[Sears] 14.1 Cu. Ft. Frigidaire Manual Defrost Upright Freezer $369.99

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 7th, 2017 10:39 pm
[OP]
May 19, 2013
116 posts
47 upvotes

[Sears] 14.1 Cu. Ft. Frigidaire Manual Defrost Upright Freezer $369.99

I've been checking prices on upright freezers for about a year and this is the best price I've seen so far.
It is out of stock online so in store only. If they don't have one in stock, they can order it in and match the online price.
19 replies
Deal Fanatic
Nov 18, 2008
5077 posts
715 upvotes
Mont-Royal
manual defrost? it means we have to do something?
"Every marathon you run, your heart scars and you will die faster. If you think running a marathon is fitness, then you know NOTHING ABOUT HEALTH & FITNESS."
- Training 101
Nov 21, 2014
138 posts
62 upvotes
Toronto
rtmrrtmr wrote:
May 28th, 2017 12:44 pm
It is out of stock online so in store only. If they don't have one in stock, they can order it in and match the online price.
I wouldn't buy from Sears for anything listed as out of stock.

From inside sources, Sears Canada is a mess right now - especially their payment and inventory IT systems.

I ordered a stove in mid April (in stock), Sears scheduled 3 times to make a delivery - none of which actually happened. After which someone would call to say that it was out of stock and they would try another delivery date. I eventually cancelled the order after a month of the order date.

Given all the bad news about Sears with the closing of their stores, payment issues and supply chain issues, I wouldn't be surprised if they were on the verge of failure/bankruptcy. These are very typical signs of a company going under.

Any online deal from Sears is a YMMV. If you must buy, make sure you are immediately getting the product after payment (i.e. buy and pickup from the store all within the same transaction)
Nov 29, 2010
5 posts
7 upvotes
Ottawa
EasyCompany251 wrote:
May 28th, 2017 2:01 pm
I wouldn't buy from Sears for anything listed as out of stock.

From inside sources, Sears Canada is a mess right now - especially their payment and inventory IT systems.

I ordered a stove in mid April (in stock), Sears scheduled 3 times to make a delivery - none of which actually happened. After which someone would call to say that it was out of stock and they would try another delivery date. I eventually cancelled the order after a month of the order date.

Given all the bad news about Sears with the closing of their stores, payment issues and supply chain issues, I wouldn't be surprised if they were on the verge of failure/bankruptcy. These are very typical signs of a company going under.

Any online deal from Sears is a YMMV. If you must buy, make sure you are immediately getting the product after payment (i.e. buy and pickup from the store all within the same transaction)
I second this, I ordered a exercise bike from there a couple years ago, it said backordered but it had a date posted when it would get shipped out by, after continuous calls and missed dates (they told me it shipped but got lost in mail). They strung me along for 2 months, I cancelled the order, bought it from amazon for the same price and it showed up in the same week.

However we did order a freezer from sears last year around Christmas time, it came within a month after only a couple calls to the local Sears Homestore, if it was online, we probably wouldn't have gotten it. Good luck.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2003
8452 posts
479 upvotes
I think the online sales are messed up cuz they changed to a new system. It was a cluster f* during christmas time, worst time for them to changeover. However they were really good about it, as I got my items for FREE $40 worth! So, I still shop there because of that goodwill. We did order a freezer in store in Jan 2017, and we got it on the date that we chose for delivery.
One blind human - a tragedy
Ten blind humans - a disaster
One million blind humans - a statistic
Deal Fanatic
Nov 18, 2008
5077 posts
715 upvotes
Mont-Royal
is it free delivery?
"Every marathon you run, your heart scars and you will die faster. If you think running a marathon is fitness, then you know NOTHING ABOUT HEALTH & FITNESS."
- Training 101
Nov 27, 2016
34 posts
17 upvotes
m8x 1a3
OOS ........ Sears probably had four or five to sell...

They are in one heck of a state.
Nov 13, 2016
15 posts
10 upvotes
Thanks OP. It seems to be back to the normal price now.

I ordered one in store, they said it will be delivered July 6th, lets hope it actually comes then.

Did any1 else order one?
Jun 3, 2007
137 posts
64 upvotes
slampii wrote:
May 30th, 2017 10:47 pm

I ordered one in store, they said it will be delivered July 6th, lets hope it actually comes then.

Did any1 else order one?
Same here July 6. Salesman said the order went right to the Frigidaire manufacturer and was a sure thing. He seemed very confident I would get it at this price.
Nov 14, 2003
898 posts
54 upvotes
Toronto
slampii wrote:
May 30th, 2017 10:47 pm

Did any1 else order one?
Yup ordered one as well. Expected in-store end of June. got it for 355 and change with a staff discount.
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2005
1142 posts
106 upvotes
Lévis
L4cky wrote:
May 28th, 2017 1:53 pm
manual defrost? it means we have to do something?
Yes, from times to times, you have to empty it, let the ice melt at ~50%, throw away the ice left (clean it while you're at it), and restart. Main advantage is food is not dried out, burnt, like in self defrost freezer. I knew a guy who would only put his hunting meat in a manual defrost freezer.
Pourquoi pas?
Nov 14, 2003
898 posts
54 upvotes
Toronto
Looks like I got substituted - out of stock. I accepted a 14.1cu kenmore with frost free. Still a great price for the freezer.
Apr 21, 2017
8 posts
2 upvotes
Can someone post a screen shot of their receipt or online price at $369.99? They still might give me the discount.