Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Shoppers Drug Mart

Locked: SDM Refer a Friend Event: Aug 10-12. Spend $25, get pts.

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 13th, 2009 12:10 pm
Tags:
Deal Addict
Oct 20, 2004
3196 posts
30 upvotes
dtp11 wrote: I will be distributing the points that I have evenly among the group. Once SDM customer service ever gets back to my email, and if/when they identify the member who didn't sign up through my referral link, I think that person should have to transfer back their cut of the points evenly to the other group members.

If he/she does not, they should be banned. That seems to be the most fair way to go about this. Although, it's not really fair that we all have to take a cut in points because that person screwed up.

Very, very unprofessional to use a ban as a threat to someone who has done nothing wrong. Since when do RFD mods govern SDM point events? -1 to this whole situation. What a joke.

This thread should stay locked, and my group members should be reporting to nsx via pm.
Thanks for agreeing to distribute the points evenly. Also note that, as mentioned by Zalapski by email, all group members already agreed to this idea.
HEATWARE 47+ : BST 27+ : EBAY 212+ (links on request)
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2007
1514 posts
382 upvotes
dinesh_zee wrote: Thanks for agreeing to distribute the points evenly. Also note that, as mentioned by Zalapski by email, all group members already agreed to this idea.
Even though I'm opposed to the person who screwed up receiving points (mainly because they are the one who caused this whole mess), I am doing it anyways (since I "have to, or else", according to nsx)...

Also I believe the correct way of putting it was that no one stepped forward saying they were opposed to everyone taking a cut, not that everyone agreed to it.

I really hope that once I find out who the culprit is, they own up and distribute the points back to the group. We shouldn't have to pay for their mistake.

*goes to distribute the points*

[Group members, you should see your points within the next 2 hours]
❗
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2007
1514 posts
382 upvotes
Points have been transferred - will be forwarding the confirmation emails to each member shortly.
❗
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2007
1514 posts
382 upvotes
Confirmation emails sent.

Thanks to everyone who didn't give me hassle, attack me, or treat me like a scammer... and to those who understood the situation.

No thanks to everyone else.

Glad this whole ordeal is over with.
❗
Deal Addict
Oct 20, 2004
3196 posts
30 upvotes
Received, thanks.

Just wondering whether you actually received any email reply from SDM for your emails. From your forward to Zalapski, it looks like you emailed to "customerservice@shopperdrugmart.ca". This email address is bouncing for me and Zalapski, and does not exist.

let me know

Btw, thanks to admin nsx.
dtp11 wrote: Confirmation emails sent.

Thanks to everyone who didn't give me hassle, attack me, or treat me like a scammer... and to those who understood the situation.

No thanks to everyone else.

Glad this whole ordeal is over with.
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2007
1514 posts
382 upvotes
dinesh_zee wrote: Received, thanks.

Just wondering whether you actually received any email reply from SDM for your emails. From your forward to Zalapski, it looks like you emailed to "customerservice@shopperdrugmart.ca". This email address is bouncing for me and Zalapski, and does not exist.

let me know

Btw, thanks to admin nsx.
As I said in my response to you via email to this same message; it got bounced back because I forgot the "s", then I corrected the address and it was successful. As you both should have noticed in the other email from me to zalapski that he forwarded to the group, I have been corresponding with SDM since that time, and they have been of no help whatsoever so far.

What exactly are you thanking nsx for? Do you actually think that I would have never sent the points if he hadn't threatened me with a ban? You're an idiot if you think that. If I actually was a scammer, I would have used a different account and not been saying a single word to any of you once I got the points. What was the purpose of your comment? You got your points, you know I'm not lying... why continue to start crap over nothing? It doesn't make any sense.

As some of our other group members have expressed, I really can't see why everyone is treating me like some scammer, when that is clearly not the case. I can't think of any other word to describe some people on here other than "pathetic", sorry.

Why is this thread not locked?
❗
Deal Addict
Oct 20, 2004
3196 posts
30 upvotes
dtp11 wrote: As I said in my response to you via email to this same message; it got bounced back because I forgot the "s", then I corrected the address and it was successful. As you both should have noticed in the other email from me to zalapski that he forwarded to the group, I have been corresponding with SDM since that time, and they have been of no help whatsoever so far.

What exactly are you thanking nsx for? Do you actually think that I would have never sent the points if he hadn't threatened me with a ban? You're an idiot if you think that. If I actually was a scammer, I would have used a different account and not been saying a single word to any of you once I got the points. What was the purpose of your comment? You got your points, you know I'm not lying... why continue to start crap over nothing? It doesn't make any sense.

