Hot Deals

Scotiabank American Express - 35,000 ($350) Welcome Bonus + FYF + 5K Referral Bonus

Penalty Box
Dec 9, 2014
1018 posts
311 upvotes
Scrinner wrote:
Nov 27th, 2017 9:35 pm
Having issues applying. Tried on work laptop, personal laptop, desktop, cell phone - Scotia keeps saying they detected the browser as unsecure and the application didnt go through (never hit credit bureau). Absolutely stumped as to what to do.
How did you apply, via referral, third-party site, or directly with Scotia
Deal Fanatic
Jul 17, 2008
7642 posts
1357 upvotes
mbmbkop wrote:
Nov 23rd, 2017 6:36 pm
Confirming that it is possible to have 2 Scotiabank AmEx Gold cards at the same time. :)
Uuuu, sooo tempted to open a second one then. Bonus points if I can transfer my points and close the first before the FYF is up.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2013
1009 posts
222 upvotes
Winnipeg
Messerschmitt wrote:
Nov 27th, 2017 10:33 pm
Uuuu, sooo tempted to open a second one then. Bonus points if I can transfer my points and close the first before the FYF is up.
I doubt that Scotia would let you transfer points from one card to another but please let us know if you succeed. Indeed, that would be a very nice bonus.
Feb 23, 2016
43 posts
4 upvotes
Scrinner wrote:
Having issues applying. Tried on work laptop, personal laptop, desktop, cell phone - Scotia keeps saying they detected the browser as unsecure and the application didnt go through (never hit credit bureau). Absolutely stumped as to what to do.
I was declined because Scotia didn't like that I was applying through work ip. The person over the phone said that I can sign up with her over the phone so you can try that?
Deal Guru
Jun 26, 2011
10080 posts
975 upvotes
Markham
How many of you guys have churned this bonus? I think I got the card in like April then closed by October.

Wondering if it's worth trying to double dip
Penalty Box
Dec 9, 2014
1018 posts
311 upvotes
For those thinking of getting this, might be smart to double or even triple apply for other cards on the same day so only 1 credit hit

This promotion extends to the following cards (also expiring on Dec. 31):
Scotiabank Momentum VISA Infinite: FYF + $50 statement credit after first purchase
Scotiabank SCENE VISA: 6000 SCENE pts after first purchase, no annual fee
Jan 20, 2016
18 posts
3 upvotes
mbmbkop wrote:
Nov 23rd, 2017 6:36 pm
Confirming that it is possible to have 2 Scotiabank AmEx Gold cards at the same time. :)
Apologies if I'm being slow, but you were given the sign-up bonus on the second Scotiabank Amex Gold card (even though you already had an existing Scotiabank Amex Gold card)?
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2013
1009 posts
222 upvotes
Winnipeg
cendse wrote:
Nov 29th, 2017 3:04 am
Apologies if I'm being slow, but you were given the sign-up bonus on the second Scotiabank Amex Gold card (even though you already had an existing Scotiabank Amex Gold card)?
I'll let you know in about 5 months :) I don't even have the new card in my hands yet.
Last edited by mbmbkop on Nov 29th, 2017 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Feb 13, 2014
396 posts
214 upvotes
RFD Land
mbmbkop wrote:
Nov 28th, 2017 1:28 am
I doubt that Scotia would let you transfer points from one card to another but please let us know if you succeed. Indeed, that would be a very nice bonus.
FYI... Wife and I cancelled this card in early October. We just reapplied yesterday.

I can see the new cards (old ones gone) in the Scotia Online banking. When I clicked on the Scotia Rewards link inside the banking the scotia Rewards section still had both our old card.
Mine had 308 pts and my wife had 3 pts.

YOU CAN transfer pts between 2 cards. I transferred the 308 from my old card to my new one. And I transferred her 3 pts to her new card.

My wife got the Referral e-mail after she cancelled her card but I was able to generate a referral application link with the cancelled card. This is how we applied for the 2 new ones.

So it seems you can transfer pts between the cards via the Scotia Rewards site very easily. You can even set it to automatically transfer. So obviously it is allowed. :)

I figured we would miss out on the 5000 Pts for the referrals from her old card but the $350 in value was worth it. Now I hope the 5000 X 2 show up on her old scotia rewards info so I can transfer it to her new card.

$450 + $350 is better than $350 + $350....
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2007
1325 posts
365 upvotes
Ottawa
Scrinner wrote:
Did you resolve this? GF got the same error on her application, never hit credit bureau, super annoying.
Jan 31, 2015
28 posts
3 upvotes
Toronto
fruzmatik wrote:
Nov 29th, 2017 12:49 pm
Did you resolve this? GF got the same error on her application, never hit credit bureau, super annoying.
No unfortunately - was using third party referral (GCR, RatesuperMarket, Lowest Rates, etc) and it all failed. I could do it over phone/inbranch but would then lose the sign-up bonus ($100 gift card). So annoying.
Jan 2, 2010
314 posts
73 upvotes
Does anyone know where I can find a list of stores that's categorized as groceries?
Apr 23, 2017
56 posts
58 upvotes
specialoffers wrote:
Nov 24th, 2017 7:20 pm
You can get $100 gift card for applying through here and geting 25000 points

https://www.lowestrates.ca/creditcards

But you have to spend $1000 in first 90 days.
Anyone know how much time it takes for the$100 gift card to arrive? Does it come in mail? I don't have a reference number to follow up. TIA
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2012
1351 posts
706 upvotes
Etobicoke
yugsekwaf wrote:
Nov 29th, 2017 8:11 pm
Anyone know how much time it takes for the$100 gift card to arrive? Does it come in mail? I don't have a reference number to follow up. TIA
I think get e-giftcard to your email. And it takes 3-4 weeks after your approval.