None
Deal Addict
Aug 27, 2004
2225 posts
71 upvotes
Ajax

[Plenty] Scottie's in Whitby: 50% off Ski & Snowboarding gear

More offers from Plenty
Was at Scotties Ski & Snowboard shop today, they have a massive moving sale, with everything 50% off (except Nixon watches, which are 30% off).

I picked up a pair of Salomon Relay Pro bindings for $150, Salomon boots for $99, and a snowboard bag for $20.

There's plenty of stuff to choose from. I also saw high-end ski boots for about $250-$300 (can't recall exactly exact models, but there had Dalbello, Tecnica, and a bunch of others on display).

Address: 319 Brock St S (just north of the 401), Whitby
www.iridescotties.com -- webpage is under construction.
34 replies
Deal Fanatic
Nov 27, 2004
8597 posts
57 upvotes
Toronto
thns.. i really need snowboarding boots.

did you see the selection for them?.
Apr 30, 2007
57 posts
1 upvote
Anyone be able to pick up some bindings and a snowboard for me? :( Burton? I really need it and ill pay for shipping
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 27, 2004
2225 posts
71 upvotes
Ajax
CHINAdeals wrote:
Feb 12th, 2008 6:07 am
thns.. i really need snowboarding boots.

did you see the selection for them?.
From memory, they had a total of about 16-20 different boots for men (if not more, boots like the ones I bought weren't even on display). All major brands were represented, though about a third of the models on display were Burton. Prices, IIRC, went all the way up to $300-$350 (before the 50% discount).

The $99 Salomon pair I picked up were the Symbios: http://www.salomonsnowboard.com/caus/pr ... 33895.html
Deal Expert
Jun 3, 2005
26834 posts
405 upvotes
Ottawa
761349 wrote:
Feb 12th, 2008 7:23 am
Anyone be able to pick up some bindings and a snowboard for me? :( Burton? I really need it and ill pay for shipping
LOL>..out to BC? Surely the incurred cost can't be still significantly cheaper than buying elsewhere?? :confused:
●unlim CDN air&msging●unlim Global SMS●CD/VM●6Gb●$50
~Twitter~ ~Instagram~
[Suck it Trebeck]
100% BST & Heatware Trader since 2005
Deal Fanatic
Nov 27, 2004
8597 posts
57 upvotes
Toronto
D-3vil wrote:
Feb 12th, 2008 12:13 pm
From memory, they had a total of about 16-20 different boots for men (if not more, boots like the ones I bought weren't even on display). All major brands were represented, though about a third of the models on display were Burton. Prices, IIRC, went all the way up to $300-$350 (before the 50% discount).

The $99 Salomon pair I picked up were the Symbios: http://www.salomonsnowboard.com/caus/pr ... 33895.html
this years model too?
thats a good price

i was thinking about symbios..they were SO comfortable on my feet..but i felt they were a little too soft for my liking.. thinker of a stiffer boot.

did the sale just start too? i wont'be able to make it out there til in a bout a week
thns for the headsup though.. hope its not slim pickins by the time i check it out
Banned
May 5, 2003
4879 posts
26 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Any Ski Pants on sale?
Apr 12, 2007
86 posts
Is it just gear or this there clothing? Also do they sell a tune up kit for skis (ie. iron and wax)?
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2004
1520 posts
104 upvotes
Yes their website is definitly under construction , I can't even click any of the link without getting an error...

I was trying to find out the directions on how to get there. Is this the same brock st in pickering ?
Jan 24, 2007
335 posts
21 upvotes
kid3 wrote:
Feb 12th, 2008 3:03 pm
Yes their website is definitly under construction , I can't even click any of the link without getting an error...

I was trying to find out the directions on how to get there. Is this the same brock st in pickering ?

The one in Pickering in Brock Rd. This is Brock St. in Whitby.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 27, 2004
2225 posts
71 upvotes
Ajax
CHINAdeals wrote:
Feb 12th, 2008 1:31 pm
this years model too?
thats a good price

i was thinking about symbios..they were SO comfortable on my feet..but i felt they were a little too soft for my liking.. thinker of a stiffer boot.

did the sale just start too? i wont'be able to make it out there til in a bout a week
thns for the headsup though.. hope its not slim pickins by the time i check it out
From what I can tell, they are this year's model (I don't know how previous years' models looked like though). I agree, they were a bit softer than the Burtons I tried, but the fit was excellent. I had a chance to rent them at Mt St Louis, and was happy with the comfort and level of control (mind you, I am just starting out).

AFAIK, the sale started this past weekend, and it's on until there's nothing left or they move (not sure when that is).
Shaf wrote:
Feb 12th, 2008 2:19 pm
Any Ski Pants on sale?
yes, they are all 50% off.
mooo wrote:
Feb 12th, 2008 2:27 pm
Is it just gear or this there clothing? Also do they sell a tune up kit for skis (ie. iron and wax)?
Lots of clothing as well ... jackets, pants, even snow helmets are 50% off (may very well turn out to be a really hot deal, but I didn't check out the prices on helmets).

I left my board for a full tune-up (sharpening and waxing etc), it was $30. I'm not sure whether they carry tune-up kits for DYI, but you can always give them a call. Their service was topnotch while I was there.
Jan 22, 2007
75 posts
19 upvotes
I was there today, Great stuff on sale. They were also nice enough to let us in half an hr early cause we were headed for tremblant today. Picked up a protec helmet for 45 and a burton board bag for 45 aswell.
× < >