Scotiabank VIsa chargeback timeframe

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 18th, 2019 10:31 am
Tags:
None
Jul 16, 2016
31 posts

Scotiabank VIsa chargeback timeframe

Does anyone know how long you have to file a dispute for fraudulent scotiabank visa charge? I noticed a charge from a couple months ago that I missed.
5 replies
Deal Guru
Aug 24, 2016
11665 posts
14020 upvotes
Win-ter-peg
I believe every cardholder agreement I have ever read, states 30 days after issuance of the statement containing the charge.
You’re probably SOL.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 14, 2003
6675 posts
5466 upvotes
LaLaLand
It could depend. I did a chargeback with American Express for something I purchased more than 90 days prior and, get this, on a canceled card and American Express still did it.

Although you are dealing with Scotia so maybe. Neutral Face
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2014
1020 posts
1206 upvotes
PedroX64 wrote: Does anyone know how long you have to file a dispute for fraudulent scotiabank visa charge? I noticed a charge from a couple months ago that I missed.
Scotiabank's Revolving Credit Agreement for VISA/AMEX cards does not state a time limit of when you need to report it to them. You can try reporting to see where it gets you. Normally it's 30 days but I don't see it in their Revolving Credit Agreement, only that it must be reported immediately, so I think you should be good as I believe that means that immediately after you discover the fraudulent charges.

For more: https://www.scotiabank.com/content/dam/ ... eement.pdf
Deal Addict
Nov 8, 2017
1556 posts
894 upvotes
Hope you like visiting the bank a lot, and being told one thing by one employee, then another thing by another employee

BNS
Dime Bag Outfit
Deal Addict
Nov 8, 2017
1556 posts
894 upvotes
batcave wrote: It could depend. I did a chargeback with American Express for something I purchased more than 90 days prior and, get this, on a canceled card and American Express still did it.

Although you are dealing with Scotia so maybe. Neutral Face
Amex= customer service
BNS=not so much

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)