Expired Hot Deals

[Scotiabank] Scotiabank Gold AMEX $300 travel welcome bonus. First Year Fee Waived!

Deal Fanatic
Jul 17, 2008
7649 posts
1362 upvotes
ace604 wrote:
Jul 31st, 2017 10:29 pm
$750 in Amazon GCs won't spoil if you buy them at the grocery store and immediately load them to your Amazon account :)

Just don't use the GC balance on items you want covered by a CC warranty.
Fair enough. But I've been floating already a few hundred in Amazon balance with all kinds of promos so another 750? I mean it will come handy if I make a big purchase, but when.

Anyway, I'm trying to see if any liquor stores here would be classified as grocery. Altough not sure how they are still in business since all are more expensive then the government run

On another note, it seems I can't register the Scotia amex on amex website. The transactions I made haven't posted yet but I hope they give as much details as amex, especially for the points allocation
Deal Guru
Aug 8, 2012
10198 posts
3814 upvotes
BC
Messerschmitt wrote:
Aug 1st, 2017 11:04 am
Fair enough. But I've been floating already a few hundred in Amazon balance with all kinds of promos so another 750? I mean it will come handy if I make a big purchase, but when.

Anyway, I'm trying to see if any liquor stores here would be classified as grocery. Altough not sure how they are still in business since all are more expensive then the government run

On another note, it seems I can't register the Scotia amex on amex website. The transactions I made haven't posted yet but I hope they give as much details as amex, especially for the points allocation
You don't register the Scotiabank Amex card on the Amex Bank site.

They don't show pending transactions at all.

ScotiaRewards site is accessible from within ScotiaOnline login and it shows each transaction and rewards earned on its own line, but these take at least 2-3 days or more to show up.
POLL: How frequent is your RRSP-matching?
Plastiq: Pay any bill with credit card for 0-2.5% fee (help meet min spending and keep old cards active!)
Rewards program transfer times (e.g. SPG->Aeroplan, Marriott->SPG, Amex MR->SPG...)
Jul 25, 2015
46 posts
9 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
Messerschmitt wrote:
Aug 1st, 2017 11:04 am
You need to register for ScotiaOnline. The detail shown is pretty much limited to an icon showing the category for each transaction. If it's not a bonus category, there's no icon.
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2011
1620 posts
118 upvotes
Ottawa
Where is the link to signup. The OP link is not working.
Oct 7, 2008
790 posts
100 upvotes
Just do it on the scotia bank website
Deal Addict
Apr 1, 2001
4535 posts
192 upvotes
I apologize if this has been answered...

The signup bonus is worth 30,000 points (or $300 against travel purchases). I am aware that you can book travel on ANY website, then redeem your points against the purchase.

If the travel purchase is more than $300, will they allow you to redeem the 30,000 points and get a $300 credit towards the purchase, despite the purchase being greater than $300? (In other words, do you have to have enough points to cover the entire travel purchase to make a redemption?)

Are redemptions restricted to certain increments? For example, can I redeem $305 if I have 30,500 points?
Dec 19, 2006
248 posts
31 upvotes
NCR
Arrow wrote:
Aug 2nd, 2017 12:18 am
I apologize if this has been answered...

The signup bonus is worth 30,000 points (or $300 against travel purchases). I am aware that you can book travel on ANY website, then redeem your points against the purchase.

If the travel purchase is more than $300, will they allow you to redeem the 30,000 points and get a $300 credit towards the purchase, despite the purchase being greater than $300? (In other words, do you have to have enough points to cover the entire travel purchase to make a redemption?)

Are redemptions restricted to certain increments? For example, can I redeem $305 if I have 30,500 points?
You can do partial redemptions. I just redeemed $350 on a $700 transaction line for hotels the other day.
Deal Addict
Apr 1, 2001
4535 posts
192 upvotes
RedRon wrote:
Aug 2nd, 2017 12:22 am
You can do partial redemptions. I just redeemed $350 on a $700 transaction line for hotels the other day.
Thanks!
Aug 8, 2016
202 posts
20 upvotes
I haven't recieved my $300 dollars worth of points and I've had two statements since I had my card and spent over $1000 on it already. Should I be calling Scotia rewards?
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2005
3205 posts
82 upvotes
Had this card for a few months now. Still waiting for the bonus points to show in my account. Not a lot of places accept AMEX, and the 'tap' feature doesn't work on a lot of machines (have to insert card and enter my PIN). My local grocery store doesn't accept it, and I will be using Costco for gas soon, and they don't accept it either. Probably better off with my older Mastercard and a VISA. After this year, I won't be renewing it.
Mar 16, 2011
213 posts
68 upvotes
tigger03 wrote:
Aug 2nd, 2017 7:32 am
Had this card for a few months now. Still waiting for the bonus points to show in my account. Not a lot of places accept AMEX, and the 'tap' feature doesn't work on a lot of machines (have to insert card and enter my PIN). My local grocery store doesn't accept it, and I will be using Costco for gas soon, and they don't accept it either. Probably better off with my older Mastercard and a VISA. After this year, I won't be renewing it.
I guess it depends on which stores people normally go to. I've had great luck so far in using mine almost everywhere i go, especially restaurants, which is my main spend on the card. My LOblaws does not take it however, which is the only real gap I have so far. Esso stations take it no problem and the movie theater takes it, another big spend of mine. In just over a month, I've accumulated $77 dollars worth in points, which is pretty good value for me for a card with no annual fee the first year and a $300 sign up bonus).
Banned
Jul 19, 2017
42 posts
13 upvotes
Anyone have an idea of how long the points take to arrive?
Mar 16, 2011
213 posts
68 upvotes
treefiddy wrote:
Aug 2nd, 2017 11:10 am
Anyone have an idea of how long the points take to arrive?
The original posts says within 2 billing cylces after the first 3 months where you spend the $750. Although it seems at least one person here said he got them after reaching minimum spend within 2 billing cycles after that. So up to 5 months...