[OP]
Banned
Mar 3, 2006
1198 posts
271 upvotes
Edmonton

[Scotiabank] Open an eligible account and get a $100 Reward Card

More offers from Scotiabank
Open an eligible account1 and get a $100 Reward Card.

Your friend or family member wants to help you save more with Scotiabank®. When you open an eligible account1 under the Scotiabank Refer a Friend Program and register the Special Offer Code, Reward Code (to be provided during a branch visit) and the last four numbers of your new Scotiabank account, you and the person who referred you will receive a choice of a $100 Indigo E-Promo Card, The Ultimate Dining E-Promo Card, or Petro-Canada Gift Card. Simply complete the registration form below to create a voucher and visit your local Scotiabank branch with the voucher.

Bring the voucher into a Scotiabank branch before January 16th, 2016 and open an eligible account to qualify for your reward.

1 Eligible accounts are: ScotiaOne or Moneyback account only. Referees who are holders or joint holders of a Scotia® Moneyback™ Account, Scotia One™ Account ("Eligible Account"), Powerchequing ®* Account, Basic Banking Account, Basic Banking Plan, Scotia Value®* Account, or Student Banking Advantage®* Plan are not eligible for the gift card bonus.

Terms and Conditions

Scotiabank will email to a select group of existing Scotiabank customers (Referrers) a limited time offer to receive a $100 Indigo E-Promo Card, The Ultimate Dining E-Promo Card, or Petro-Canada Gift Card. The expiration date of the offer will be clearly indicated on the offer email received from Scotiabank.

To qualify for and redeem this offer:

The Referrer must:
Forward the "Scotiabank Refer a Friend Program" Facebook or LinkedIn link or the email received from Scotiabank to friends or family members (Referees) who have consented to receive this email and and do not currently have a chequing account with Scotiabank.

Referrer will be eligible to receive (1) one choice of $100 Indigo E-Promo Card, The Ultimate Dining E-Promo Card, or Petro-Canada Gift Card per referral, up to a maximum of five (5) referral bonuses, when a referee opens an eligible account and registers their Special Offer Code, Reward Code and the last four numbers of their new Scotiabank account at www.scotiabank.com/referafriend, and the Referrer completes the reward delivery form as instructed in the confirmation email we will send to the Referrer. Subject to both the Referrer and Referee meeting these Terms & Conditions.

The Referrer must be the original named recipient of the Refer a Friend Program email from Scotiabank, a legal resident of Canada and the age of majority.

Referrer must be a Scotiabank customer, have added a new product of any kind in the last 12 months and have a tenure of >1 years.

The Referee must:
Upon receipt of the offer, register online, receive a Special Offer Code, bring it with them to any Scotiabank branch AND open an eligible account (defined below) by close-of-business on January 16th, 2016. The Referee will be required to return to www.scotiabank.com/referafriend to enter their Special Offer Code along with a Reward Code received when the account is opened and the last four numbers of their new Scotiabank account. Once this is completed the Referrer will automatically receive an email directing them to the Scotiabank Refer A Friend Program redemption website at www.scotiabank.com/referafriend to redeem their reward.

Referee will be eligible to receive one (1) choice of $100 Indigo E-Promo Card, The Ultimate Dining E-Promo Card, or Petro-Canada Gift Card, when he/she opens an eligible account and registers the Special Offer Code, Reward Code and the last four numbers of their new Scotiabank account at www.scotiabank.com/referafriend. Subject to both Referrer and Referee meeting the program Terms & Conditions. To qualify for this program, a Referee must be an individual who has been referred by a friend or family member who is a named recipient of an invitation to participate in this program, is a legal resident of Canada and the age of majority, and does not currently have a chequing account with Scotiabank. Employees of The Bank of Nova Scotia, persons domiciled with them, and immediate relatives of employees are not eligible. Subject to both Referrer and Referee meeting the program Terms & Conditions.

The Referrer and Referee must visit www.scotiabank.com/referafriend within 15 business days of the offer expiry date (January 16th, 2016) indicated on the email from Scotiabank to claim their reward.

The Referrer reward is choice of a $100 Indigo E-Promo Card, The Ultimate Dining E-Promo Card, or Petro-Canada Gift Card. E-Promo cards expire 1 year from date of issuance. The Petro-Canada Gift Card does not expire.

