Price:
$5.99
Savings:
79% off
Expiry:
June 30, 2017
Retailer:
SDM Shoppers Drug Mart
For the past 2 weeks I've been seeing this product on the clearance shelf at Shoppers.

I've had a tickle in my throat this week so when I saw them there again today I grabbed a few. Regular SDM price is $28.99

I've had good results with regular ColdFX but never felt the need to get this variant which also includes Zinc and Echinacea.

I'm guessing it hasn't been selling well as the capsules look more like a herbal remedy as opposed to the medicinal look of regular and Extra Strength ColdFX.

At this deep of a discount I care nothing about the look of them so long as they work at least as well as the standard version.
Images
  • IMG_0913.JPG
Thread Summary
Deal was found at SDM in Edmonton AB at 137ave 49st - Clearance

Many Shoppers Drug Mart clearance prices are location specific so YMMV
95 replies
Deal Addict
Jun 19, 2010
1359 posts
814 upvotes
Calgary
This stuff is expensive snake oil. It does nothing. Except empty your wallet. The company essentially got chased out of the US due to its ridiculous claims (and that's saying something when you consider all the crap sold there!). There is no -- zero -- scientific evidence that this does anything.
Last edited by FatWallet on Jun 18th, 2017 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In your pants!
Deal Addict
Jun 19, 2010
1359 posts
814 upvotes
Calgary
By the way, unlike the US FDA, Health Canada are idiots who just like to regulate stuff without requiring any proof whatsoever. It keeps civil service people employed.

In the US, all such products must have this disclaimer: "This statement has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease."

Canada? Nothing like that at all. On the other hand, it will give it a registration number that gives the impression it's approved! Totally bogus.
In your pants!
Dec 10, 2004
155 posts
70 upvotes
Winnipeg
Websaver has a printable $2.00 off coupon.

$2 Off Coupon
Last edited by Trout on Jun 18th, 2017 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[OP]
Jul 27, 2016
169 posts
116 upvotes
Thanks for your opinions on this product.
You must be the same people who post about how bad junk food is on the thread about saving money at McD or KFC.

For those who want and use this product it's alerting them to a way to get the item at a greatly reduced price.

Whether it's scientifically proven or not, whether it's just a placebo effect, the product "seems" to work for me.

I haven't had cold or flu symptoms for more than 36 consecutive hours in the past 6 years.

The only thing I know I'm doing differently now than I did back before that is dose myself with ColdFX if and when I got a tickle in my throat.

Maybe it's just a coincidence.
I don't care.
I also spend money on auto and home insurance which I've never had to use.
I feel better knowing I have it.

You can down vote the product but not the deal. If you down voted based on the product you don't have a clue how the forum works.

Why do you waste your time posting to threads about products you don't use? Must have too much time on your hands.
Last edited by PierreS299131 on Jun 18th, 2017 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
May 29, 2011
178 posts
122 upvotes
North York
PierreS299131 wrote:
Jun 18th, 2017 5:13 pm
You must be the same people who post about how bad junk food is on the thread about saving money at McD or KFC.

For those who want and use this product it's alerting them to a way to get the item at a greatly reduced price.

Whether it's scientifically proven or not, whether it's just a placebo effect, the product "seems" to work for me.

I haven't had cold or flu symptoms for more than 36 consecutive hours in the past 6 years.

The only thing I know I'm doing differently now than I did back before that is dose myself with ColdFX if and when I got a tickle in my throat.

I don't care.
Ignorance is bliss.

It's been proven that this doesn't work. Save your money.
Penalty Box
May 1, 2012
6478 posts
2816 upvotes
Markham
Molecular Biologist here, seriously.

This stuff is basically Snake Oil. There are no credible and peer reviewed studies that have shown this to work. In fact, the opposite is true, peer-reviewed studies have shown that taking Cold FX does absolutely nothing.

There are a gazillion bacteria and viruses that can cause a common cold. There is no panacea for it all.
Feb 3, 2017
21 posts
31 upvotes
There's been many reports done on this product. This does absolutely nothing. I believe there's a really good CBC market scam YouTube video on this product as well.
[OP]
Jul 27, 2016
169 posts
116 upvotes
Anikiri wrote:
Jun 18th, 2017 5:22 pm
Molecular Biologist here, seriously.
FWIW, it has Zinc and Echinacea in this formulation so you should also explain to the readers why those ingredients are snake oil too.
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2015
2427 posts
1306 upvotes
PierreS299131 wrote:
Jun 18th, 2017 3:22 pm
For the past 2 weeks I've been seeing this product on the clearance shelf at Shoppers.

I've had a tickle in my throat this week so when I saw them there again today I grabbed a few. Regular SDM price is $28.99

I've had good results with regular ColdFX but never felt the need to get this variant which also includes Zinc and Echinacea.

I'm guessing it hasn't been selling well as the capsules look more like a herbal remedy as opposed to the medicinal look of regular and Extra Strength ColdFX.

At this deep of a discount I care nothing about the look of them so long as they work at least as well as the standard version.
Garbage post.... scammy product, and even if someone wanted to buy, huge YMMV. Since when do clearance shelf items qualify as a hot deal...?
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2015
2427 posts
1306 upvotes
PierreS299131 wrote:
Jun 18th, 2017 5:31 pm
FWIW, it has Zinc and Echinacea in this formulation so you should also explain to the readers why those ingredients are snake oil too.
*facepalm*

Zinc and Echinacea are also not proven to do anything to relieve colds.... just like ColdFX.
Sep 25, 2016
58 posts
34 upvotes
PierreS299131 wrote:

I don't care.

You can down vote the product but not the deal. If you down voted based on the product you don't have a clue how the forum works.

Why do you waste your time posting to threads about products you don't use? Must have too much time on your hands.
I mean, if this thing retails for $10 and it's selling for $4 (random numbers), but its actual value is $0 according to researches and reprts, then I see no problem with people in the forums downvoting this post and pointing that out.
Penalty Box
May 1, 2012
6478 posts
2816 upvotes
Markham
PierreS299131 wrote:
Jun 18th, 2017 5:31 pm
Actually, I will.

1. Zinc, while it has antimicrobial properties, does absolutely nothing in this Cold FX. Why? Because your body expels most of it out. The % composition of zinc in your body is basically static at all times. Taking zinc doesn't mean you'll have more zinc in your body, it just means you just defecated a crapton of zinc.

2. Echinacea. I have no idea what this is until I looked it up. It's some naturopathic garbage. It's basically ground up coneflower.

Guys please, if you really have way too much money... let me know immediately. I got some Tiger fighting rocks at my house. I am willing to part with them at $10 - $100 a piece... pending on how much Tiger fighting ability you wish to have.
Deal Addict
Jun 19, 2010
1359 posts
814 upvotes
Calgary
PierreS299131 wrote:
Um, no. It's called "science" and the "scientific method." Perhaps you have heard of them. But, of course, anecdotal evidence and beliefs matter more than that, eh?

Oh, and this forum is about saving money. Not throwing it down the toilet (in this case, literally). Buyers of this stuff and the vast majority of supplements are, as Sheldon Cooper accurately points out, only succeeding at making expensive urine:

Last edited by FatWallet on Jun 18th, 2017 6:31 pm, edited 5 times in total.
In your pants!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)