Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Scotiabank

Scotiabank Gold AMEX $300 travel welcome bonus. First Year Fee Waived!

Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2006
5314 posts
2518 upvotes
Winnipeg
ShaunakS778100 wrote: Hello
i applied online and was approved for $20,000 limit. i am wondering is it possible to request split credit limit and request 3 new cards so that all have $5,000 credit card limit. This way all accounts will be considered new and there is a possibility to get 4 x $300 = $1200 in rewards.
i work for TD bank and TD considers every new account opened via split limit as new account. wondering if scotia bank will do the same? it will be great to earn all these rewards by having just 1 credit check and have 4 accounts instead.
Thanks
Legit question as TD does this and it's a great way to churn without getting a credit hit.

Just call Scotia and ask them to if the will split your credit to another card (but not the same product) and let us know if you get the points. Then try to switch that new card to this one and see what happens.

Funny how people think YOU are greedy for trying to milk $1200 from a bank that made $2 BILLION profit 2017 Q1
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2010
1680 posts
877 upvotes
Kanada
canuckcolehead wrote: Now if the OP snoopdop would ever update the original post with updated offers and terms these questions would stop coming up
every. single. day.
Updated the OP with the info regarding when the welcome bonus posts
Part of the art of working in customer service, at any company, is the ability to invent plausible explanations for unexpected outcomes. An algorithm makes the decision. The agent does not necessarily know why.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 10, 2004
7571 posts
3145 upvotes
Canada
canuckcolehead wrote: Legit question as TD does this and it's a great way to churn without getting a credit hit.

Just call Scotia and ask them to if the will split your credit to another card (but not the same product) and let us know if you get the points. Then try to switch that new card to this one and see what happens.

Funny how people think YOU are greedy for trying to milk $1200 from a bank that made $2 BILLION profit 2017 Q1
Can you please explain what you mean by splitting cards? Say you are applying for TD Visa Aeroplan Infinite. How do you open 3 cards instead of 1? And how do you get 3x sign up bonuses?
I use voice typing, expect mistakes...
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2006
5314 posts
2518 upvotes
Winnipeg
dazz wrote: Can you please explain what you mean by splitting cards? Say you are applying for TD Visa Aeroplan Infinite. How do you open 3 cards instead of 1? And how do you get 3x sign up bonuses?
Say you get a $15,000 credit limit on a new Aeroplan card. You can call and ask them to use $5000 credit to open a new card without the credit hit. And call again for another card with $5000 from the remaining $10k.

Note: they will most likely charge an annual fee on the respective cards, negating most of the bonus point value. And also, best to split the cards into different products (may not be successful asking them to open a 2nd/3rd Aeroplan card, try a 1st Class and Cashback)
Deal Fanatic
May 13, 2005
5148 posts
5848 upvotes
Montreal
X360 wrote: Monthly subscription, I've just changed the payment method to this Scotia Amex card online. Let's see if STM will get the money from this card next month.

All right, my test success for Montreal STM monthly subscription using Scotia Amex. It shows up as travel transaction. Now, I just have to wait for bonus point to redeem. I could redeem up to 4 payments.

4 x $78 = $312 = 31200 points ... The remaining points are around 500 points...

Nov 21, 2012
100 posts
39 upvotes
Mississauga
I booked a trip in Vegas from Scotia Rewards and it showed only 1 point for dollar. Should travel be 4 points?
Jun 21, 2010
154 posts
157 upvotes
Gatineau
With the current version of Amex Gold from scotia, there's no 4x on travel. 4x is on Gas, groceries, entertainment and restaurants. 1x for everything else.

Those that have 4x on travel either have it for sometime or have something different from this.
I update websites for a living, sometimes I make small dynamic pages.
Deal Addict
Jun 22, 2007
1504 posts
943 upvotes
London, ON
eriken wrote: I booked a trip in Vegas from Scotia Rewards and it showed only 1 point for dollar. Should travel be 4 points?
No, travel is 1%.

Funny that the points are redeemed against travel purchases at 1% yet the main point of the card is a travel card with great insurance benefits. Travel must be one of those high spend categories they don't want to risk at paying a higher rate. I'll be leaning towards the Amex Cobalt once its released for the higher reward on travel. No one card is perfect.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 18, 2008
9291 posts
2352 upvotes
Mont-Royal
anyone has the offer or email, or paper, or screenshot that its 30000 points and not 25000 points (between may 1 - july 31)?

on the footnote of scotia bank amex, it says 25000 points for those who apply before july 31
"Every marathon you run, your heart scars and you will die faster. If you think running a marathon is fitness, then you know NOTHING ABOUT HEALTH & FITNESS."
- Training 101
Jun 21, 2010
154 posts
157 upvotes
Gatineau
L4cky wrote: anyone has the offer or email, or paper, or screenshot that its 30000 points and not 25000 points (between may 1 - july 31)?

on the footnote of scotia bank amex, it says 25000 points for those who apply before july 31
Where do you see 25000 points? I only see 30000 points here: Scotiabank Gold Amex
I update websites for a living, sometimes I make small dynamic pages.
Deal Addict
Jun 22, 2007
1504 posts
943 upvotes
London, ON
5th statement generated today and the 30,000 bonus points posted at the same time. Used all my points towards a travel purchase from my first statement and now just waiting for the credit to post to my account. Good deal.
Mar 6, 2015
220 posts
460 upvotes
davethegr8 wrote: 5th statement generated today and the 30,000 bonus points posted at the same time. Used all my points towards a travel purchase from my first statement and now just waiting for the credit to post to my account. Good deal.
Same here. Good deal indeed.
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2010
1605 posts
175 upvotes
Markham
Thanks OP. Got my points today. A few days after my 5th statement
Feb 14, 2012
351 posts
76 upvotes
Toronto
Can we book on AirBnb and be eligible to redeem the points?
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2001
1418 posts
940 upvotes
Vancouver
Got my points today, right after my 5th statement was issued.
Ommack wrote: Can we book on AirBnb and be eligible to redeem the points?
I applied the points towards an AirBnB booking.
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2012
3886 posts
1527 upvotes
Canada
Got 30,000 points today as well
Jul 8, 2017
86 posts
60 upvotes
By the way, your bonus points may be credited before your 5th statement is produced. Mine showed up today, more than two weeks in advance of my 5th statement. However, you won't see them unless you login to the Scotia Rewards site. (The number of points displayed on Scotia OnLine lags.)
Deal Fanatic
Jun 3, 2009
5735 posts
1585 upvotes
Montreal
Awesome! My 30k showed up on the rewards site as well and they already can be applied for the all inclusive vacation I just booked 2 weeks ago!

Alternatively, is it possible to transfer points from one client to another? If so i'll transfer mine to my gf so she can buy an iPad mini 4 along with her points.
Mar 17, 2006
740 posts
505 upvotes
Just received my 30000 points today. Maybe this has been discussed here already, so bear with me. I was under the impression that 30000 points equaled 300$ in travel (as per the tilte of this thread). I have accumulated approx. 36000 points. When I try to redeem it, i get that I need 37500 points to equal 300$. Did they devalue the points and trying to pull a fast one or I am I missing something? Plan to call tomorrow to complain but I don't want to come off sounding like an idiot.
Deal Addict
Mar 3, 2009
1913 posts
1221 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
If you redeem against travel that you have charged to the card then 30,000 points = $300

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)