None
[OP]
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
15145 posts
2067 upvotes
Toronto

Search Forum Never Accurate

Whenever I'm searching for a thread, I can never find it using the search function in the forum.
I always leave RFD, go into Google and just put in "RedFlagDeals" and the term I want and bam, finds the thread.

Example. I was looking for the thread where everyone was loading up their dash cam videos, did a search, couldn't find it. 10 seconds on Google, found it no problem.
Now I'm looking for a thread about XM Radio in Hot Deals, I searched "XM Radio" in the forum search, couldn't find it ... bringing up old threads.

Using my method, first 3 responses are exactly what I'm looking for.

What gives?
RedFlagDeals addict
4 replies
Banned
Aug 21, 2011
1286 posts
336 upvotes
Google search is great, but many times it brings up the Mobile version of the site which I find annoying, because I have to switch back to Full.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
15145 posts
2067 upvotes
Toronto
THAT is also something I was going to mention. Not sure why that is, but the mobile site seems to have the upperhand on the regular site when it comes to Google Searches.

Not good for the RFD Business if you ask me!
RedFlagDeals addict
[OP]
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
15145 posts
2067 upvotes
Toronto
dollarsign wrote:
Jun 2nd, 2012 4:58 pm
When you use Google, just specify that you want to search forums.redflagdeals.com only. You won't get any of the mobile stuff anymore.

Example search: http://www.google.ca/search?q=site%3Afo ... m+radio%22

That's great for existing members, but that's never going to help members-to-be who stumble across our site .
Thanks for the tip.
RedFlagDeals addict