Expired Hot Deals

[Scotiabank] Scotiabank Gold AMEX $300 travel welcome bonus. First Year Fee Waived!

Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2006
3709 posts
711 upvotes
Winnipeg
stonyboys wrote:
Jul 30th, 2017 7:31 pm
That's where I got the july quote from lol, which point are you seeing which says oct? Fine print #1 is what I quoted above which says July 31.
When I click on it is says October 31 for fine print # 1

Weird?!
Oct 29, 2007
175 posts
32 upvotes
canuckcolehead wrote:
Jul 30th, 2017 7:38 pm

Weird?!
I see Oct 31st too.
Jul 29, 2012
851 posts
216 upvotes
Alberta
canuckcolehead wrote:
Jul 30th, 2017 7:38 pm

Weird?!
Raki wrote:
Jul 30th, 2017 11:26 pm
I see Oct 31st too.
Haha ok I have no idea what's happening, i refreshed multiple times and mine still says july 31. Maybe it's because I applied for it and they're trying to use cookie tricks to make me panic and send my documents for a quick account opening?
Deal Guru
Aug 8, 2012
10198 posts
3803 upvotes
BC
stonyboys wrote:
Jul 31st, 2017 2:40 am
Haha ok I have no idea what's happening, i refreshed multiple times and mine still says july 31. Maybe it's because I applied for it and they're trying to use cookie tricks to make me panic and send my documents for a quick account opening?
July 31 even in incognito window? If so maybe Alberta gets July 31 :)

BC here. I see Oct 31.
POLL: How frequent is your RRSP-matching?
Plastiq: Pay any bill with credit card for 0-2.5% fee (help meet min spending and keep old cards active!)
Rewards program transfer times (e.g. SPG->Aeroplan, Marriott->SPG, Amex MR->SPG...)
Nov 30, 2016
91 posts
24 upvotes
ace604 wrote:
Jul 31st, 2017 3:09 am
July 31 even in incognito window? If so maybe Alberta gets July 31 :)

BC here. I see Oct 31.
I'm in Alberta, also seeing Oct 31
Dec 2, 2013
124 posts
194 upvotes
Montreal
Unbelievable shi*** customer service from Scotia. The car was sitting for two months at the branch, they did a mistake on my phone number but they never bothered to look for the right phone number, I have an account at that stupid branch. I had to fight them over the phone and got transferred/disconnected a zillion of times. When she was able to extend the $750 minimum purchase to two extra months, we found out that the stupid person that printed the card put the wrong promo code, so if we didn't found out this, I would have received only 20K points after $1K spending, that is the promo that was tied to my card even though I clearly applied for the $750/30K.
Dec 2, 2013
124 posts
194 upvotes
Montreal
How ling it takes to get the 30K points ?
Deal Guru
Aug 8, 2012
10198 posts
3803 upvotes
BC
elideli wrote:
Jul 31st, 2017 12:03 pm
How ling it takes to get the 30K points ?
LOL. I think this gets asked every day.

Read the 2nd sentence of the OP.
Plastiq: Pay any bill with credit card for 0-2.5% fee (help meet min spending and keep old cards active!)
Rewards program transfer times (e.g. SPG->Aeroplan, Marriott->SPG, Amex MR->SPG...)
Deal Guru
Aug 8, 2012
10198 posts
3803 upvotes
BC
elideli wrote:
Jul 31st, 2017 12:02 pm
Unbelievable shi*** customer service from Scotia. The car was sitting for two months at the branch, they did a mistake on my phone number but they never bothered to look for the right phone number, I have an account at that stupid branch. I had to fight them over the phone and got transferred/disconnected a zillion of times. When she was able to extend the $750 minimum purchase to two extra months, we found out that the stupid person that printed the card put the wrong promo code, so if we didn't found out this, I would have received only 20K points after $1K spending, that is the promo that was tied to my card even though I clearly applied for the $750/30K.
Wow two months? How did they finally get a hold of you? ... or did you actually wait two months before calling/going looking for it? If so... you are way too patient :)
Deal Fanatic
Jul 17, 2008
7380 posts
1253 upvotes
So anyone has some good suggestions what to get for 750$ and also take advantage of the 4% instead of just randomly using it and only get 1%?

Problem is I already do all my shopping at SS, and I have the PC WE at 3% + any points, I fill up from either PC gas bar (7c/L + 3%) or Costco but they don't accept Amex toward the 4% for fuel. And I don't eat out much.

So I guess I need to find a "grocery" store and buy something that qualifies, but obviously can't load on food since it will spoil.

Some mentioned buying GC from "grocery stores" or someone said in the west (BC, AB) there are liquor store's that qualify as a grocery store. Which would be perfect since I can easily buy 750$ worth of wine and beer and that won't spoil. For the record I am in BC

I don't think the gov BC Liquor store qualifies right?
Deal Guru
Aug 8, 2012
10198 posts
3803 upvotes
BC
Messerschmitt wrote:
Jul 31st, 2017 9:38 pm
So anyone has some good suggestions what to get for 750$ and also take advantage of the 4% instead of just randomly using it and only get 1%?

Problem is I already do all my shopping at SS, and I have the PC WE at 3% + any points, I fill up from either PC gas bar (7c/L + 3%) or Costco but they don't accept Amex toward the 4% for fuel. And I don't eat out much.

So I guess I need to find a "grocery" store and buy something that qualifies, but obviously can't load on food since it will spoil.

Some mentioned buying GC from "grocery stores" or someone said in the west (BC, AB) there are liquor store's that qualify as a grocery store. Which would be perfect since I can easily buy 750$ worth of wine and beer and that won't spoil. For the record I am in BC

I don't think the gov BC Liquor store qualifies right?
$750 in Amazon GCs won't spoil if you buy them at the grocery store and immediately load them to your Amazon account :)

Just don't use the GC balance on items you want covered by a CC warranty.
Jul 5, 2015
41 posts
4 upvotes
Coquitlam
Was anyone able to get approved after getting denied? I tried three times, twice at work and once at home. I have a decent job and my credit is fine.. I have nothing open with Scotiabank.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 17, 2008
7380 posts
1253 upvotes
Jessica1906 wrote:
Aug 1st, 2017 2:59 am
Was anyone able to get approved after getting denied? I tried three times, twice at work and once at home. I have a decent job and my credit is fine.. I have nothing open with Scotiabank.
If you get denied once I'm pretty sure it's useless to try again, unless you call them and straighten out why you were denied in the first place.

You're not calling Fido to keep trying and get a compliant rep.
Oct 29, 2007
175 posts
32 upvotes
If I have a SCENE Visa with Scotiabank, can I still get points from this card?