Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

Buy Canadian Tire Gift Card & Get 2000 Bonus Optimum Points

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 11th, 2014 11:05 am
Dec 30, 2007
43 posts
118 upvotes

Buy Canadian Tire Gift Card & Get 2000 Bonus Optimum Points

Expiry:
November 7, 2014
On the last page of the Nov. 1-7 flyer (Shoppers Drug Mart and Pharmaprix), it shows that you get Bonus Points with the Purchase of $50 Canadian Tire Gift Card. Fine print says - also available in $25.

Assuming you get the same bonus for both $50 and $25, it would be equivalent to anywhere from 10%-16% back (in Shoppers merchandise, depending on what level you redeem points at...). Not bad.
(and if you only get the bonus on $50, then the returns are cut in half).

Canadian Tire Gift Cards can be used to pay for gas @ Canadian Tire gas stations. As an added bonus, you'll get Canadian Tire Money back when paying for gas by gift card.

Of course, they can also be used in Canadian Tire stores.

edit... for those who can't find it in the flyer... credit to jshebib
jshebib wrote: check last page of the FOOD flyer
163 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2010
3261 posts
1220 upvotes
Perfect! Just in time - was about to make a CT purchase. Thanks OP
Aug 24, 2013
116 posts
32 upvotes
Don't see it on the online flyer for pharmaprix.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 19, 2001
9522 posts
3174 upvotes
uh oh I hope the traditional any gift card deal is still coming in NOV
If you aren't willing to take small losses, then you will take big losses. This is my guarantee. -
Mark Minervini
Deal Addict
Apr 23, 2014
2470 posts
1162 upvotes
Cellphone Tower
DaVibe wrote: Anyone ever face a gift card limit at Canadian Tire? The amount you can use per transaction?
nope, it's like credit card/cash

time to get my extra sdm cards out for the bonuses. :)
Place Your Ad Here
Deal Addict
Apr 23, 2014
2470 posts
1162 upvotes
Cellphone Tower
deals2008 wrote: On the last page of the Nov. 1-7 flyer (Shoppers Drug Mart and Pharmaprix), it shows that you get Bonus Points with the Purchase of $50 Canadian Tire Gift Card. Fine print says - also available in $25.

Assuming you get the same bonus for both $50 and $25, it would be equivalent to anywhere from 10%-16% back (in Shoppers merchandise, depending on what level you redeem points at...). Not bad.
(and if you only get the bonus on $50, then the returns are cut in half).

Canadian Tire Gift Cards can be used to pay for gas @ Canadian Tire gas stations. As an added bonus, you'll get Canadian Tire Money back when paying for gas by gift card.

Of course, they can also be used in Canadian Tire stores.
OP, i must be blind, but I can't find the promo.
Place Your Ad Here
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
13456 posts
12205 upvotes
DaVibe wrote: Anyone ever face a gift card limit at Canadian Tire? The amount you can use per transaction?
I used 10x $50 GC to purchase new tires at CT. Those $50 CT GC were purchased at Safeway with $5 off coupon.
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Public Mobile $34 15GB, $11 250MB, 2x $5 50min/50text, $0 FPL home phone,
Fido $5 4GB plan with a free tablet.
Deal Addict
Sep 18, 2003
2098 posts
920 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
don't know if you get points for $25 or if limit. I suspect this is like previous years buying gift cards.... there isn't a "limit" but it might be YMMV by store on whether they will accept credit card or cash to pay for the gift cards.

My question is can I use the Canadian Tire gift card to purchase other gift cards ?? I seem to recall people using ESSO gift cards to purchase other gift cards at ESSO. will report back on this question....

LAST YEAR
=======

Not as good as last year at this time.... 8000 points when you bought $150 in gift cards -- http://www.redflagdeals.com/deal/beauty ... um-points/ and here is the deal from last year....

[IMG]http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/6131/6wg.JPG[/IMG]

PS. that's last years -- 2013 deal !!!
Deal Addict
Apr 23, 2014
2470 posts
1162 upvotes
Cellphone Tower
jshebib wrote: don't know if you get points for $25 or if limit. I suspect this is like previous years buying gift cards.... there isn't a "limit" but it might be YMMV by store on whether they will accept credit card or cash to pay for the gift cards.
they should accept credit cards to buy GC, unless you go to one of the small stores and owner might give you some stupid excuse.
Place Your Ad Here
Oct 15, 2014
184 posts
544 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Is it possible to pay for this gift card by sdm gift card ? Thus we can add 500 points by buying sdm gift card previously.
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
13456 posts
12205 upvotes
8000 optimum points = $10.
Therefore, 2000 optimum points = $2.50
It is 5% off $50 worth of CT GC.

Is SDM accept SDM GC to purchase non-SDM GC?

I usually purchase SDM GC using my Amex Gold Reward card to get double Amex reward points + the Optimum points. Then, use SDM GC to make my purchase at SDM.
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Public Mobile $34 15GB, $11 250MB, 2x $5 50min/50text, $0 FPL home phone,
Fido $5 4GB plan with a free tablet.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 19, 2001
9522 posts
3174 upvotes
they are required to accept credit cards for gift card purchase and cannot make showing ID a condition of doing so. They were significantly dealt with by mastercard canada after issues Nov 2012. The stores involved were no problem in 2013
If you aren't willing to take small losses, then you will take big losses. This is my guarantee. -
Mark Minervini
Deal Addict
Sep 18, 2003
2098 posts
920 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
aklec1 wrote: Is it possible to pay for this gift card by sdm gift card ? Thus we can add 500 points by buying sdm gift card previously.
On the back of the SDM GC it says that it can't be used to purchase other GCs .... however, YMMV and it may be accepted at some stores. Again, it depends on the store and cashier.
Deal Addict
Sep 18, 2003
2098 posts
920 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
DaVibe wrote: Before this thread gets out of hand, let me remind you that SDM always limits the amount per transaction. I'm sure there will be a limit this time around too.
We will wait and see.
Agreed. But, you can usually do a few cards in the same transaction, and then go back and buy more.
Deal Addict
Apr 23, 2014
2470 posts
1162 upvotes
Cellphone Tower
jshebib wrote: On the back of the SDM GC it says that it can't be used to purchase other GCs .... however, YMMV and it may be accepted at some stores. Also, some stores may not allow you to purchase a GC with a credit card. Again, it depends on the store and cashier.
jshebib wrote: Agreed. But, you can usually do a few cards in the same transaction, and then go back and buy more.
I usually buy SDM GC first, get my points and then buy the GC using SDM GC :D double the points :D
Place Your Ad Here
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
26651 posts
15244 upvotes
Toronto
jshebib wrote: Agreed. But, you can usually do a few cards in the same transaction, and then go back and buy more.
No you can't because the points are forwarded to you. If the promotion says 3 transactions of 3 cards per card (let's say), then they will only reward you points based on that, regardless of how many times you participated.

Again, gotta wait and see.
RedFlagDeals Addict
Wash your car at Petro-Canada? Think again! Car damaged and nobody cares
Esso Price Privileges Card, 25% Off - save some money on gas

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)