• Last Updated:
  • Aug 24th, 2017 12:46 pm
[OP]
Jun 21, 2016
191 posts
48 upvotes

Scotiabank & Equifax

For anyone with an Equifax subscription and Scotiabank accounts, have you seen an update for the month of June? I have 5 tradelines that have not reported since April/May (2 Scotia, 1 PC Financial, 1 Canadian Tire). All 5 have been updated with TransUnion, as I can see with Credit Karma.
158 replies
May 15, 2017
4 posts
I have the exact same issue, I have a Momentum Visa and this is what I see in Equifax:

Date of Last Activity: 2017-04
Date Reported: 2017-04
[OP]
Jun 21, 2016
191 posts
48 upvotes
antsos wrote:
Jun 27th, 2017 2:18 pm
I have the exact same issue, I have a Momentum Visa and this is what I see in Equifax:

Date of Last Activity: 2017-04
Date Reported: 2017-04
Mine is the exact same thing, nothing updated since April,
Mar 16, 2011
163 posts
52 upvotes
Same here.

Some of my scotialines are a couple months behind in reporting to EF but it seems to be consistently 2 months behind (meaning it updates monthly, just back 2 months).
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2004
4390 posts
2038 upvotes
Vancouver
What a fun gang we've got here. Maybe we could all get together and hang out sometime and check our credit scores together? Then we could chat about trade lines and Scotiabank all night. Would be hella fun. Who's up for it?
Mar 16, 2011
163 posts
52 upvotes
adamtheman wrote:
Jun 27th, 2017 5:16 pm
What a fun gang we've got here. Maybe we could all get together and hang out sometime and check our credit scores together? Then we could chat about trade lines and Scotiabank all night. Would be hella fun. Who's up for it?
It might be funnier if we all got together and went to a bank and offered them 20 new customers if they give us all a good interest rate ha ha
Mar 3, 2015
684 posts
93 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
me too I have momentum but its blessing as its still $0 since and my credit just jumped from 550 to 780 score Equifax and 640 to 733 with Transunion.
Jul 12, 2017
1 posts
Has anyone talked to Scotiabank about this and when they will be updating Equifax???
Jul 9, 2016
407 posts
139 upvotes
Hamilton
same thing, momentum visa, last updated 04/2017, i even submitted a dispute form to equifax asking for it to be updated or to see if there was a problem, got a generic email back today saying that "all accounts update in 30-90 days and this account will update in that timeframe" sounds like a load of BS to me. something is obviously going on with scotia. i have transunion/creditkarma subscriptions too and they update fine.
Jul 9, 2016
407 posts
139 upvotes
Hamilton
bewiseman wrote:
Jul 13th, 2017 11:08 pm
No update again this month. Heading for month 3 without an update. I wonder what effect that will have on credit score? Those three credit instruments I have with Scotia account for a significant chunk of my available credit ( about 48%). I thought I recall @mikeymike1 stating that after a few months of no use, that available credit is effectively removed from the calculation.
i can somewhat confirm that this is true. i just signed up for the ratehub score/report this month, and on that report is shows my utilization as 66% but it should actually be 79%. i took the scotia balance/limit out of the equation altogether and i'm left with 65.7% so it looks like even after 2-3 months it is removed from consideration. i'd still like to know whats going on with scotia and equifax though. i've sent a message to their facebook team maybe they know something (i don't care enough to try and call someone about it)
Deal Guru
Aug 8, 2012
10198 posts
3789 upvotes
BC
OH, so this is why my two new Scotia credit cards don't show up on Equifax yet even though they are on Transunion (via CreditKarma) :)
Heh. I was checking for renames of Chase cards on Equifax like happened to the Chase cards on TU.

I guess I won't be seeing renames if nothing is flowing from Scotia to EFX :D
POLL: How frequent is your RRSP-matching?
Plastiq: Pay any bill with credit card for 0-2.5% fee (help meet min spending and keep old cards active!)
Rewards program transfer times (e.g. SPG->Aeroplan, Marriott->SPG, Amex MR->SPG...)
Jul 9, 2016
407 posts
139 upvotes
Hamilton
per Scotiabank's facebook team: "Thank you for the details, we have reached out to our respective department and will get back to you as soon as we have an update. Kind Regards."

lol, so i'll update with what i get back
Mar 16, 2011
163 posts
52 upvotes
Im considering filing a challenge to my EF credit report to force them to update the balance on my Scotia LoC. They only have 30 days to confirm the balance and details, right? That might be the only way to get it updated at this rate...
Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2014
3648 posts
1509 upvotes
SuperSauvage wrote:
Jul 13th, 2017 10:25 pm
same thing, momentum visa, last updated 04/2017, i even submitted a dispute form to equifax asking for it to be updated or to see if there was a problem, got a generic email back today saying that "all accounts update in 30-90 days and this account will update in that timeframe" sounds like a load of BS to me. something is obviously going on with scotia. i have transunion/creditkarma subscriptions too and they update fine.
:facepalm: RFD Personal Finance has reached a new level nobody thought was possible.
Jul 9, 2016
407 posts
139 upvotes
Hamilton
chopperE wrote:
Jul 15th, 2017 10:01 pm
Im considering filing a challenge to my EF credit report to force them to update the balance on my Scotia LoC. They only have 30 days to confirm the balance and details, right? That might be the only way to get it updated at this rate...
That's what I did. Faxed the forms and everything but I just got back a generic "shut up and be patient" response