Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Shoppers Drug Mart

Kindle Paperwhite & Kindle Fire HD $99

Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2004
3065 posts
523 upvotes

[Shoppers Drug Mart] Kindle Paperwhite & Kindle Fire HD $99

Saw these at the Queen/Kennedy SDM last night.

Kindle Paperwhite & Fire HD (probably first gen) both $99 down from $139 and $149.

Great deals IMO if you're in the market for either. Might even qualify for the $10 gift card with $50 purchase (ends Tuesday). Good luck!
95 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2006
2180 posts
133 upvotes
Toronto
That seems like a good deal on a Paperwhite. I still have my Kindle 3 (the one with the keyboard) but I've started looking at newer versions. I didn't even know Shoppers sold Kindles. I might drop into one here in London and check it out.
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2008
2931 posts
1523 upvotes
North York
Seems like only a medium deal. How much does Kindle 2 cost? I've been disappointed that e-ink devices have stayed so expensive. Keep hoping for serious discounts but it seems like I might as well be buying the newest most premium because they barely depreciate.
Jun 23, 2013
19 posts
VICTORIA BC
A4c. Has great deals on refurbished I've got nook with glowlight for 50 not sure they ship north ,ive got deals when in usa
Mar 26, 2012
332 posts
499 upvotes
Ottawa
hmmm, maybe something i can finally use my points for....even at regular redemption
Banned
Feb 25, 2007
2007 posts
792 upvotes
Woodbridge
Its the newest gen Kindle fire hd7 not the hdx
Go Big or Go Home! , Chi Chi Get the Yayo!
Aug 8, 2013
317 posts
291 upvotes
Ottawa
cronichead wrote: Its the newest gen Kindle fire hd7 not the hdx
If it is the newest Fire HD 7 then this is a great deal considering the new Fire HD 7 is at $184 on Amazon.ca
Aug 30, 2007
423 posts
219 upvotes
Picked up one. Thanks.

Just so people know, confirmed with Amazon. These are the second generation of Paperwhites (SN starts with 90D4).
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2006
3173 posts
1475 upvotes
quazy wrote: Seems like only a medium deal. How much does Kindle 2 cost? I've been disappointed that e-ink devices have stayed so expensive. Keep hoping for serious discounts but it seems like I might as well be buying the newest most premium because they barely depreciate.
How much lower do you want the price to go? Older e-reader models can easily be had for $40-50 if you look for a deal. That is the cost of 3-4 books. Can't really get much lower than that.
Aug 30, 2007
423 posts
219 upvotes
Talesavo wrote: Did you pick them up in the same location? i'm looking for a Kindle for a gift, so this would be great, but I'm in London, so I'd like to gauge whether it's just a regional deal or a little more widespread.
Outside of Ottawa
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2004
2144 posts
878 upvotes
Ottawa
sgtplunder wrote: Outside of Ottawa
There are 1241 Shoppers Drug Mart retail locations with just 21 of them located in Ottawa. That narrows it down to just 1220 locations "Outside of Ottawa". Can you give us just a little hint ...... was it a store in a province with a name beginning with a vowel? :razz:
yadda, yadda, yadda
Deal Fanatic
Mar 24, 2004
8683 posts
573 upvotes
Toronto
How are the ereaders these days? I have a Kobo glo but I don't use it often cos its slow to respond flipping pages and scrolling up/down. Really wish these were ereaders that had the same response as a tablet/smartphone.
Aug 30, 2007
423 posts
219 upvotes
pauldryan wrote: There are 1241 Shoppers Drug Mart retail locations with just 21 of them located in Ottawa. That narrows it down to just 1220 locations "Outside of Ottawa". Can you give us just a little hint ...... was it a store in a province with a name beginning with a vowel? :razz:
My point was, people are getting this deal in Toronto and I got it in the Ottawa region. It's not isolated to one Shopper Drug Mart, it appears to be at least Ontario.
Mar 4, 2007
367 posts
123 upvotes
Kanata
Just got the last 7" Fire HD (2013) at the Kanata Centrum location. This is 8GB only, on sale at $99.99, from $149.99... there is a 16GB also on sale for $149.99 (from 214.99).

I checked the location on Klondike and March Rd. In Kanata but the 8GB is still regular price at $149.99, and they won't price match.
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2014
3232 posts
2876 upvotes
GTA Ontario
KevC wrote: How are the ereaders these days? I have a Kobo glo but I don't use it often cos its slow to respond flipping pages and scrolling up/down. Really wish these were ereaders that had the same response as a tablet/smartphone.
I've got a Paperwhite and it's quite responsive. Tap the screen and it turns to the next page quickly. Or tap near the left edge to turn back a page, or near the top to bring down the menu. "Pinch" to change the font size (like a tablet), or from the menu you can change the font size, font, and backlight level (and do other things too of course). It can lag a bit when scrolling an Amazon page online, but that might have to do with the strength of my Wifi link where I do most of my reading (I really don't know; it hasn't been enough of an issue to bother experimenting). It's the only one I've used so I can't compare it to a Kobo, but I do enjoy using it.
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2012
3095 posts
1332 upvotes
West
Looked around Kelowna, nobody has any Kindle's of any kind. Is this an ON deal only?
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2005
3275 posts
2144 upvotes
Montréal, QC
Are these sold at Pharmaprix (QC)?
Looking for a Paperwhite
Deal Addict
Jan 15, 2006
1519 posts
1 upvote
killbillvol1 wrote: Saw these at the Queen/Kennedy SDM last night.

Kindle Paperwhite & Fire HD (probably first gen) both $99 down from $139 and $149.

Great deals IMO if you're in the market for either. Might even qualify for the $10 gift card with $50 purchase (ends Tuesday). Good luck!
Can't find this $10 gift card deal anywhere. Anyone know where I could get more details on it?
Nov 22, 2012
100 posts
16 upvotes
Halifax, NS
Does anyone know which locations in Halifax carry them?
Oct 21, 2007
478 posts
656 upvotes
Called a Shoppers in downtown Ottawa today (Sunday), and they had a Paperwhite, but said it was priced at $139 and not on sale. I don't see this deal advertised in Shopper's flyer, so that's not much help. I was optimistic seeing this thread, as I've been looking to get a Paperwhite... wondering if this deal is expired?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)