Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
SDM

Chromecast 2015 $30, clearout YMMV

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 24th, 2016 12:55 pm
Nov 26, 2003
572 posts
55 upvotes
bogolisk wrote:
cloneman wrote: Based on my experience with Chromecasts, they just keep getting better. Great for netflix, youtube, Plex. NHLTV is 60fps this year.
It seems you can cast (almost ?) any web video to it from chrome. The kids keep casting from their chromebooks.
I still haven't found a way to cast Netflix.
Sep 25, 2012
132 posts
80 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
Lukus wrote:
bogolisk wrote: It seems you can cast (almost ?) any web video to it from chrome. The kids keep casting from their chromebooks.
I have no problem casting Netflix using Chrome and the Google Cast app. Watching Orange Is The New Black as I type this.
Nov 26, 2003
572 posts
55 upvotes
kinguy wrote:
Lukus wrote:
bogolisk wrote: It seems you can cast (almost ?) any web video to it from chrome. The kids keep casting from their chromebooks.
I have no problem casting Netflix using Chrome and the Google Cast app. Watching Orange Is The New Black as I type this.
I should have clarified... using mobile phone.
Sep 13, 2003
523 posts
74 upvotes
Lukus wrote:
kinguy wrote:
Lukus wrote:

We have both IOS and Android phones and are able to cast Nexflix no problem. Do you have the google cast app installed?
Saga Boy - D Star Boy Crew
Nov 26, 2003
572 posts
55 upvotes
kaiser__sose wrote:
Lukus wrote:
kinguy wrote:

We have both IOS and Android phones and are able to cast Nexflix no problem. Do you have the google cast app installed?
Yes, I do. I get sound but no picture. Searched online and seems like it's a known issue on Netflix's end. Not sure how you get around to making it work for you.

EDIT: Sorry, I just realized that it works with Netflix... My issue was when I tried casting Netflix on AnyCast. I could only get sound.
Deal Guru
Jan 6, 2005
12251 posts
3582 upvotes
So, I have 2 of the original Video Chromecasts... and 2 of the new Audio ones... I get the audio way of doing things... but I NEVER use my video ones... Just curious, if I have a way of watching this content on my TV already, ie, Android box, or other... do I really need this?
The first rule of RFD is, you do not talk about RFD.

The second rule of RFD is, you DO NOT talk about RFD.
Banned
Oct 5, 2015
951 posts
666 upvotes
Outremont, QC
This Chromecast is regular price at my local Pharmaprix, just shopped there today
I am wondering if I can use OP's pic to PM with Best buyBlack Question Mark Ornament
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2009
2536 posts
1726 upvotes
Kitchener
There are a few at the erb shoppers in Waterloo.
Aug 30, 2016
51 posts
6 upvotes
Is there anyway I can get this deal or price match thru best buy or SDM or is it too late? Looking to finally get a cc..
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2009
22529 posts
8938 upvotes
Toronto
I've been looking for these since early September at Shoppers and so far have never seen it less than $39.
Nov 13, 2009
878 posts
242 upvotes
Any Google Play credit promotion recently?
Nov 27, 2003
410 posts
52 upvotes
I just called SDM in Stoney Creek, and they are not on sale.
Deal Fanatic
May 8, 2002
5863 posts
2611 upvotes
Not on sale Peterborough Lansdown location...