Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Scotiabank

Scotiabank Gold AMEX $300 travel welcome bonus. First Year Fee Waived!

Mar 17, 2006
740 posts
503 upvotes
dr_torch wrote: If you redeem against travel that you have charged to the card then 30,000 points = $300
Ah yes, I was doing it the wrong way. Thanks for not making me look like an idiot.
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2010
1321 posts
288 upvotes
toronto
Does airbnb count for redemption?
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2014
8476 posts
6210 upvotes
Got the points too and I applied in July. I immediately redeemed $99 from my travel and it said it could that up to 2 statements to show the credit, what the heck? it's not immediate like Cap1 travel? Boy I missed that card and how we can redeem travel credits from it :(
Deal Fanatic
May 13, 2005
5125 posts
5808 upvotes
Montreal
mkl38s wrote: Got the points too and I applied in July. I immediately redeemed $99 from my travel and it said it could that up to 2 statements to show the credit, what the heck? it's not immediate like Cap1 travel? Boy I missed that card and how we can redeem travel credits from it :(
Where do you see up to 2 statements...

I've just redeemed and receive email saying it will show up on Scotia OnLine statement within 5 to 7 business days.
Although your statement credit will appear on your Scotia OnLine statement within 5 to 7 business days, you can visit scotiarewards.com anytime to view your Apply Points to Travel transaction history.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2014
8476 posts
6210 upvotes
X360 wrote: Where do you see up to 2 statements...

I've just redeemed and receive email saying it will show up on Scotia OnLine statement within 5 to 7 business days.
Yes I got the same email just now, 5-7 business days. It was on the reward site after I redeemed that I saw up to 2 statements, maybe I misread it or maybe they were just being conservative
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2006
2459 posts
472 upvotes
Southwestern Ontario
Got my points as well. Doesn’t show on my ScotiaOnline but does in the rewards section.
Mar 24, 2009
93 posts
37 upvotes
Got my points as well. Didn't know how long it would take so I paid off my all inclusive 3 weeks ago. Wish I would have waited -_-
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2008
1078 posts
324 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
mistry121 wrote: Got my points as well. Didn't know how long it would take so I paid off my all inclusive 3 weeks ago. Wish I would have waited -_-
Can't you just apply the points up to a year back? So regardless if you paid off your balance, you should be able to apply it to the transaction, and have a credit balance.
Deal Addict
Mar 20, 2013
1532 posts
937 upvotes
Scarborough
l2iceman wrote: Can't you just apply the points up to a year back? So regardless if you paid off your balance, you should be able to apply it to the transaction, and have a credit balance.
Can this be converted somehow in cash? It's not really the credit balance I need, because churning ;).
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2009
1223 posts
762 upvotes
Just got my 30,000 bonus points today, only 3 months after my first transaction. Great deal.
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2003
3173 posts
1082 upvotes
Toronto
number17 wrote: Just got my 30,000 bonus points today, only 3 months after my first transaction. Great deal.
Nice!

I got my card in May 2017, satisfied the spending requirement in a month and am still waiting for the points...sigh.
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2009
1223 posts
762 upvotes
All in all I've been pretty happy with the card, and how I can get 4x points from a lot of places (only downside is AMEX isn't accepted everywhere) and I did some quick math, seems like the card is a keeper even after the first year (with the annual fees waived)
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2008
1703 posts
1785 upvotes
marcsterr wrote: Nice!

I got my card in May 2017, satisfied the spending requirement in a month and am still waiting for the points...sigh.
Same here. I contacted them, they told me by my Oct statement.. takes forever.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 13, 2002
5699 posts
2229 upvotes
iioonneell wrote: Can this be converted somehow in cash? It's not really the credit balance I need, because churning ;).
No
Journie: Use my promo code JR-ColinTOUM during registration, and you’ll automatically save 2¢/ L on your next fill-up. (Full disclosure: Once you do, I get a discount, too!)
Deal Fanatic
Oct 13, 2002
5699 posts
2229 upvotes
cn_habs wrote: Alternatively, is it possible to transfer points from one client to another? If so i'll transfer mine to my gf so she can buy an iPad mini 4 along with her points.
No, it's not.
Journie: Use my promo code JR-ColinTOUM during registration, and you’ll automatically save 2¢/ L on your next fill-up. (Full disclosure: Once you do, I get a discount, too!)
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2003
3173 posts
1082 upvotes
Toronto
bpcrally wrote: Same here. I contacted them, they told me by my Oct statement.. takes forever.
I called them and they told me September statement (which hasn't been released yet for me)

I'm not holding my breath.
Oct 6, 2014
33 posts
8 upvotes
Toronto, ON
No points after four months of the first transaction. Called up three times, every-time after one minute of calling, the voice of calls were smaller and smaller to zero gradually.
Deal Addict
Sep 1, 2007
2908 posts
2563 upvotes
Surrey
future3000 wrote: No points after four months of the first transaction. Called up three times, every-time after one minute of calling, the voice of calls were smaller and smaller to zero gradually.
You have to mark the time after you pass $750 spend. Not the first transaction

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)