5492 posts
4593 upvotes
Here on earth

[Scotiabank] ScotiaBank Momentum VISA Infinite FYF + 10% back in first 3 months

Deal Link:
Retailer:
Scotiabank
More offers from Scotiabank
Was browsing Facebook and seen an ad for this deal.
I believe this to be new, possibly starting today, because I’ve been eyeing this card and just looked at it the other day, and this promo was not on then.
I’m probably going to apply.

10% back is limited to first 2k spend, so $200 cash back.

Apply link https://www.scotiabank.com/ca/en/person ... YgodGAkA_A

Don’t forget GCR or similar bonus!
Last edited by coolintheshade on Nov 1st, 2018 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
632 replies
Dec 4, 2007
797 posts
317 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks OP, great offer! Actual sign up bonus is equivalent to $200 or less.

Note: You will earn 10% cash back (the “Offer”) on the first $2000 in eligible purchases posted to your new Scotia Momentum® Visa Infinite* credit card account (the “Account”) beginning on the Account open date and ending 3 months after that date or when you reach the maximum cash back value of $200, whichever comes first (the “Offer End Date”).
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2008
1188 posts
628 upvotes
$200 + FYF ($99) + $55 GCR = $354

$255 in cash, has there been a better offer for this card before?
Jul 16, 2012
909 posts
543 upvotes
Vancouver, BC Canada
I'm just a poor hobo...can't meet income requirements Crying Face
Deal Fanatic
Feb 15, 2006
8283 posts
2560 upvotes
Toronto
That 10% cashback sounds so good. But then seeing it's only up to $200, a bit disappointing. Oh well, FYF still makes this a good offer.
Aug 22, 2015
189 posts
167 upvotes
Longueuil, qc
canucks4life wrote:
Nov 1st, 2018 3:02 pm
I'm just a poor hobo...can't meet income requirements Crying Face
Give it a shot: they accepted my application even if I made about $53k back then (that said, being an Engineer probably helped).
Deal Addict
Apr 21, 2009
1702 posts
1266 upvotes
Toronto
Is the 10% actually on everything or just gas groceries and drugs which are usually 4/4/2%

Like can I buy furniture which would be 1% and be given the 9% bonus?
Last edited by BengaliPrince on Nov 1st, 2018 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2008
2501 posts
1743 upvotes
I have 2 Scotia cards already (AMEX and Visa passport) ...will I still get this promo?
Deal Addict
Apr 21, 2009
1702 posts
1266 upvotes
Toronto
pongster wrote:
Nov 1st, 2018 3:13 pm
I have 2 Scotia cards already (AMEX and Visa passport) ...will I still get this promo?
Yes just apply
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2008
2085 posts
342 upvotes
Note that the redemption period is once a year at the end of November. If you cancel prior to that time, you lose your points.

This means that if you sign up now, your annual fee kicks in every year in early November. However, doing this would mean that you could never cancel prior to your annual fee kicking or you'll lose your points for the year. You also don't get prorated the annual fee if you cancel early.

I've been eyeing this card since the MBNA World Elite got nerfed and am waiting till December.
Last edited by enhanced on Nov 1st, 2018 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Apr 21, 2009
1702 posts
1266 upvotes
Toronto
enhanced wrote:
Nov 1st, 2018 3:22 pm
Note that the redemption period is once a year at the end of November. If you cancel prior to that time, you lose your points.

This means that if you sign up now, your annual fee kicks in every year in early November. However, doing this would mean that you could never cancel prior to your annual fee kicking or you'll lose your points for the year. You also don't get prorated the annual fee.
*We will waive the initial annual fee for the primary card and each additional supplementary card for the first year. Offer applies to new Scotiabank credit card account (“Accounts”) only that are opened by February 28, 2019. Any additional supplementary cards must be issued by February 28, 2019 to qualify.

Best to sign up first week of December so you can cancel next year after you get paid

Also supplementary cards are free
Last edited by BengaliPrince on Nov 1st, 2018 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2008
2085 posts
342 upvotes
BengaliPrince wrote:
Nov 1st, 2018 3:24 pm
Offer applies to a new Account only opened by February 28, 2019

Best to sign up first week of December so you can cancel next year after you get paid
Fantastic. Good to know the promo goes on that long.
Deal Addict
Aug 18, 2009
1270 posts
559 upvotes
Toronto
Has anyone had any luck getting the annual fee waived after the first year?
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2008
1188 posts
628 upvotes
enhanced wrote:
Nov 1st, 2018 3:22 pm

This means that if you sign up now, your annual fee kicks in every year in early November. However, doing this would mean that you could never cancel prior to your annual fee kicking or you'll lose your points for the year. You also don't get prorated the annual fee if you cancel early.

I've been eyeing this card since the MBNA World Elite got nerfed and am waiting till December.
Thanks for this, I wasn't aware before..

For those interested in the official T&C:
The Scotia Momentum VISA Infinite cash back program is an annual program. Your reward accumulates each month, beginning each year
with your December statement, and is awarded at the end of each 12 month period as a credit on your November statement.
Jan 7, 2011
746 posts
228 upvotes
Would rather have $250 in travel money + FYF
Photography.
RedFlagDeals - Brea
self promotion is not allowed on RFD

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)