see you around for a year!

bjl