As some of our other group members have expressed, I really can't see why everyone is treating me like some scammer, when that is clearly not the case. I can't think of any other word to describe some people on here other than "pathetic", sorry.

Why is this thread not locked?
As expected, another excuse. ha ha, terrible liar!

Why do you care who I thank, when you are too busy to even post a screen shot showing 50k points? It is up to me to decide whom to thank, and I choose the mod/admin. It is also up to me to decide whom to trust, and it will never be you.

I know for sure if this thread stayed locked and we did not have more info about you, your screwed up little scamming mind would never have done anything. And, why are pushing (already mentioned twice) for this thread to be locked - to not end up embarrassing yourself more is it? I pray for your "imaginary / virtual" baby. Now start posting your usual intelligent replies.

end of argument...

thanks everyone!
Apr 14, 2007
6 posts
Brockville, ON
Received my points -- Thanks!
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2007
1514 posts
382 upvotes
dinesh_zee wrote: As expected, another excuse. ha ha, terrible liar!
Another excuse for what? You think that I faked an email to customer service? Are you serious? You honestly need to get a life. You got your points and you STILL think I'm a liar/scammer? You really think that a real scammer would care if they got banned or not? You have something seriously wrong with you.
dinesh_zee wrote: Why do you care who I thank, when you are too busy to even post a screen shot showing 50k points? It is up to me to decide whom to thank, and I choose the mod/admin. It is also up to me to decide whom to trust, and it will never be you.
What are you talking about? No one in the group even asked me once to show them the 50k points. It was some other loser, who I didn't want to waste my time with.

Why would I care if you trust me or not? You're the last person I would ever want or even need to trust me ever again.
dinesh_zee wrote: I know for sure if this thread stayed locked and we did not have more info about you, your screwed up little scamming mind would never have done anything.
hahaha, do you feel clever that you have "more info about me"? Do you honestly think that if I was going to pull a scam like the one you've made up in your head that I would even think about having the information that I do available? Are you THAT stupid? "I know for sure"! haha, that made me laugh. Good work detective.
dinesh_zee wrote: why are pushing (already mentioned twice) for this thread to be locked - to not end up embarrassing yourself more is it? I pray for your "imaginary / virtual" baby. Now start posting your usual intelligent replies.
Good job, you can count to two, surprising! I'm pushing for this thread to be locked so idiotic people like you don't keep posting your useless crap on here. I'm pretty sure if anyone should be embarrassed, it's those such as yourself, who actually thought I was trying to scam people out of shoppers drug mart points! I pray for your imagination, because you've thought up some pretty ridiculous garbage in your head.
dinesh_zee wrote: end of argument...

thanks everyone!
Yes, the argument's over because "dinesh" says it's over... go get some help, you really need it.
❗
May 30, 2006
249 posts
85 upvotes
I got my points thanks.

The old chains were clearly better. I highly doubt a scammer would go through this effort and give the points in the end. I agree it could have been handled better, and it was strange how the leader was so on the ball prior to the points event and then almost vanished after. But I'm not dissing or accusing, I'm still thankful for the effort put in. With events like this, we're taking a risk and points are not guaranteed.

But for sure the amount of effort involved for a small amount of points was not worth it.

Sign up, emails, checking rfd post, scanning receipt, forwarding sdm email, and coming to a consensus as to how to spread the 45K points (not 50K points). for 4090 extra points...
Deal Fanatic
Oct 10, 2006
7743 posts
85 upvotes
Toronto
Glad things were finally resolved for the participants of the group.

Now I only wish that your leader could receive feedback for his lack of respect for his members.
See this button :confused: :confused: Learn how to use it PLEASE ;)
Jan 27, 2006
641 posts
COURTENAY
bfr wrote: I got my points thanks.

The old chains were clearly better. I highly doubt a scammer would go through this effort and give the points in the end. I agree it could have been handled better, and it was strange how the leader was so on the ball prior to the points event and then almost vanished after. But I'm not dissing or accusing, I'm still thankful for the effort put in. With events like this, we're taking a risk and points are not guaranteed.

But for sure the amount of effort involved for a small amount of points was not worth it.

Sign up, emails, checking rfd post, scanning receipt, forwarding sdm email, and coming to a consensus as to how to spread the 45K points (not 50K points). for 4090 extra points...
Don't forget about the 5000 points SDM put into your account for shopping.
The total is 9090--