Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Scotiabank

Scotiabank American Express Gold Credit Card

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 3rd, 2021 6:12 pm
Dec 8, 2017
676 posts
330 upvotes
I am trying to turn on notifications every time the card gets charged. I have another Scotiabank VISA where this works just fine. I have tried to go through the alert system, but it still doesn't work. Any ideas?
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2005
1784 posts
652 upvotes
St. John's
I'm going to be winding down this card soon. Travel gets the best value, so that's what I want to redeem for. Of course, these days, there's really nowhere to travel, etc. Can I buy a Hotels.com giftcard to have for future travel? Would that count as travel? Anyone try anything like that? I think some companies probably won't survive this pandemic, so having a GC for something like that makes more sense to me than tying myself to one chain.
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2008
1470 posts
1294 upvotes
Toronto
anyone have a contact or number for a supervisor or high level agent for this card? thanks!
The Golden Rule: those who have the gold, make the rules
Deal Guru
Jan 30, 2012
10045 posts
3759 upvotes
multi city dweller
Any DP's on repeat SUB's?

I have had this cc before and considering signing up again.
How forthcoming is the SUB a second time?
Or is this ymmv?
Deal Expert
Feb 29, 2008
30106 posts
5547 upvotes
Montreal
Is Scotia blocking this card from being used on the McDonalds app? I have to always chip and PIn at the drive thru.
Dec 8, 2017
676 posts
330 upvotes
My petro canada transaction didn't categorize as gas, da fuq?
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2008
1470 posts
1294 upvotes
Toronto
Good news for me, finally!
Today my PARTIAL refund posted! They're going to make me call in and waste more time for the missing $29 though. I'm not about to make a donation to westjet/scotiabank.

Card used: Scotia amex gold
Travel agent: Scotia travel rewards (I didn't use points, I paid with hard earned $$$)

Dates: flight was booked and paid in full on Jan 28th, scheduled to depart on May 8th to the UK via Westjet.

I had been calling into Scotia Rewards since February asking about the situation and cancellations etc.

Absolutely horrible and disgraceful customer service from them from day one. They have accused me of wasting their time, they've transferred me to wrong departments, they've promised to return calls, they have lied to me, they have even claimed I did not pay with this card despite it appearing on the statement.

Departments involved: scotiabank branch reps, Scotia travel, Scotia rewards, assurant travel insurance, Scotia customer service, Scotia Bank disputes department.

This Scotia American Express (amex) has the best insurance offerings in Canada - but the WORST most disappointing and shameful customer service experience.

I'm only posting this so others can be aware. Hopefully some employee from Scotiabank or an executive that cares or has the heart to care also reads this.

Can PM me for details.
The Golden Rule: those who have the gold, make the rules
Deal Guru
Jan 30, 2012
10045 posts
3759 upvotes
multi city dweller
pererac wrote: Good news for me, finally!
Today my PARTIAL refund posted! They're going to make me call in and waste more time for the missing $29 though. I'm not about to make a donation to westjet/scotiabank.

Card used: Scotia amex gold
Travel agent: Scotia travel rewards (I didn't use points, I paid with hard earned $$$)

Dates: flight was booked and paid in full on Jan 28th, scheduled to depart on May 8th to the UK via Westjet.

I had been calling into Scotia Rewards since February asking about the situation and cancellations etc.

Absolutely horrible and disgraceful customer service from them from day one. They have accused me of wasting their time, they've transferred me to wrong departments, they've promised to return calls, they have lied to me, they have even claimed I did not pay with this card despite it appearing on the statement.

Departments involved: scotiabank branch reps, Scotia travel, Scotia rewards, assurant travel insurance, Scotia customer service, Scotia Bank disputes department.

This Scotia American Express (amex) has the best insurance offerings in Canada - but the WORST most disappointing and shameful customer service experience.

I'm only posting this so others can be aware. Hopefully some employee from Scotiabank or an executive that cares or has the heart to care also reads this.

Can PM me for details.
... didn't know they have that ... Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes

btw, i think the passport VI has 1 more category of insurance benefit than the scotia amex gold ... and also there were some dp's that suggest only the passport give accelerator for foreign spends ... Scotia Amex gold gives 1x for all foreign spends ...
Dec 8, 2017
676 posts
330 upvotes
I just called scotiabank to get my Petro Canada points categorized correctly. They said it is a known issue, and that someone will be in touch within a business week or so...
Deal Guru
Jan 30, 2012
10045 posts
3759 upvotes
multi city dweller
bubaglobalj wrote: I just called scotiabank to get my Petro Canada points categorized correctly. They said it is a known issue, and that someone will be in touch within a business week or so...
would like to know how long someone from bns contact you ... much appreciated ..
Jan 17, 2014
57 posts
26 upvotes
Halifax
bubaglobalj wrote: I just called scotiabank to get my Petro Canada points categorized correctly. They said it is a known issue, and that someone will be in touch within a business week or so...
Same issue here with Petro Canada not getting categorized correctly. I’ve emailed every few weeks to update them, as the issue remains. They were quick with the turnaround and updated the points without hassle. But since the issue hasn’t been fixed, I have to routinely reconcile my points every few weeks to make sure I was properly credited.
Dec 8, 2017
676 posts
330 upvotes
ForzaStevo wrote: Same issue here with Petro Canada not getting categorized correctly. I’ve emailed every few weeks to update them, as the issue remains. They were quick with the turnaround and updated the points without hassle. But since the issue hasn’t been fixed, I have to routinely reconcile my points every few weeks to make sure I was properly credited.
I have yet to hear back. Which email did you use to contact them? I'd like to go that route.
Jan 17, 2014
57 posts
26 upvotes
Halifax
bubaglobalj wrote: I have yet to hear back. Which email did you use to contact them? I'd like to go that route.
I submitted my concern through the Scotia Rewards page. It was a form to fill out with your contact info. After that, they followed up by email. In my replies to them requesting additional info, I replied to scotiarewards@p2phq.com. I don’t know if that email can be used as initial contact, but it’s also worth trying.
Dec 8, 2017
676 posts
330 upvotes
ForzaStevo wrote: I submitted my concern through the Scotia Rewards page. It was a form to fill out with your contact info. After that, they followed up by email. In my replies to them requesting additional info, I replied to scotiarewards@p2phq.com. I don’t know if that email can be used as initial contact, but it’s also worth trying.
Thanks for your reply. Coincidentally, I just received a reply from that email and they have added the accelerated points to my account. Confusingly, if you go back to your statement you still don't see the gas station symbol next to the transactions. But if you go to your points history in scotiabank rewards you can see they were deposited.
Jan 17, 2014
57 posts
26 upvotes
Halifax
bubaglobalj wrote: Thanks for your reply. Coincidentally, I just received a reply from that email and they have added the accelerated points to my account. Confusingly, if you go back to your statement you still don't see the gas station symbol next to the transactions. But if you go to your points history in scotiabank rewards you can see they were deposited.
Good to hear.

Yes. The same here. It makes it hard to keep track.

Hopefully there aren’t other accelerated points that have been overlooked...
Dec 8, 2017
676 posts
330 upvotes
Apparently Starbucks is only 1%, I even acquired with customer support. Weird, eh?
Deal Guru
Jan 30, 2012
10045 posts
3759 upvotes
multi city dweller
Has anyone noticed that Scotia Amex Gold reward points posting is a bit slower lately?

I am wondering if this is due to the reward system change over?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)