Hot Deals

Scotiabank American Express - 35,000 ($350) Welcome Bonus + FYF + 5K Referral Bonus

Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2013
1007 posts
222 upvotes
Winnipeg
sparklo wrote:
Nov 29th, 2017 3:12 pm
Does anyone know where I can find a list of stores that's categorized as groceries?
EdwardA376 wrote:
Nov 29th, 2017 7:10 pm
http://www.scotiabank.com/images/en/fil ... /20600.pdf

This is NOT an exhaustive list
By the way, Tim Hortons is usually in the category "dining" unless it is a Tim Hortons at the airport in Winnipeg in which case it isn't. Go figure! :) I guess my points is that you will not be 100% sure unless you try.
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2009
4172 posts
312 upvotes
How long does it normally take to get the card in the mail?
Feb 24, 2015
45 posts
4 upvotes
nova scotia
so i already have the amex with 30,000 pts , can i apply for this amex card also ?
Dec 24, 2014
27 posts
10 upvotes
GVRD
azncapcom wrote:
Nov 29th, 2017 9:16 pm
How long does it normally take to get the card in the mail?
5-7 business days
Apr 23, 2017
56 posts
58 upvotes
Got approved and got an email confirming that they'll be sending the card to a Canada Post office and a letter of delivery confirmation to me - Is this how the usual process works? No card delivery to home?
May 14, 2017
5 posts
Hum... I'm being a loyal customer to scotiabank and i haven't received this referral :rolleyes:

Was anyone able to get this offer on a local branch?
Dec 25, 2004
89 posts
7 upvotes
Toronto
For those who does not have referral, there is another deal i just post. It is $100GC with 25,000 welcome bonus and FYF.

Here is the link.
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2012
1340 posts
705 upvotes
Etobicoke
Hernani81 wrote:
Dec 2nd, 2017 2:59 pm
Hum... I'm being a loyal customer to scotiabank and i haven't received this referral :rolleyes:

Was anyone able to get this offer on a local branch?
Its targeted offer. So no go for me at branch or over the phone.
Sep 30, 2001
26501 posts
5475 upvotes
Toronto
Is this offer still on?
Also comparing against the td first class infinite, it has a 3% earn rate but 9% when booking travel with td Expedia. Which card comes out ahead for travel rewards?

Edit: and if there are any high rollers here "You will earn 4 points per $1 on the first $50,000 in purchases", 1 point/dollar after that
May 14, 2017
5 posts
Hi everyone,

I've only a doubt about this card.

"For Scotiabank American Express Cards transactions in a foreign currency other than U.S. dollars, the amount is converted to U.S. dollars and then to Canadian dollars."

"For a transaction with your Scotiabank American Express Card, the exchange rate is determined by American Express on the date the transaction is processed by American Express. This exchange rate may be different from the exchange rate in effect on the transaction date. When the transaction is posted to your account, in addition to the exchange rate, you will be charged a foreign currency conversion of 2.50% of the transaction amount. "

Do this mean that every purchase that i make in Canada, like gas or restaurants, will be converted in USD and than back to CAD?
Does a $40 gas bill will go up to $40.10 ( $40 x 2.5% ) on my statement, for example?
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2009
4172 posts
312 upvotes
Hernani81 wrote:
Dec 3rd, 2017 10:57 am
Hi everyone,

I've only a doubt about this card.

"For Scotiabank American Express Cards transactions in a foreign currency other than U.S. dollars, the amount is converted to U.S. dollars and then to Canadian dollars."

"For a transaction with your Scotiabank American Express Card, the exchange rate is determined by American Express on the date the transaction is processed by American Express. This exchange rate may be different from the exchange rate in effect on the transaction date. When the transaction is posted to your account, in addition to the exchange rate, you will be charged a foreign currency conversion of 2.50% of the transaction amount. "

Do this mean that every purchase that i make in Canada, like gas or restaurants, will be converted in USD and than back to CAD?
Does a $40 gas bill will go up to $40.10 ( $40 x 2.5% ) on my statement, for example?
No. It is only referring to foreign currency. So if you make purchases outside of Canada.
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2010
1543 posts
293 upvotes
Vancouver
I'm sure this has been mentioned already, but how do you refer someone? Or is this offer targeted?
May 14, 2017
5 posts
specialoffers wrote:
Dec 2nd, 2017 11:09 pm
Its targeted offer. So no go for me at branch or over the phone.
john.canad wrote:
Dec 3rd, 2017 11:34 am
I'm sure this has been mentioned already, but how do you refer someone? Or is this offer targeted?
[OP]
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2009
15680 posts
1763 upvotes
Toronto
MrDisco wrote:
Dec 3rd, 2017 1:39 am
Is this offer still on?
Also comparing against the td first class infinite, it has a 3% earn rate but 9% when booking travel with td Expedia. Which card comes out ahead for travel rewards?

Edit: and if there are any high rollers here "You will earn 4 points per $1 on the first $50,000 in purchases", 1 point/dollar after that
You might wanna look at TD first class again, I think 3% is only on travel purchases.

This offer is good till the end of the month!
Selling Grizzly Privy Maple Leafs - $33 ea - PM!