• Last Updated:
  • May 21st, 2012 8:15 pm
Tags:
None
6 replies
Apr 8, 2005
916 posts
633 upvotes
The search function could certainly use some attention. I wanted to find out if there were any deals on the new Intel i7-3770 processor.

Search for "i7 3770" results in 0 hits. Knowing that I saw a thread along these lines not too long ago, I tried a few other searches.

"i7 3770k" results in 8 hits including the post I remembered.

** I don't know about you, but I would expect that my first search would have also had 8(+) hits. Search is an important feature of RFD - please investigate/fix.
Deal Guru
May 6, 2005
11907 posts
1734 upvotes
GVR
caltran wrote: Do a search:

http://www.redflagdeals.com/search/#!/q=dell%20coupon

Click on the "Coupons" link. The query term is not carried over. It's the same for the rest of the links.

I see the problem. However, if you wait for the page to continue loading it should in fact switch to "Coupons" right away, and I do see Dell Coupons results. Try it and let me know

Thanks
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2008
3396 posts
648 upvotes
416 REAL T-D0T not 9…
Throw my frustrated hat into the ring of being tired of the search feature not working. :|
[Signature removed due to rule violation]
Deal Guru
May 6, 2005
11907 posts
1734 upvotes
GVR
willdacanucker wrote: Throw my frustrated hat into the ring of being tired of the search feature not working. :|

Sorry to hear that :(

Are there any site searches that you DO like?

One of our problems is all the different types of content in all the different systems :)
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2008
3396 posts
648 upvotes
416 REAL T-D0T not 9…
Kaitlyn wrote: Sorry to hear that :(

Are there any site searches that you DO like?

One of our problems is all the different types of content in all the different systems :)

Never realized there was a difference. I ONLY search for forum posts for different things. When I search, it brings up a result of (x) amount of forum posts. When I click on the link provided, it always redirects back to a blank search page. Truth be told, I have never used the search to look for anything else, so I don't know if it works for everything else.
[Signature removed due to rule violation]
Aug 20, 2011
25 posts
Toronto, Ontario
willdacanucker wrote: Never realized there was a difference. I ONLY search for forum posts for different things. When I search, it brings up a result of (x) amount of forum posts. When I click on the link provided, it always redirects back to a blank search page. Truth be told, I have never used the search to look for anything else, so I don't know if it works for everything else.

Not sure why they cannot fix this. What you have to do is after searching, add in "/s=coupons" or "/s=forums" at the end of the html link. It has been broken for a long time.