Shopping Discussion

SDM Don't have Bonus redemption anymore?

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 6th, 2015 11:57 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2007
1709 posts
1168 upvotes
Richmond Hill

SDM Don't have Bonus redemption anymore?

Anyone notice SDM have a lot more 20X now, and coupon that you can load on your apps that get like 120000 bonus points for spending $50 (Which is more than 20X).
But they don't seem to have bonus redemption anymore?

Me and my wife together get around $900 worth of points and been waiting for bonus redemption for long time to unload some of them.
3 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2014
2991 posts
457 upvotes
This same question is being asked of many SDM clerks. The latest info (obtained this week) is that there is
supposed to be a spend your points event the first or second week of December. The clerk was not certain if it would be 95,000 points for $200 or a reduced 80,000 points.

I have over $600 in points - unless I buy my husband a few packs of razor blades (that would do it) I plan to use the points $ towards the very few products I can use in a premium skin care line so I won't be carrying out much. I always keep a back-up of each product I use due to allergies etc., but have had to repurchase due to the lack of bonus spend your points events - the last one being in July when we were away.

Of course I could have used the points towards a $170 purchase with 95,000 points - that would have prompted a bonus spend your points event the next week. There is the Seniors' Day option but premium skin care can be an issue.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2007
1709 posts
1168 upvotes
Richmond Hill
That's exactly what my wife is waiting for, Premium skin care product that never go on sale.
Bonus redemption is best time to get them.
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2014
2991 posts
457 upvotes
cheapshopper wrote:
Nov 5th, 2015 1:24 pm
That's exactly what my wife is waiting for, Premium skin care product that never go on sale.
Bonus redemption is best time to get them.
The problem is that everyone who uses premium skin care is waiting for the bonus event. On arrival at the store I plan to ensure that each of the products that I can use is in stock (with a decent best before date) - if not, then I will have to try another store. I know that some people are able to call ahead and have products held for them, but the SDM (not where our prescriptions are held) will not do this except for special people!

On the other hand, the store where our prescriptions are held is about to get the line (I could see the signage when I looked through the hoarding) - actually we were in there the other day and it is going to be seriously huge with major food offerings.

At the moment there is a portable - yes a portable, the same type that was used when I went to school - temporarily housing the LCBO. Great for the SDM owner in terms of destination shopping - bad for already risky parking.

I would have $1,000 or more if SDM carried the other 3 products that I use. Let's hope that the info I was given is correct.