• Last Updated:
  • Nov 18th, 2017 2:09 am
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2015
1122 posts
136 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Islay mist seems to be priced less than its worth.
Why dont they make 1140 ml bottles....
Hey guys , can i drink a big sip.from one whiskey and then.after some food etc drink another gulp from.another whisky on the same evening?
Want to compare the taste...
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2009
4746 posts
464 upvotes
Toronto
CocoJambo wrote:
Jun 30th, 2017 7:48 pm
Hey guys , can i drink a big sip.from one whiskey and then.after some food etc drink another gulp from.another whisky on the same evening?
For comparisons, it would be best to have small samples of the whiskies side by side with water and maybe water crackers.

With eating food and sampling something else, you might not get what you want. It will change your perception of the second whisky which isn't necessarily bad, but could be interesting
Remember to be an RFD-er and NOT a degenerate.
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2015
1122 posts
136 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I am alternating between the smoky one and non smoky one on alternate days ( I am trying to give gap of one day in between) .. Last week I drank every day and didn't feel good after that :-)
Deal Addict
Jan 6, 2002
4912 posts
4849 upvotes
Toronto
wirebound wrote:
Jun 28th, 2017 11:57 am
and we keep buying Collingwood - pretty simple, good, and at just over $30, totally affordable - http://www.lcbo.com/lcbo/product/collin ... VPRmtPyvVo
Bought a bottle of Collingwood and tried it, ugh.. Tastes so synthetic, a combination of medicinal and too much added sugar.

I'll finish the bottle but it'll be my only one and last one.
I've got a pretty good friend who's seen me at my worst.
He don't care if I'm a blessing or a curse,
But he always shows up when the chips are down.
That's the kind of friend I like to be around.
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2009
4746 posts
464 upvotes
Toronto
hoob wrote:
Jul 6th, 2017 9:29 pm
Bought a bottle of Collingwood and tried it, ugh.. Tastes so synthetic, a combination of medicinal and too much added sugar.

"the Laphroaig of Canadian whisky" based on the mixed reviews!
Remember to be an RFD-er and NOT a degenerate.
Deal Addict
Jun 8, 2008
3616 posts
1058 upvotes
Toronto
hoob wrote:

Oh no! Send it to my house :)
Deal Addict
Jan 6, 2002
4912 posts
4849 upvotes
Toronto
No Frills wrote:
Jul 6th, 2017 9:39 pm
"the Laphroaig of Canadian whisky" based on the mixed reviews!
More like "The Kelly's Fortified Wine of blended whiskies!" :|
I've got a pretty good friend who's seen me at my worst.
He don't care if I'm a blessing or a curse,
But he always shows up when the chips are down.
That's the kind of friend I like to be around.
Deal Addict
Oct 11, 2006
1490 posts
57 upvotes
Toronto
hoob wrote:

Ya wasn't a big fan of the normal offering, but the 21 Year old is quite nice. It has been sold out for sometime and doubt it will be coming back. Wish I had bought an extra few bottles to store, as it was very reasonable. (Under $60 a bottle if I remember correctly.)
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2005
3280 posts
257 upvotes
Calgary
CocoJambo wrote:
Jun 30th, 2017 7:48 pm
Absolutely. If you couldn't then there would be no point to whisky tastings. Just start with a more mild flavour as anything heavy or with significant peat may affect the taste of some to follow.

Also, you should have something to eat prior to and during to help keep the palate clean. Water can help, but less so with clearing the palate and more so for adding a few drops to the whisky you're tasting (because that's how you taste whisky).
Feb 8, 2017
244 posts
93 upvotes
picked up a bottle of pigs nose the other day. i'm not expecting too much as it was only $40.
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2015
1122 posts
136 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Ok.guys after finishing one bottle each of islay mist and whyte and mackay, i bought another bottle of islay mist and this time teachers highland cream.
Islay is one nice scotch .
Teachers not equal to islay mist but better than whyte and mackay.
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2015
1122 posts
136 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Teachers is good. Actually better than whyte and mackay. But still can't match islay mist.
Islay mist seems to be best bang for the buck. They only make 750 ml bottles though
Jun 6, 2016
76 posts
60 upvotes
Hibiki Harmony is back in stock this week at SAQ after a considerable absence. I bought one bottle since I missed the boat on their last shipment but haven't opened it yet.

The selection of Japanese whisky is limited with SAQ but, from what I've heard with discussions with people who went to Japan and drank of lots of their whiskies, sakes, umeshus and the likes, Hibiki Harmony is actually better than the Yamazaki 12, which you cannot find anywhere anymore
Deal Addict
Jan 7, 2014
1945 posts
289 upvotes
ErBoProxy wrote:
Sep 8th, 2017 12:52 pm
Hibiki Harmony is back in stock this week at SAQ after a considerable absence. I bought one bottle since I missed the boat on their last shipment but haven't opened it yet.

The selection of Japanese whisky is limited with SAQ but, from what I've heard with discussions with people who went to Japan and drank of lots of their whiskies, sakes, umeshus and the likes, Hibiki Harmony is actually better than the Yamazaki 12, which you cannot find anywhere anymore
This is scotch thread

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)