Expired Hot Deals

[Scotiabank] Scotiabank Gold AMEX $300 travel welcome bonus. First Year Fee Waived!

Jul 25, 2015
39 posts
8 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
ace604 wrote:
Aug 2nd, 2017 1:31 pm
Icons are not the final say. ScotiaRewards site has full transaction history and shows how many points each purchase earned.
Sure, but icon = 4x points. Not really getting anything extra here.
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2011
1595 posts
114 upvotes
Ottawa
I just applied for my uncle using Great Canadian Rebate for the $50 cash back offer and for the first time ever the application never asked any questions to identify the user. Did not even have to enter the social insurance number. When has it been like this. I literally would just need somebody's name, address and date of birth and I could apply for anyone.
Oct 29, 2007
175 posts
32 upvotes
masoud100 wrote:
Aug 3rd, 2017 2:42 am
I just applied for my uncle using Great Canadian Rebate for the $50 cash back offer and for the first time ever the application never asked any questions to identify the user. Did not even have to enter the social insurance number. When has it been like this. I literally would just need somebody's name, address and date of birth and I could apply for anyone.
Awesome, sign up bonus is back.
Jul 23, 2007
98 posts
21 upvotes
York
I couldn't get through the online application using GCR and last time ratesupermarket.

I was told the internet I used was insecure which was not true.

I clicked through the ratesupermarket link and call in to apply. Got my credit card but ratesupermarket said ScotiaBank indicated that I am not eligible for the ratesupermarket $75 gift card promo.

Has anyone really successful in applying through third party online links? I through Scotiabank just doesn't want people receive the third party website promos and intentionally block the application and made people to call in.

quote=masoud100 post_id=28073812 time=1501742558 user_id=494421]
[/quote]
Oct 22, 2015
486 posts
116 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
wra45mon wrote:
Aug 2nd, 2017 4:12 pm
Would a client card be needed to create an online account to see transactions if this ccrd is the only product with Scotia?
I think in the past it was yes but has this changed?
Sorry for asking again but does anyone know the answer to this?
Jul 3, 2002
284 posts
207 upvotes
wra45mon wrote:
Aug 9th, 2017 9:08 pm
Sorry for asking again but does anyone know the answer to this?
No. All you need is the Visa and you can access it through Scotia online.
Dec 22, 2005
179 posts
10 upvotes
Hi,

I applied and approved. How long does it take to receive your card?
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2007
2802 posts
658 upvotes
QC
schnitzer wrote:
Aug 10th, 2017 7:52 pm
Hi,

I applied and approved. How long does it take to receive your card?
1 week maybe. Scotia will call you to pick it up.
Sep 30, 2009
472 posts
95 upvotes
Richmond Hill
For those that have the card, are you guys able to set up the online banking?

I only have this card with Scotia Bank and I can't set up it's online banking so I can view it's statements.

Anybody else have this problem?
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2012
1210 posts
631 upvotes
Etobicoke
patrickkc wrote:
Aug 11th, 2017 12:34 am
For those that have the card, are you guys able to set up the online banking?

I only have this card with Scotia Bank and I can't set up it's online banking so I can view it's statements.

Anybody else have this problem?
Do you have any other service with scotia bank ?

When i setup my account, they told me i need a debit card to set up an online account.

I m not sure if thats what you need or anything else.
Sep 30, 2009
472 posts
95 upvotes
Richmond Hill
specialoffers wrote:
Aug 11th, 2017 12:50 am
Do you have any other service with scotia bank ?

When i setup my account, they told me i need a debit card to set up an online account.

I m not sure if thats what you need or anything else.
I have no other services with Scotia Bank at all.

I know for TD bank, I can set up the online banking without having any other services with them.. guess that's not the case for Scotia.

man, Scotia bank makes everything so inconvenient. From approval for the card to having book an appointment to get the card.. can't wait till I'm done with this card.. lol
Jan 9, 2011
802 posts
388 upvotes
Vancouver
patrickkc wrote:
Aug 11th, 2017 12:57 am
I have no other services with Scotia Bank at all.

I know for TD bank, I can set up the online banking without having any other services with them.. guess that's not the case for Scotia.

man, Scotia bank makes everything so inconvenient. From approval for the card to having book an appointment to get the card.. can't wait till I'm done with this card.. lol
You have to visit a branch and ask for a dummy debit card. Use the card to set up Scotia online banking and your Amex will be listed there. No need to open a deposit account.

Yes Scotiabank is annoying.
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2012
1210 posts
631 upvotes
Etobicoke
Kiraly wrote:
Aug 11th, 2017 1:23 am
You have to visit a branch and ask for a dummy debit card. Use the card to set up Scotia online banking and your Amex will be listed there. No need to open a deposit account.

Yes . its very hard to deal with scotiabank.
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2017
1693 posts
425 upvotes
Vancouver
Kiraly wrote:

I set up my online account successfully without getting a debit card (I do not have any Scotia account except for the Gold Amex). What is the problem?
😎 Fido $55/6GB Loyalty Pulse Plan: 6GB, Unltd Canadian LD, Unltd Global Texting, 1000 Intl LD Minutes, Data Bytes, Fido Roam, Spotify... 😄
Apr 25, 2005
599 posts
127 upvotes
Kiraly wrote:

I set up an online profile for the SB Amex without a debit card. Just uses a userid instead. Internally it sets up a virtual debit card. YMMV