The Referee reward is choice of a $100 Indigo E-Promo Card, The Ultimate Dining E-Promo Card, or Petro-Canada Gift Card. E-Promo cards expire 1 year from date of issuance. The Petro-Canada Gift Card does not expire.

Eligible accounts are: ScotiaOne or Moneyback account only. Employees of The Bank of Nova Scotia ("Scotiabank'), and individuals who are currently holders or joint holders of a Scotia® Moneyback™ Account, Scotia One™ Account ("Eligible Account"), Powerchequing ®* Account, Basic Banking Account, Basic Banking Plan, Scotia Value®* Account, or Student Banking Advantage®* Plan are not eligible. Maximum one offer per customer. The eligible account must be opened and be in good standing until time of payout. An eligible account is not in "good standing" if (i) it has a negative balance exceeding the authorized overdraft limit, (ii) it is closed to service charges or (iii) it has an unauthorized overdraft written off status.

Note: Allowances available for those without regular internet access. To participate in this promotion, send your name, full mailing address, Special Offer Code and Reward Code provided by the Scotiabank Advisor to:
Scotiabank Refer a Friend Program
PO BOX 80041
APPLEBY RPO
BURLINGTON ON L7L 6B1

The account fee could be waived with minimum balance.

Couldn't find a link without the referral code....

In order to qualify, you must:

1Complete the online registration form
2Print and bring the voucher to your local Scotiabank branch
3Open an eligible account
4Visit www.scotiabank.com/referafriend to redeem your Reward Code provided during your branch visit
12 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2012
3426 posts
2696 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Referrer must be a Scotiabank customer, have added a new product of any kind in the last 12 months and have a tenure of >1 years.
Eligible accounts are: ScotiaOne or Moneyback account only
(Used the token in OP's image to access T&C)
Oct 31, 2013
455 posts
192 upvotes
Toronto
I wonder if the 100 dollars are part of your annual income.
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2001
4300 posts
397 upvotes
Calgary
Too much work for a measly $100 reward, for me anyways.
"i love my girl friend and my girl friend loves me ok so you cant love me"
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2005
7119 posts
766 upvotes
TO
plucky duck wrote:
Nov 21st, 2015 5:35 am
Too much work for a measly $100 reward, for me anyways.
No kidding. Thanks anyways op.
Achieva Financial /KOHO / STACK (0% FX Fee) /Tangerine / EQ Bank member / I use Plastiq for paying bills with my CC ;)

"You can’t soar with the eagles if you’re hanging with the turkeys.”Gary Kent
Jul 10, 2008
737 posts
135 upvotes
Maybe I am reading it wrong but comes across as invite only...
[OP]
Banned
Mar 3, 2006
1198 posts
271 upvotes
Edmonton
It is a little bit of work, but if you need a new account, why not :) $100 of gas can go a lot of miles these days :)
[OP]
Banned
Mar 3, 2006
1198 posts
271 upvotes
Edmonton
greenman456 wrote:
Nov 21st, 2015 2:02 pm
Maybe I am reading it wrong but comes across as invite only...
not sure, i know a couple ppl got this
Feb 2, 2011
181 posts
18 upvotes
you must have 3.5K in the account to waive fees. 100$ bonus is nothing. When can you close the account?
Deal Addict
Apr 15, 2011
1480 posts
379 upvotes
Can I combine with $300 mail offer for opening chequing acct!? Omg hot if so.
Feb 2, 2011
181 posts
18 upvotes
daikman wrote:
Dec 9th, 2015 12:28 pm
Can I combine with $300 mail offer for opening chequing acct!? Omg hot if so.
how do you get mail in offer?
Feb 2, 2011
181 posts
18 upvotes
another thing is, is 100$ worth the credit check they do when you open a savings accnt? Might as well get a creditcard
[OP]
Banned
Mar 3, 2006
1198 posts
271 upvotes
Edmonton
ediasn wrote:
Dec 9th, 2015 4:14 pm
another thing is, is 100$ worth the credit check they do when you open a savings accnt? Might as well get a creditcard
not really, I am pretty sure having too many credit cards have a worst effect on your credit score than having extra bank account.