• Last Updated:
  • Mar 11th, 2024 11:08 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2012
9301 posts
10316 upvotes
Yeah when I had the card only one restaurant gave me 1%, no big deal.

I had the card for a year and cancelled it, but now I'm honestly starting to miss it.

I'll see what I'll do, maybe I'll apply again at the end of the year. I'm thinking of travelling more frequently and this card has great travel insurances. The Aspire Travel is out since I don't make quite enough to qualify for World.
Deal Addict
Feb 12, 2004
1672 posts
231 upvotes
I have Scotia Visa Gold Passport and AMEX. But I have to register 2 different IDs on the rewards website. Can I combine points from 2 cards?
Mar 31, 2013
396 posts
84 upvotes
Toronto
bigbug wrote: I have Scotia Visa Gold Passport and AMEX. But I have to register 2 different IDs on the rewards website. Can I combine points from 2 cards?
You can transfer the points back and forth if you connect them both to one ID. I have the points from the Visa going automatically to the Amex.
Jun 20, 2010
189 posts
47 upvotes
Thanks for the help everyone. Can anyone confirm the RFD $40 cash back works with the FYF + 20K points offer? And does this card have a referral program?
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2008
15587 posts
7027 upvotes
Gatineau
jbyun04 wrote: Thanks for the help everyone. Can anyone confirm the RFD $40 cash back works with the FYF + 20K points offer? And does this card have a referral program?
It worked for me when I applied in October (under 30K with no FYF, though I still got FYF) as I received the $40 RFD Cashback about 2 months later.

djino
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2012
3886 posts
1527 upvotes
Canada
rate super market got $100 bonus offer with this card. got an email today
Deal Addict
Feb 6, 2005
1797 posts
365 upvotes
Toronto
badsha wrote: rate super market got $100 bonus offer with this card. got an email today
know if we can churn this card?
Deal Addict
Feb 12, 2010
4578 posts
1999 upvotes
AB
badsha wrote: rate super market got $100 bonus offer with this card. got an email today
so they also give the 20k bonus points, or just the $100 GC?
Deal Addict
Apr 15, 2011
1484 posts
380 upvotes
Poutinesauce wrote: Yeah when I had the card only one restaurant gave me 1%, no big deal.

I had the card for a year and cancelled it, but now I'm honestly starting to miss it.

I'll see what I'll do, maybe I'll apply again at the end of the year. I'm thinking of travelling more frequently and this card has great travel insurances. The Aspire Travel is out since I don't make quite enough to qualify for World.
I had it since the beginning and then got offered a free upgrade to the Infinite Momentum Visa and took it.

I just reapplied for this card for the free year, and 20k points because I honestly miss the 4% back on dining and entertainment. It's such a big part of my spending.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2008
15587 posts
7027 upvotes
Gatineau
ciuvak wrote: so they also give the 20k bonus points, or just the $100 GC?
The 20K Points is provided by Scotiabank which you will receive after your first purchase.

You can get a $100GC for either of Amazon, Starbucks, Future Shop, or the Ultimate Dinning Card (Can be used at Swiss Chalet, Montana's, Kelsey's, Harvey's or Milestones) in addition to the 20K Bonus ($100GC provided by Rate Super Market by applying for the Scotia Amex via their website). -> https://www.ratesupermarket.ca/deals/scotiabank/

OR you can get $40 Deposited in your Paypal by applying for the Scotia Amex Gold via RFD Cashback link in addition to the 20K Bonus. -> http://www.redflagdeals.com/cashback/

djino
Jun 20, 2010
189 posts
47 upvotes
Funny story.. did re-evaluation of my spending from 2014 and decided it's better I go with the Cap1 Aspire World for now... the $75 GCR was pretty hard to pass up as well.
Hopefully similar/better comes out from AMEX some day that can replace my Blue Sky.
Oct 21, 2004
543 posts
94 upvotes
2 years ago, Scotia offered me their gold amex card with $450 travel credit and FYF. I closed the card late last year. Now they're offerng me the same card with a higher limit and $300 credit and FYF. Not that I'm complaining but wonder how they come up with these offers.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 9, 2005
5634 posts
208 upvotes
Scarborough
codemonkey wrote: 2 years ago, Scotia offered me their gold amex card with $450 travel credit and FYF. I closed the card late last year. Now they're offerng me the same card with a higher limit and $300 credit and FYF. Not that I'm complaining but wonder how they come up with these offers.
Those are some nice offers, very nice!
RZ9 5900X|GB X570 Aorus Elite|CR 2x16Gb DDR4-3600 CL16|eVGA GF RTX 3080 10GB XCU|eVGA SN750 P2|Antec P183|LG WH14NS40|Intel 730 480GB SSD|CC MX500 2TB SSD|SS 1TB HDD|SoundBlaster Z|Logi Z-5500|LG 38WK95C/Len TV T22i-10|CS K100|HyperX PF Surge|Ocu. Rift S
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2010
1398 posts
208 upvotes
Has anyone tried paying for Universal Studios Orlando admission with the Gold AMEX card? Is it considered "Entertainment" and count towards 4%?
Feb 8, 2014
997 posts
535 upvotes
YVR
Has anyone used this card in Europe? Just wondering if 4x are given for dining etc. Thanks.
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2003
1352 posts
1283 upvotes
Calgary
prmetime wrote: Has anyone used this card in Europe? Just wondering if 4x are given for dining etc. Thanks.
I received 4x on restaurants in Japan that accepted AMEX. I don't see why Europe would be any different.
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2006
2051 posts
125 upvotes
Strider wrote: I received 4x on restaurants in Japan that accepted AMEX. I don't see why Europe would be any different.
I have not received 4X at the Fairmont's restaurant in Montreal. It was treated as a travel – I was able to redeem my points against this charge. .
Apr 5, 2009
948 posts
334 upvotes
Toronto
Vasyl wrote: I have not received 4X at the Fairmont's restaurant in Montreal. It was treated as a travel – I was able to redeem my points against this charge. .
I think it's surprisingly common for restaurants attached to lodging to get categorized as "travel". At Blue Mountain ski resort, base lodge cafeterias and their own Pottery restaurant and Jozo's bar are also categorized as "travel", while third party restaurants in the village are correctly identified as "dining". Go figure.
Deal Addict
Apr 15, 2011
1484 posts
380 upvotes
prmetime wrote: Has anyone used this card in Europe? Just wondering if 4x are given for dining etc. Thanks.
Yes, you get 4% back still.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)