Hot Deals

Scotiabank American Express - 35,000 ($350) Welcome Bonus + FYF + 5K Referral Bonus

Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2012
1381 posts
715 upvotes
Etobicoke
Hernani81 wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 4:15 pm
They're lying!
I'm a customer for long time and I've got the card through a referral...

I was also getting an error! Try with another browser.
I was having problems with chrome and it worked well on internet explorer...
CSR is just making an excuse.call again and talk to someone else. And tell them you have a referral link. So they can add that in system. In worst case. Person who reffered you wont get 5000 points. But you can get your 35,000 points afger spending 750 in first 90 days.
Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2009
1179 posts
185 upvotes
Renous
Dealsforeal wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 4:09 pm
I have been trying to apply for this credit card through a referral link but it keeps giving me this error (tried different devices and browsers, all from home):

We have encountered something unexpected ...
Unfortunately our system has become temporarily unavailable. Please try again later.

I called Scotiabank but they were just as clueless and even told me that the referral offer is ONLY for completely new customers with no products with them. I only have a savings account there and never had a credit card with them so I find that very hard to believe. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
... different browser suggestion sounds like the best option.
Last edited by patpond on Dec 7th, 2017 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reserved for future time travellers
Aug 21, 2015
4 posts
Richmond, BC
Hernani81 wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 4:15 pm
They're lying!
I'm a customer for long time and I've got the card through a referral...

I was also getting an error! Try with another browser.
I was having problems with chrome and it worked well on internet explorer...
Thanks for the suggestion, I will try again with another browser or maybe try it at a friend's place.
Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2009
1179 posts
185 upvotes
Renous
specialoffers wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 4:52 pm
Offerring something like that is also against the rule.
Good to know! Post edited
Aug 21, 2015
4 posts
Richmond, BC
specialoffers wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 4:19 pm
CSR is just making an excuse.call again and talk to someone else. And tell them you have a referral link. So they can add that in system. In worst case. Person who reffered you wont get 5000 points. But you can get your 35,000 points afger spending 750 in first 90 days.
Totally sounds like an excuse to end the conversation... I will try and get them to add the referral link as you suggested, thanks!
Dec 3, 2017
20 posts
6 upvotes
Dealsforeal wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 4:09 pm
I have been trying to apply for this credit card through a referral link but it keeps giving me this error (tried different devices and browsers, all from home):

We have encountered something unexpected ...
Unfortunately our system has become temporarily unavailable. Please try again later.

I called Scotiabank but they were just as clueless and even told me that the referral offer is ONLY for completely new customers with no products with them. I only have a savings account there and never had a credit card with them so I find that very hard to believe. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
I'm having the exact same problem, and I don't have anything with Scotia. I've tried chrome and edge with no luck. Tried calling Scotia with no solution. Let me know if you figure out a solution. Thanks.
Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2009
1179 posts
185 upvotes
Renous
AngeliveDK wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 5:42 pm
I'm having the exact same problem, and I don't have anything with Scotia. I've tried chrome and edge with no luck. Tried calling Scotia with no solution. Let me know if you figure out a solution. Thanks.
Maybe the person referring you has hit the maximum 10 referrals?
Deal Addict
Apr 3, 2006
2241 posts
231 upvotes
Just referred my wife. How long does it take before the points are posted?
Sep 1, 2007
689 posts
410 upvotes
Surrey
hi-tech wrote:
Dec 8th, 2017 7:59 am
Just referred my wife. How long does it take before the points are posted?
If I remember right it was 3 statements after hitting the minimum spend ($750)
Koodo $49/6gb wireless plan // AMEX Biz Plat 75K AMEX Biz Gold 40K // SCOTIA GOLD AMEX 35K
Jul 23, 2007
109 posts
21 upvotes
York
Can the bonus points on two cards for the same person be combined together? Thanks.
brarboyz wrote:
Oct 29th, 2017 9:32 pm
Yes already had the card and self reffered for the second card, will wait and see if I get the points.
Aug 8, 2010
171 posts
61 upvotes
didi love wrote:
Dec 8th, 2017 9:41 am
Can the bonus points on two cards for the same person be combined together? Thanks.
I am not sure I haven’t received the points yet just activated the card last month, but someone else mentioned they were able to combine points.
Deal Addict
Feb 6, 2014
1355 posts
226 upvotes
Brampton
I'm pre approved for this credit card and I've saved it to my communication center.

If I get referral link, how can I get both referral and pre approval at the same time? I don't want to get a hard credit pull by using the referral link.