• Last Updated:
  • Jun 5th, 2018 4:26 pm
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2005
2774 posts
367 upvotes
Vaughan
For those that didnt know. The lcbo currently sells suntory hibiki harmony. This is for a limited time.

http://www.lcbo.com/lcbo/product/hibiki ... jxdvlXEiJI

Not sure if i want to try this or not. I tried the hibiki 21 year at the suntory distillery in Osaka. I wasn't too impressed with it. I'm sure the 21 year hibiki is better than this hibiki harmony. Although, i must admit. I tried the hibiki 21 year, beside a shot of yamazaki 18 year.
Member
Jan 26, 2011
221 posts
83 upvotes
gta
phuviano wrote:
Nov 6th, 2015 3:12 am
For those that didnt know. The lcbo currently sells suntory hibiki harmony. This is for a limited time.

http://www.lcbo.com/lcbo/product/hibiki ... jxdvlXEiJI

Not sure if i want to try this or not. I tried the hibiki 21 year at the suntory distillery in Osaka. I wasn't too impressed with it. I'm sure the 21 year hibiki is better than this hibiki harmony. Although, i must admit. I tried the hibiki 21 year, beside a shot of yamazaki 18 year.
All Asian "Scotch" is terrible. There's a reason it's called "Scotch."
Deal Addict
Feb 23, 2004
2788 posts
398 upvotes
robson1 wrote:
Nov 6th, 2015 7:01 am
All Asian "Scotch" is terrible. There's a reason it's called "Scotch."
I have no issue with Asian scotch. I've had quite a few Japanese brands, and Ka Va Lan as well.

Not everyone has to like the same things.
Sr. Member
Jan 10, 2009
630 posts
189 upvotes
Toronto
phuviano wrote:
Nov 6th, 2015 3:12 am
For those that didnt know. The lcbo currently sells suntory hibiki harmony. This is for a limited time.

http://www.lcbo.com/lcbo/product/hibiki ... jxdvlXEiJI

Not sure if i want to try this or not. I tried the hibiki 21 year at the suntory distillery in Osaka. I wasn't too impressed with it. I'm sure the 21 year hibiki is better than this hibiki harmony. Although, i must admit. I tried the hibiki 21 year, beside a shot of yamazaki 18 year.
Really not a fan of the Hibikis, nor their Harmony, all too harsh even the 21. I'm a fan of the Yamazakis as well (just picked up a bottle of the 18 year single to bring home with me.) The Yamazakis are much smoother.
Member
Sep 16, 2013
366 posts
136 upvotes
Vancouver
Just started drinking scotch from my usual vodka craves.

I got to say i love it !

My friend introduced me to it , that macallan
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jun 30, 2007
8110 posts
481 upvotes
Toronto
robson1 wrote:
Nov 6th, 2015 7:01 am
All Asian "Scotch" is terrible. There's a reason it's called "Scotch."
you're doing yourself a disservice. if you don't like it that's fine but there are some fine examples out there.
Sr. Member
User avatar
Oct 27, 2006
793 posts
28 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone know how i can get a bottle of Walker Green Label?
Deal Addict
User avatar
May 28, 2009
1083 posts
645 upvotes
Belleville
CrazeeV wrote:
Jan 29th, 2016 1:45 am
Anyone know how i can get a bottle of Walker Green Label?
I think they stopped selling that stuff years ago. I did manage to pick one up a few years back at a duty free shop. I totally forgot about it till you mentioned it.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Dec 3, 2009
5261 posts
714 upvotes
Toronto
Actually I think the latest LCBO vintage release had them for 80 bucks. I never checked myself but remembered seeing it on the list
Remember to be an RFD-er and NOT a degenerate.
Deal Addict
Feb 23, 2004
2788 posts
398 upvotes
BC Liquor Store had Green Label last year, and I picked up a couple bottles.

It's still listed on their website, but I don't know if they actually have stock.
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2012
1802 posts
363 upvotes
Was in tokyo a couple weeks ago, late night stroll in a 24 hour supermarket and couldn't believe the price, I had to snag one.

Image

honestly at $300 there is no way this is worth it, but at $150 CAD it was worth grabbing a bottle.

We get royally screwed for alcohol here in Ontario, I saw a bottle of lagavulin 16 there for like $70.
Deal Addict
Feb 23, 2004
2788 posts
398 upvotes
plebeian wrote:
Mar 21st, 2016 2:54 am
Was in tokyo a couple weeks ago, late night stroll in a 24 hour supermarket and couldn't believe the price, I had to snag one.

Image

honestly at $300 there is no way this is worth it, but at $150 CAD it was worth grabbing a bottle.

We get royally screwed for alcohol here in Ontario, I saw a bottle of lagavulin 16 there for like $70.
Once in Tokyo some time ago, my friends and I also noticed this and purchased a bottle from Bic Camera.

A duty free store by the border here in Vancouver had the 1 litre bottles on sale for $175, and with a 10% discount, it was a really good buy.

Scotch is cheaper in Japan and Taiwan, for some reason.
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2014
1523 posts
543 upvotes
Tokyo
plebeian wrote:
Mar 21st, 2016 2:54 am
Was in tokyo a couple weeks ago, late night stroll in a 24 hour supermarket and couldn't believe the price, I had to snag one.

Image

honestly at $300 there is no way this is worth it, but at $150 CAD it was worth grabbing a bottle.

We get royally screwed for alcohol here in Ontario, I saw a bottle of lagavulin 16 there for like $70.
Great price considering our dollar.

2-3 years ago when the CAD-USD was at par, I managed to pick up 5 bottles of JW Blue at $135/each at Costco in California of all places! The regular price was 170$ and it had a 35$ discount.

Top