Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Shoppers Drug Mart

Redeem 95,000 points & get back 30,000 / $20 off w.u.s $75 or more (Fri.Mar.14)

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 24th, 2014 5:19 pm
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2007
3104 posts
1726 upvotes
Canada
mikemike192 wrote: Instead of saying that is very very new, it's more like they are monitoring it more closely so double dipping can be (and should be) prevented. Since it clearly stated "Not to be used in conjunction with any other Optimum Point promotions or offers." , the two coupons/offers are not meant to be used together. If it happened that some people were able to use both and they honored it, think of it as a nice gesture for them to honor their cashier's mistake.
I have never seen that on one of their coupons before, that's why I said it must be new. I am not suggesting doing anything shady by stacking points + discount promo's - it was a SDM manager who told me that their policies (and systems) allow it. If they scan two point promo's, the system rejects one. Points plus discount, both work because they (up till now) are suppose to...
Deal Guru
Mar 28, 2006
12225 posts
2957 upvotes
The $20 coupon is "Not to be used in conjunction with any other Optimum Point promotions or offers."

You may try your luck though, but you may never get the bonus points as they can deny that.
Mar 1, 2002
872 posts
295 upvotes
82 wrote: The $20 coupon is "Not to be used in conjunction with any other Optimum Point promotions or offers."
The interpretation of "other Optimum Point promotions or offers" is unclear. One can reasonably argue that it is saying "Optimum Point promotions or Optimum Point offers" and thus a coupon for $$ off should be applicable.
Deal Guru
Mar 28, 2006
12225 posts
2957 upvotes
Of course you can argue, in fact you may lucky that the system actually let you double dip. But if they deny the bonus points, they have legitimate reason for that. The dollar off coupon clearly says it cannot be combined with points promo. It is on the $20 coupon, so it is quite clear.
pulsar wrote: The interpretation of "other Optimum Point promotions or offers" is unclear. One can reasonably argue that it is saying "Optimum Point promotions or Optimum Point offers" and thus a coupon for $$ off should be applicable.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 29, 2003
6103 posts
6790 upvotes
Caledonia, ON
Thanks op I need another Xbox one controller!
Deal Fanatic
Aug 22, 2005
7963 posts
1142 upvotes
Anyone find any PS4's?
Mar 13, 2005
793 posts
28 upvotes
Toronto
Does anyone know any SDM in Downtown Toronto with electronics and games? Most of the ones around me just have a bin of shovel ware games near the magazines and that's it.
Jan 11, 2012
77 posts
14 upvotes
MONTR
Are these $20 off $75 coupons good in Quebec too? (Pharmaprix, not Shopper's Drug Mart...)
Deal Fanatic
Nov 4, 2008
7675 posts
10978 upvotes
Scarbs
wisc wrote: Does anyone know any SDM in Downtown Toronto with electronics and games? Most of the ones around me just have a bin of shovel ware games near the magazines and that's it.
The one by Pape station had a decent selection when I last went, albeit that was almost half a year ago.
When given enough time, all threads on RFD can and will go off on a tangent.
Deal Addict
Jan 6, 2008
1575 posts
1616 upvotes
Ontario
As far as value for points this 30,000 back is about as good as you can get in current SDM redemptions.
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2006
1717 posts
424 upvotes
I understand that these are pretty much as good as it gets for spending points, but is there a consensus on the best way to earn? Is it the 18,500 bonus for $75 or more?

for example, there is one on March 17

MONDAY, MARCH 17 TO WEDNESDAY, MARCH 19
Get 18,500 SHOPPERS OPTIMUM BONUS POINTS®
WHEN YOU SPEND $75 OR MORE †† ON ALMOST ANYTHING IN THE STORE.
THAT'S A $25 SAVINGS VALUE!
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2010
2235 posts
949 upvotes
Toronto
wisc wrote: Does anyone know any SDM in Downtown Toronto with electronics and games? Most of the ones around me just have a bin of shovel ware games near the magazines and that's it.
Spadina and Dupont has everything. Right by dupont station.
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2007
3104 posts
1726 upvotes
Canada
Oscar11 wrote: I understand that these are pretty much as good as it gets for spending points, but is there a consensus on the best way to earn? Is it the 18,500 bonus for $75 or more?

for example, there is one on March 17

MONDAY, MARCH 17 TO WEDNESDAY, MARCH 19
Get 18,500 SHOPPERS OPTIMUM BONUS POINTS®
WHEN YOU SPEND $75 OR MORE †† ON ALMOST ANYTHING IN THE STORE.
THAT'S A $25 SAVINGS VALUE!
Depends how much you are spending...
Someone wrote an eBook on how to maximize points, just google SDM eBook Optimum
Apr 12, 2010
337 posts
32 upvotes
I was able to stack two coupons. I bought $200 worth of stuff. Used the first coupon ($20 of $75) and brought it down to $180 and then used the $170 worth of points. Paid $10 done. I hope I will still get my 30K points back. :)
I thank :o
Aug 31, 2010
972 posts
202 upvotes
Victoria
Stampeders wrote: I was able to stack two coupons. I bought $200 worth of stuff. Used the first coupon ($20 of $75) and brought it down to $180 and then used the $170 worth of points. Paid $10 done. I hope I will still get my 30K points back. :)
Is this $170 deducted before tax or after tax? Ie, $180 + tax - $170 or $180 - $170 + tax? Thanks
Deal Fanatic
Aug 22, 2005
7963 posts
1142 upvotes
Deducted after tax.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)