Expired Hot Deals

[Scotiabank] Get up to $350 + premium VISA/Amex annual fee waived on Scotia new banking package

Feb 10, 2018
577 posts
300 upvotes
Data point:
Repeat Scotia client. Got bonus for Scotia Amex shortly after meeting minimum spend early October.

Met payroll requirement, paid Koodo bill and met all the requirements late October.

Got my $350 Scotia UP Bonus today. Not bad.

Now the question is who is actually keeping this account for the longterm?
Deal Addict
Dec 31, 2013
1568 posts
885 upvotes
condo
got my $350 today, opened my account in early November
Sep 10, 2009
69 posts
33 upvotes
Toronto
Received the bonus on February 5.

- Opened account on October 24
- Performed 2 PADs 3x and Bill payment 1x

How long until you guys close your account?
Oct 17, 2014
189 posts
143 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I'm very impressed with Scotiabank!

Received my Promotional Bonus of $350 today, within 1 week after meeting requirements.
Going to keep my Ultimate Package to have credit card annual fee waived.
Feb 8, 2017
203 posts
67 upvotes
Recieved my 350$ bonus within a few weeks of having my payroll deposit for 3 months.

Just closed my account today. It was 7.50$ for cutting a cheque so I took cash and then shoved it directly in the ATM in my Tangerine account. There is a 50 bill limit. Panicked a bit when it kicked 11 bills out but I just did a second deposit.

Now on to the next bank promo. Who else is offering 300+?
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2017
4607 posts
2992 upvotes
EDL67134234 wrote: Data point:
Repeat Scotia client. Got bonus for Scotia Amex shortly after meeting minimum spend early October.

Met payroll requirement, paid Koodo bill and met all the requirements late October.

Got my $350 Scotia UP Bonus today. Not bad.

Now the question is who is actually keeping this account for the longterm?
Now the question is whether or not you value Momentum Visa Infinite or Gold Amex?
💳 Amex Platinum - Amex Cobalt / Scotia Gold Amex - Scotia Momentum Visa Infinite - HSBC World Elite MC
Feb 10, 2018
577 posts
300 upvotes
EdisonL299 wrote: Now the question is whether or not you value Momentum Visa Infinite or Gold Amex?

I do, I might get Scotia Infinite as well.

But that is the wrong way of looking at it, depending on how you use the extra perks.

That 5k will net you about $80 bucks after taxes at EQ/Motive/Lautentian, so the card will cost you $40 bucks. Depending how that 5k performs in the market, it might make you even more money.

For me, I spend a lot on eating out and even with the fee, will be in well in the positives.

I don't use any of their extra perks except for a credit card.

Etransfers are offered at Tang, EQ, Motive.
I barely use drafts.
Never used a deposit box.
Itrade - meh, I like Questrade, Wealth trade and TD Eseries. If they would have made a CIBC-like account with investments qualifying you for the account, I would have transferred my Questrade account since I am not an active trade and some ETFs are free at Itrade (buy AND sell).

One thing that irritates me is the once a year redemption plans, so that is why I am on the fence for Scotia Infinite.
Mar 23, 2019
20 posts
13 upvotes
I got the scotia gold Amex and the ultimate package at the same time in October to waive the annual fee.

Now that I have the bonus, does anyone know if the annual fee will be charged if I cancel my ultimate account now?
May 30, 2008
223 posts
36 upvotes
Saskatchewan
Crap its been a while since I opened this up and forgot about the $300 - what do I need to do to get this?
And in what timeframe? :\
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2008
1641 posts
1097 upvotes
XcaliburZero wrote: Crap its been a while since I opened this up and forgot about the $300 - what do I need to do to get this?
And in what timeframe? :\
Reading the thread would be a good start
Jan 23, 2017
9 posts
5 upvotes
For those who have completed the PAD requirements...

Any data points on whether PAYTM is eligible?

Thanks
Dec 10, 2012
197 posts
75 upvotes
NORTH YORK
EnthusedLemur wrote: I got the scotia gold Amex and the ultimate package at the same time in October to waive the annual fee.

Now that I have the bonus, does anyone know if the annual fee will be charged if I cancel my ultimate account now?

Also wondering the same thing
Apr 24, 2011
53 posts
24 upvotes
SURREY
Was anyone successful in getting Bonus Offer points when upgrading from an existing Scotiabank credit card (ex. Scene VISA) to Scotiabank Passport Infinite VISA credit card?
T&C states that you will be excluded from the Bonus offer if you had a credit card from Scotiabank in the last 2 years.
If you were successful, can you share your process for getting the bonus offer by upgrading your Scotiabank credit card to Scotiabank Passport Infinite?