Expired Hot Deals

[Scotiabank] Scotiabank Gold AMEX $300 travel welcome bonus. First Year Fee Waived!

Oct 24, 2008
652 posts
189 upvotes
ace604 wrote:
May 19th, 2017 12:57 pm
Ya, I got approved Sat. after uploading ID to confirm birthday last Friday. Just got a call from my branch today. Maybe you got hit with slow mail, or slow branch.

Kinda of off-topic. but AP are still decent, or Avios or SPG.
Nevermind! the branch literally just called me. I'll pick up the card when I have time.
Deal Guru
Aug 8, 2012
10198 posts
3803 upvotes
BC
bpcrally wrote:
May 19th, 2017 1:21 pm
Nevermind! the branch literally just called me. I'll pick up the card when I have time.
Just to be clear ... it seems you actually need an appointment and can't just waltz in whenever you want (at least that's the impression I got).
POLL: How frequent is your RRSP-matching?
Plastiq: Pay any bill with credit card for 0-2.5% fee (help meet min spending and keep old cards active!)
Rewards program transfer times (e.g. SPG->Aeroplan, Marriott->SPG, Amex MR->SPG...)
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2007
2793 posts
1156 upvotes
Canada
Just applied from home computer, approved in about 2 minutes. Actually one of the easier applications, I found at least, much less detail to fill out. Course that would not hold true if I had hit the frustrating issues that some others have had.
Oct 24, 2008
652 posts
189 upvotes
ace604 wrote:
May 19th, 2017 1:24 pm
Just to be clear ... it seems you actually need an appointment and can't just waltz in whenever you want (at least that's the impression I got).
The guy that called me literally just gave me the branch hours for today and tomorrow, didnt say anything about an appointment. I'll try and just walk in and see what happens. If they then say I need an appointment, I'll make a stink.
Deal Guru
Aug 8, 2012
10198 posts
3803 upvotes
BC
bpcrally wrote:
May 19th, 2017 2:48 pm
The guy that called me literally just gave me the branch hours for today and tomorrow, didnt say anything about an appointment. I'll try and just walk in and see what happens. If they then say I need an appointment, I'll make a stink.
Might be YMMV. My guy said something like "yes, we need to review some things and setup your profile" when I asked if I needed an appointment. *He* did not bring up the requirement for an appointment (but we didn't get that far since I told him I was also waiting for a 2nd card to arrive).

IIRC, someone up-thread tried to walk in and was sent away. That's why I asked him.

BTW, I am all for the "he said such and such" and raise a stink approach though ... just FYI you might still have to get an appointment if they are all busy even after you raise a stink ;)
Plastiq: Pay any bill with credit card for 0-2.5% fee (help meet min spending and keep old cards active!)
Rewards program transfer times (e.g. SPG->Aeroplan, Marriott->SPG, Amex MR->SPG...)
Sep 19, 2013
883 posts
224 upvotes
Winnipeg
bpcrally wrote:
May 19th, 2017 1:21 pm
bpcrally wrote:
May 19th, 2017 2:48 pm
just in case it comes to making a stink, dont forget to make it literally... Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes
Deal Fanatic
Jun 26, 2011
9910 posts
872 upvotes
Markham
bpcrally wrote:
May 19th, 2017 12:34 pm
I'm guessing I'll need to contact or goto my branch, I applied and was approved for this card more than 10 business days ago and haven't heard anything..
That happened to me so I just showed up and they had my card. I had to wait 5-10 mins for someone but it wasn't that bad.
Deal Guru
Aug 8, 2012
10198 posts
3803 upvotes
BC
Datapoint:

May 4 - applied, got pending review 'wait 5 business days' message & email (for both this card and SCENE Visa apps back to back, this via RSM, Scene via GCR).
May 12 - called them. Mismatch of B-day on app, secure email sent with DL to confirm b-day
May 13 - received approved email
May 19 - got phone call from branch that my card had arrived
May 19 - checked RSM and status shows "approved" (didn't think to check there earlier than today). "Please allow up to 4 weeks for GC processing"

... still waiting for GCR to show my $75 for the SCENE Visa and for the branch to receive that, then I'll go in and collect both cards at once.

Transunion (via credit karma) shows only 1 credit inquiry:
SCOTIABANK - CHANNEL I
Inquiry made: May 4, 2017

2 GC's for the price of one (credit check) :D
Aug 27, 2007
138 posts
15 upvotes
Is anyone else still waiting on their card? I applied and was approved April 30th and it's been 20 days now but still no call.
Feb 8, 2017
4 posts
I applied on may 6 through rate hub as I wanted the Marshall gift card. I have received my credit card but are still waiting for the 75 dollars gift card. When do people normally receive the gift card from ratehub.ca? Thx.
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2008
1368 posts
198 upvotes
Mississauga
Newedm wrote:
May 20th, 2017 3:02 pm
I applied on may 6 through rate hub as I wanted the Marshall gift card. I have received my credit card but are still waiting for the 75 dollars gift card. When do people normally receive the gift card from ratehub.ca? Thx.
I got my Best Buy gift card within 3 weeks. Officially, RSM states it can take 4 weeks.
May 19, 2017
33 posts
7 upvotes
ace604 wrote:
May 19th, 2017 5:36 pm
Datapoint:

May 4 - applied, got pending review 'wait 5 business days' message & email (for both this card and SCENE Visa apps back to back, this via RSM, Scene via GCR).
May 12 - called them. Mismatch of B-day on app, secure email sent with DL to confirm b-day
May 13 - received approved email
May 19 - got phone call from branch that my card had arrived
May 19 - checked RSM and status shows "approved" (didn't think to check there earlier than today). "Please allow up to 4 weeks for GC processing"

... still waiting for GCR to show my $75 for the SCENE Visa and for the branch to receive that, then I'll go in and collect both cards at once.

Transunion (via credit karma) shows only 1 credit inquiry:
SCOTIABANK - CHANNEL I
Inquiry made: May 4, 2017

2 GC's for the price of one (credit check) :D
Great strategy. I guess it worked because Scotia only pulled 1 credit check.
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2012
1211 posts
631 upvotes
Etobicoke
devrfdok wrote:
May 20th, 2017 1:52 pm
Is anyone else still waiting on their card? I applied and was approved April 30th and it's been 20 days now but still no call.
I applied on 25th april and got my gift card earlier this week. So you should get yours sometimes next week
Aug 2, 2009
94 posts
9 upvotes
St. John's
Newedm wrote:
May 20th, 2017 3:02 pm
You may want to contact ratehub. From what it says you should receive the gift card within 10 business days after your card is approved:
"You should receive your gift card by email automatically within 5 to 10 business days after your application has been accepted. If you do not receive it, please contact RateHub.ca directly at cards@ratehub.ca or by phoning 1 (800) 679-9622. If you do not contact RateHub.ca within three months of receiving your credit card, your eligibility for the gift card will expire."
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2007
2957 posts
1122 upvotes
Calgary
Can we buy a 750$ prepaid credit card and satisfy the requirement?
I love my Koodo account.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 1 guest)

lint