Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Scotiabank

Scotiabank Gold AMEX $300 travel welcome bonus. First Year Fee Waived!

Deal Fanatic
Apr 1, 2001
6822 posts
1255 upvotes
I still have about $100 in travel dollars on this card and want to use up all the points before the 1 year anniversary. I don't plan on keeping the card after the first year.

I don't have any established travel plans before my 1 year card anniversary.

I'm thinking of booking a refundable hotel on Expedia and applying the travel points to the booking. If it turns out I can't go on this trip, I'll cancel the hotel booking.

Would this work?
Deal Fanatic
Jun 6, 2010
9802 posts
5796 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Arrow wrote: I still have about $100 in travel dollars on this card and want to use up all the points before the 1 year anniversary. I don't plan on keeping the card after the first year.

I don't have any established travel plans before my 1 year card anniversary.

I'm thinking of booking a refundable hotel on Expedia and applying the travel points to the booking. If it turns out I can't go on this trip, I'll cancel the hotel booking.

Would this work?
They will refund you the scotia rewards if you cancel?
How does it work?
If I buy something that is not in deep discounted, my father will punish me; everyone will laugh at me. I will be the strange kid who doesn't fit in.
Guide to get free movie BOGO code from Virgin Mobile
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2014
1159 posts
726 upvotes
Toronto, ON
canuckcolehead wrote: Does Rexall or Shoppers Drug Mart give you 4 pts/$

(I know... they are drug stores... but some CC lump them into the grocery category)
no
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2013
1075 posts
1746 upvotes
Toronto
Is the $300 deal dead? On Ratehub I'm only seeing the $150 offer.
Sep 11, 2011
830 posts
568 upvotes
Alberta
Which, if any, liquor stores count as 4% groceries in Western CA(AB)
May 16, 2019
2 posts
wilhelmthe1st wrote: Which, if any, liquor stores count as 4% groceries in Western CA(AB)
I've had this card for years and have enjoyed getting 4% back on liquor store purchases (I'm in Alberta). However starting with my May/19 statement, Liquor Depot locations are now only earning 1% cash back--no longer 4%!
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2013
2104 posts
1920 upvotes
Ontario
ace604 wrote: Like it says in the 2nd sentence of OP. You have 3 months to hit the spend, they have 2 months to pay you AFTER that 3 months.
Where you been?
Nice to see you back.