Tags:
None
Deal Expert
Jun 3, 2005
28753 posts
1370 upvotes
PunkeyDoodles Corner…

SDM Pts earned when redeeming pts on a purchase

I bought $200 worth of stuff today and redeemed (yes I know I'm an idiot and I should've waited for the $200 redemption days, hey I couldn't resist LOL) my 75Kpts at the same time.

Can someone tell me how many points I should've received?

Is it 20X on the $200....or 20X on the ($200-$150=)$50?

I'm pretty certain the register brain-farted and I'll have to go back to get it fixed, or call customer service for them to handle it (the cashier drew a blank on me) sigh...

[yes, this is the first time I ever redeem pts :D :cheesygri :twisted: ]
PayTM$154, dead. SDM: $5342 Rakuten: $181.98
100% Established: BST; Heat; FB market; Kijiji *BST: FS Mens Shoes & Boots: Viberg, Allend Edmonds, Red Wings, misc,*
*Various Szs Vintage: Florsheim Imperial
13 replies
Sep 16, 2007
851 posts
426 upvotes
Ancaster
You will only receive 20X the points on the balance after redeeming $150. If the balance after redemption was less than $50 Pre tax you won't get 20x just the regular points.

You didn't mention if the $200 was pre or post tax. I'm assuming pre which means that after redemption your pre tax amount was less than $50.00 resulting in no extra points.
Deal Expert
Jun 3, 2005
28753 posts
1370 upvotes
PunkeyDoodles Corner…
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v283/ ... tomato.gif[/IMG] Awwwwwwww Crap!!!! Well that explains it. I'll have to have that adjusted. I didn't even think about that.
100% Established: BST; Heat; FB market; Kijiji *BST: FS Mens Shoes & Boots: Viberg, Allend Edmonds, Red Wings, misc,*
Deal Expert
Jun 3, 2005
28753 posts
1370 upvotes
PunkeyDoodles Corner…
the pts. what else did you think this thread was about?
Sep 16, 2007
851 posts
426 upvotes
Ancaster
bubble.tea wrote: the pts. what else did you think this thread was about?
Why do you think you're entitled to have the points adjusted? You didn't meet the criteria for receiving bonus points.
Deal Expert
Jun 3, 2005
28753 posts
1370 upvotes
PunkeyDoodles Corner…
MartinaC32 wrote: Why do you think you're entitled to have the points adjusted? You didn't meet the criteria for receiving bonus points.
You're quite correct. You have a fancy for stating the obvious?

Here's why: Cashier never informed me that I would not be receiving the points on the deducted value (eventhough I opened up my hello with "Nice to have a 20X promo today eh?"), therefore bumping me under the threshold by a penny. Had she I would've gladly bought a filler item.

If they don't want to honour that, no hide of my back. I'll return the items (((still in the bag-as I've been in parallel positions in past when learning about nuances of 'clubs' and 'policies' etc, so I know not to take anything for granted till it's set in stone...I've usually been successful in getting my point across...so I'm confident SDM will do the right thing. Heck either I end up with 250K...or I settle with 175K...It's all gonna be squeezed one way))) and reclaim my points only to redeem them at a better value on rewards days...probabaly what I should've done to begin with :D ...but the items were a good enough price I couldn't pass it up LOL.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 19, 2001
9537 posts
3186 upvotes
'Cashier never informed me that I would not be receiving the points on the deducted valu"

The cashiers dont explain the points to all the customers...do some reading if you want to know how it works. The cashier will ask for your card. half the time they wont even know a promo is on.
Deal Expert
Jun 3, 2005
28753 posts
1370 upvotes
PunkeyDoodles Corner…
zoro69 wrote: ...half the time they wont even know a promo is on.
LOL...yeah...it's something that seems to follow most industries. The eliteist consumers tend to know more about what's what than the people there. For them after all...it's just a paycheck..not a livelihood :D .

P>S> That's why they have managers ;) . I didn't get the Coke promo pts properly added to my card, so I went back a few days later, and the manager looked at it, and quickly manually adjusted the points for me, easy as that...if only I could get someone to manually adjust an extra 100K 'just like that' :lol: ...
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
26683 posts
15290 upvotes
Toronto
The Coke promo?
Doesn't the Coke promo say that it will be forwarded to you, just like all SDM promos? That's something you usually don't have to be worried about ... it will be added.

Cashiers don't have to tell customers what they'll be receiving points on. To be honest, with so many different promos, they don't even know what you'll be getting points on :lol:
RedFlagDeals Addict
Wash your car at Petro-Canada? Think again! Car damaged and nobody cares
Esso Price Privileges Card, 25% Off - save some money on gas
Deal Expert
Jun 3, 2005
28753 posts
1370 upvotes
PunkeyDoodles Corner…
^ Nope., instant reward printed on the receipt.
Mar 4, 2006
392 posts
205 upvotes
Do SDM even refund the points redeemed? I was told they don't, and they were never able to do so. So I never buy anything that might need to be refunded if I'm redeeming my points.
Deal Expert
Jun 3, 2005
28753 posts
1370 upvotes
PunkeyDoodles Corner…
I got the points awarded btw.
Sep 16, 2007
851 posts
426 upvotes
Ancaster
jjj3663 wrote: Do SDM even refund the points redeemed? I was told they don't, and they were never able to do so. So I never buy anything that might need to be refunded if I'm redeeming my points.
If you purchase something with your points that needs to be refunded you'll receive cash back for the item returned rather than points.

If you purchase something that clearly stated "pay with points" you'll get your points back rather than cash.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)