Hot Deals

Scotiabank American Express - 35,000 ($350) Welcome Bonus + FYF + 5K Referral Bonus

Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2009
1177 posts
184 upvotes
Renous
ffonly wrote:
Dec 3rd, 2017 6:18 pm
I have to have the email from scotia that gives you your personal link. Only some people got it. Most didn't
Oic.. I got no love from Scotia on this one! Oh well, maybe next time. I was thinking of referring myself (or wife), but we both already have this card. But like you said earlier, one can have this in duplicate, so no big deal Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Reserved for future time travellers
Deal Fanatic
Jul 17, 2008
7638 posts
1350 upvotes
So can anyone confirm that opening a second Scotiabank Amex gets you another 35k points?
[OP]
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2009
15680 posts
1762 upvotes
Toronto
dtm252535 wrote:
Dec 3rd, 2017 4:14 pm
Ok just wanted to confirm that redeeming for travel outside scotia system would still equal $350, which you’ve confirmed if I understand correctly?
Yes doesn't matter where you book, value of points would be $350 as long as it's travel

XboxLiveFrank789 wrote:
Dec 3rd, 2017 5:23 pm
Hi,

I have been looking for like 30 mins + to refer a friend of mine but i cant find how to do it !

Anyone can help ?

Thanks !
You can try using this link to see if you qualify, but it'll only work if you received an email saying you can refer
https://referafriend.scotiabank.com

patpond wrote:
Dec 3rd, 2017 5:30 pm
Silly question - Can one hold two of these cards at once? For some reason I recall someone saying they had two of these at the same time...
Yes you can
Selling Grizzly Privy Maple Leafs - $33 ea - PM!
Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2009
1177 posts
184 upvotes
Renous
deal_with_singh wrote:
Dec 3rd, 2017 10:46 pm
You can try using this link to see if you qualify, but it'll only work if you received an email saying you can refer
https://referafriend.scotiabank.com
Looks like wife is eligible! Now, I wonder if I should apply through her link... I just got this card in Aug.. :-s

Anyone have any experience applying so close together?
Reserved for future time travellers
Dec 4, 2017
15 posts
1 upvote
How long will it take to get the card after I apply?

I am looking to make a big purchase soon.
Aug 11, 2011
79 posts
31 upvotes
RICHMOND
Timeline of events.

1. Signed up for the card, got approved.
2. Received a call confirming my phone number, rep told me I was approved and that I will receive the card soon.
3. Received an email asking for documents confirming income, didn't respond to it.
4. Received a congratulatory email about my approval.

I don't know whether to expect my card or not. LOL

#classicScotia
Apr 23, 2017
56 posts
58 upvotes
JavierX wrote:
Dec 6th, 2017 4:10 pm
How long will it take to get the card after I apply?

I am looking to make a big purchase soon.
At least 3-5 business days
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2009
1066 posts
700 upvotes
Does anybody know what category shoppers drug mart falls under? Is it Groceries or Other?
Deals never wait for people, only people wait for deals.
Buy now, think later.
Dec 24, 2014
27 posts
10 upvotes
GVRD
I noticed in the referral link that states that $750 has to spent on "everyday purchases" within 3 months. Three Questions:
1. Would buying visa or mastercard gift cards from sdm or other drug stores qualify as "everyday purchases" towards the minimum spend threshold?
2. Does the 3 months start once the approval email is sent (card still in the processed of being mailed) or when Card is activated?
3. Does three months refer to actual months (Nov 1st to Jan 1st) or 90 days (Nov 1st to Dec 29th)?
Wasn't able to find this listed in the fine print.
Thanks
[OP]
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2009
15680 posts
1762 upvotes
Toronto
1) Literally anything
2) Not sure about this one
3) Time period its either from when you receive (activate) or when approval is sent.
Selling Grizzly Privy Maple Leafs - $33 ea - PM!
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2012
1330 posts
701 upvotes
Etobicoke
zumi78878 wrote:
Dec 6th, 2017 5:31 pm
Does anybody know what category shoppers drug mart falls under? Is it Groceries or Other?
Others. Walmart also others... So only 1% at SDM and walmart.
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2012
1330 posts
701 upvotes
Etobicoke
I have scene visa for a long time. I was able to refer to that card. I applied for scotia amex card last week and now i can refer my friends to this card now. So, if you already have a credit card with them. You might be eligible too.
Aug 21, 2015
4 posts
Richmond, BC
I have been trying to apply for this credit card through a referral link but it keeps giving me this error (tried different devices and browsers, all from home):

We have encountered something unexpected ...
Unfortunately our system has become temporarily unavailable. Please try again later.

I called Scotiabank but they were just as clueless and even told me that the referral offer is ONLY for completely new customers with no products with them. I only have a savings account there and never had a credit card with them so I find that very hard to believe. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
May 14, 2017
5 posts
Dealsforeal wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 4:09 pm
I have been trying to apply for this credit card through a referral link but it keeps giving me this error (tried different devices and browsers, all from home):

We have encountered something unexpected ...
Unfortunately our system has become temporarily unavailable. Please try again later.

I called Scotiabank but they were just as clueless and even told me that the referral offer is ONLY for completely new customers with no products with them. I only have a savings account there and never had a credit card with them so I find that very hard to believe. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

They're lying!
I'm a customer for long time and I've got the card through a referral...

I was also getting an error! Try with another browser.
I was having problems with chrome and it worked well on internet explorer...