Hot Deals

[Scotiabank] Scotiabank Gold AMEX $300 travel welcome bonus. First Year Fee Waived!

Deal Fanatic
Aug 8, 2012
9643 posts
3500 upvotes
BC
ace604 wrote:
May 12th, 2017 10:06 pm
Ha, I called in after waiting 5 days (I'm not in a rush).

I guess I had made a mis-click or typo on my b-day and the year was off by one :)

They emailed me the secure message thing, I registered for that and replied to the message with attached scan of my ID, now to wait again ...

It already said I was "conditionally approved" though, so I assume I'm good to go once they get to the ID check to verify b-day. :facepalm:
Got "approved" email this (Saturday) morning less than 24 hours after replying to secure message with uploaded driver's license to correct wrong birthday.

Now 5-7 days to wait until the branch receives the card and calls me.
POLL: How frequent is your RRSP-matching?
Plastiq: Pay any bill with credit card for 0-2.5% fee (help meet min spending and keep old cards active!)
Rewards program transfer times (e.g. SPG->Aeroplan, Marriott->SPG, Amex MR->SPG...)
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2008
5047 posts
1116 upvotes
Montreal
Got this email: After reviewing your application, we regret that we are unable to issue this credit card to you as your application does not meet our criteria at this time.

What's the criteria? I have a credit score of 800+ and salary of 46K.
Aug 2, 2009
92 posts
8 upvotes
St. John's
Madevilz wrote:
May 13th, 2017 6:20 pm
Got this email: After reviewing your application, we regret that we are unable to issue this credit card to you as your application does not meet our criteria at this time.

This card seems so difficult to get approved for. Just curious, What did you request as your credit limit? What about the amount of your monthly expenses? Could that be the reason it rejected your app?
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2008
5047 posts
1116 upvotes
Montreal
MaritimerFirst wrote:
May 13th, 2017 6:57 pm
This card seems so difficult to get approved for. Just curious, What did you request as your credit limit? What about the amount of your monthly expenses? Could that be the reason it rejected your app?
i put 5k limit, and about 1.4k per month in expenses.
May 9, 2013
46 posts
4 upvotes
MaritimerFirst wrote:
May 13th, 2017 6:57 pm
I applied online on 11th of May and got approved on the spot within 10 seconds. I applied for 10,000 credit limit. My annual income is around 120k and credit rating is 786. I put down 5,000 as monthly expense.
Nov 17, 2009
65 posts
38 upvotes
St. John's
I was worried I was going to have the same issues others seem to be posting, but I gave it a shot and I was approved instantly. I have no Scotia dealings presently but did hold two mortgages with them over the years, so not sure if that had any impact or not. Salary for me is 80k, I put down 1000/m in expenses and applied for 5k limit.
Dec 20, 2015
77 posts
8 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Has anybody picked up their card yet? It's been 10 business days already and I still haven't been contacted... (I was approved 2 weeks ago and I got an email saying that I could pick up my card in 5-7 business days)
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2006
1882 posts
466 upvotes
Global Village
Isshoukenmei wrote:
May 14th, 2017 12:04 pm
Has anybody picked up their card yet? It's been 10 business days already and I still haven't been contacted... (I was approved 2 weeks ago and I got an email saying that I could pick up my card in 5-7 business days)
Call the Scotia branch in your email to see if your card is ready to pick up, chances are your card has arrived there and it's sitting in the huge pile of RFD applicants waiting for a poor bank rep to sort through them...
Feb 23, 2017
10 posts
3 upvotes
I got this card recently but don't remember when. And I've never used it. I should probably start doing that if I want to spend 750 in 3 months. Its probably already too late. Lol
Oct 6, 2010
135 posts
185 upvotes
Thanks op, just applied and got approved. Waiting for the card and gc now :)
Nov 27, 2012
59 posts
17 upvotes
LONDON
Keep for 11 months then cancel I is not too bad..book the trip for Summer get $300 credit and fill gas 4% rebate + $75 gift card..I did couple years ago.Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Oct 24, 2008
615 posts
180 upvotes
I applied and was approved on May 9th, gift card (amazon) still shows as pending though. I'm not in a rush, but how long should I expect to wait?
And I'm assuming this is an e-giftcard?
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2003
1400 posts
77 upvotes
Hamilton
Madevilz wrote:
May 13th, 2017 6:20 pm

Yeah I got the same thing twice. I called the Philippines call centre the first time and was told that the system declined it and didn't even pull a credit report? She advised it may be because of using my iPad? Tried again on a laptop and same thing. The only thing I can think is because I had this card a couple years ago and cancelled before renewal? Also heard you can only have 2 Amexs and I already do with Amex directly. Oh well.....
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2008
5047 posts
1116 upvotes
Montreal
slotscanada wrote:
May 15th, 2017 1:18 pm
Yeah I got the same thing twice. I called the Philippines call centre the first time and was told that the system declined it and didn't even pull a credit report? She advised it may be because of using my iPad? Tried again on a laptop and same thing. The only thing I can think is because I had this card a couple years ago and cancelled before renewal? Also heard you can only have 2 Amexs and I already do with Amex directly. Oh well.....
I don't have an Amex card, the only thing I could think of is my Tangerine card which is owned by Scotia.
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2016
1360 posts
647 upvotes
slotscanada wrote:
May 15th, 2017 1:18 pm
Definitely not an issue using an iPad.
That's what I used when I applied and received instant approval.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)