Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Scotiabank

$300 welcome bonus with Scotia One™ chequing account

Jul 4, 2012
371 posts
161 upvotes
Qc
They are providing rigourously standard quality all along the chain. Pure crap from beginning to the end.
May 29, 2006
48 posts
16 upvotes
Toronto
Based on my experience I don't feel like they are even meeting the bare minimum :rolleyes:
May 5, 2009
375 posts
70 upvotes
I have a truck loan with this crap bank not my choice and they can't give me a sign up bonus.. taking my 4000 and closing account.worst bank I've ever dealt with
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2010
3478 posts
13849 upvotes
Toronto
Finally got my $300 yesterday. I was targeted and got the mailer but still had to make 4 phone calls over 3 months to chase them for this bonus. Will be redeeming the Scene points for GC and then closing the account.
Jul 4, 2012
371 posts
161 upvotes
Qc
EddySaver wrote: Finally got my $300 yesterday. I was targeted and got the mailer but still had to make 4 phone calls over 3 months to chase them for this bonus. Will be redeeming the Scene points for GC and then closing the account.
Did you contact the staff at your branch or the president's office?
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2010
3478 posts
13849 upvotes
Toronto
g1zm05 wrote: Did you contact the staff at your branch or the president's office?
Neither, I called the number on the back of my debit card and talked to the CSRs. It was quite a hassle explaining the promo to them each time. FWIW, I received the bonus on the closing date of the 6th statement.
Dec 18, 2018
9 posts
Hi my name is loretta Hitchcock i just opened a scotia bank account does that mean i dont get the welcome $300 cuz it isn't 2018 can i still get it even tho it is 2019
Sep 10, 2015
241 posts
71 upvotes
Edmonton, AB T6X 1B7
JasmineH82838 wrote: Hi my name is loretta Hitchcock i just opened a scotia bank account does that mean i dont get the welcome $300 cuz it isn't 2018 can i still get it even tho it is 2019
Looks like there's a brand new $300 offer so you just need to make sure you qualify by following their terms and conditions.
Deal Addict
May 26, 2011
1538 posts
1228 upvotes
Who's still brave after all these troubles many of us have gone thru? I consider myself brave by getting a Momentum Cash Back Visa after this, praying they pay me all bonus 10% in purchase. They've waived the first annual fee as promised, though.
Freedom mobile, airbnb, AMEX, Great Canadian Rebates (GCR), Ebates, Top Cash Back, Groupon, Livingsocial, Doordash, SkipTheDishes, Checkout 51, Drop, Stack, Wise, Questrade, EQ, Achieva, PayTM, Simplii and Tangerine customer.
Jul 6, 2017
45 posts
49 upvotes
Québec
Reviving an old thread.

Anybody received their bonus using one of the following methods:
- Amex PAD?
- PatTM PAD? (e.g. paying a credit card bill with your linked Scotia bank account through PayTM)
- PayPal or Tangerine PAD? (I think this one highly unlikely to work)

I know a lot of people did not receive their bonus last year but I'm guessing this is partially because this previous offer was targeted and partially because of Scotia.

I'm thinking about aplying to the current bank bonus since it's open to anyone.

If anybody is interested
current offer:
https://www.scotiabank.com/ca/en/person ... erOffer-En
current RFD thread:
https://forums.redflagdeals.com/get-300 ... t-2282474/
Dec 2, 2007
211 posts
40 upvotes
Regina
Anyone have a screenshot of this offer when expiriry was July 31st 2018? I haven't received $300 because applied on July 3rd when July 31st was a valid offer but now they are saying it was always June 30th.
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2014
2033 posts
1013 upvotes
colezy9 wrote: Anyone have a screenshot of this offer when expiriry was July 31st 2018? I haven't received $300 because applied on July 3rd when July 31st was a valid offer but now they are saying it was always June 30th.
Main ad shows June 30 '18 but fine print shows July 31
Image attached but use this link to view full size
Images
  • Scotiabank.png
Dec 2, 2007
211 posts
40 upvotes
Regina
Thanks, I actuallly foudn the orginal pdf from when I applied to and had July 31 as in the fine print. No one from Scotia helping me out on the is one, saying the documents are fake or it was a phishing scam. That's not true.
Deal Addict
May 31, 2003
3260 posts
490 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Got mine today too
"The crows seemed to be calling his name, thought Caw." - Jack Handey
References
HeatWare
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2015
1230 posts
582 upvotes
Vancouver
nerdqc wrote: Reviving an old thread.

Anybody received their bonus using one of the following methods:
- Amex PAD?
- PatTM PAD? (e.g. paying a credit card bill with your linked Scotia bank account through PayTM)
- PayPal or Tangerine PAD? (I think this one highly unlikely to work)

I know a lot of people did not receive their bonus last year but I'm guessing this is partially because this previous offer was targeted and partially because of Scotia.

I'm thinking about aplying to the current bank bonus since it's open to anyone.

If anybody is interested
current offer:
https://www.scotiabank.com/ca/en/person ... erOffer-En
current RFD thread:
get-300-cash-when-you-open-scotia-one-c ... t-2282474/
Is Paytm consider PAD for offer? Thanks
Jul 6, 2017
45 posts
49 upvotes
Québec
a16107 wrote: Is Paytm consider PAD for offer? Thanks
I did not apply for this offer so I do not know...