Tags:
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 2, 2001
3121 posts
436 upvotes
GTA

Scrolling issue

Not sure if anyone else is experiencing this but when i'm at the top of the page in the forums and scroll down a bit the page scrolls up to the top by itself and then when i scroll down again its fine. It happens when i scroll with the mouse, the sidebar or even the keyboard, the same thing always happens. This also happens on every browser chrome/firefox and opera. Anyone else?
9 replies
Mar 29, 2015
224 posts
72 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
I think it has to do with the top banner. If I scroll near the top at the cutoff point it will keep jumping back and forth as it adds the banner scrolling down and removes it scrolling up.
Apr 12, 2008
546 posts
53 upvotes
Toronto
I get weird scrolling using the Android RFD app on a Samsung tablet I scroll down using my finger and when I lift it the page self-scrolls up a bit. Worse, much worse, is that too many times when I tap on a forum link the page suddenly scrolls up or down: I see it highlight a forum that was not under my finger when I tapped, and it takes me into the wrong forum. Very annoying.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 2, 2001
3121 posts
436 upvotes
GTA
jechin1 wrote:
Feb 14th, 2018 6:27 pm
I think it has to do with the top banner. If I scroll near the top at the cutoff point it will keep jumping back and forth as it adds the banner scrolling down and removes it scrolling up.
You're right it does seem to be related to that top banner.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 12, 2017
6578 posts
1434 upvotes
props for that "first unread post" click link!
saves alot of scrolling! how does it remember when i last viewed a thread? say im using multiple devices? iOs iphone, nexus 6, chrome desktop?
does it know when i last viewed a thread/post? thx
*SIG: OptiPlex™ 790 i5-2400 @3.1ghz 12gb DDR3 ram win10pro w/radeon rx460 rogers 500u @$24.99 using D-Link DIR-890L AC3200
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
11388 posts
20568 upvotes
Scarborough
mikka2017 wrote:
Feb 21st, 2018 6:42 am
props for that "first unread post" click link!
saves alot of scrolling! how does it remember when i last viewed a thread? say im using multiple devices? iOs iphone, nexus 6, chrome desktop?
does it know when i last viewed a thread/post? thx
As long as you're logged in it should.
RFD Staff [Forum Rules] [Facebook] [Twitter].
Deal Fanatic
Nov 19, 2004
8521 posts
1607 upvotes
Cambridge, ON
Can't believe I never saw this before today. Ever since we got our new tablets this has been a major annoyance. Unsticking the bar makes all the difference!