Shopping Discussion

Sears 20-50% Off Closeout Sale Starts Today

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 20th, 2017 6:38 am
Mar 26, 2005
282 posts
226 upvotes
St Clements, MB
Just visited Winnipeg Polo Park. They had condensed the store down to ground level only (excluding the Catalogue counter, major appliances, Matresses, furniture, optical and Parts & Service).

I was shocked how empty this store was compared to the Winnipeg Kildonan Place store which I visited last Friday. I wouldn't be surprised if the Polo Park store closed a week before Christmas.
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2005
11023 posts
1522 upvotes
City of Vancouver
Wizard1 wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 11:16 am
It's astounding that, even on their deathbed, Sears still manages to fail so hard. Only in their little glass bottle world does WTS mean "what the Sears" while the rest of the world facepalms. I guess that figures, since they failed bc they completely lost their bearings on retail reality...
Appealing to Millenials...
De gustibus non est disputandum
Crazy people will make even sane people crazy.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 17, 2005
7351 posts
6304 upvotes
Becks wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 2:01 pm
Appealing to Millenials...
Lol if thats their goal thats pretty funny. The actual real world acronym WTS doesn't really have a positive connotation.
Mar 26, 2005
282 posts
226 upvotes
St Clements, MB
Will the Sears liquidators do anything special for Black Friday like Door Crashers, etc?
Jan 9, 2011
907 posts
477 upvotes
Vancouver
cslusarc wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 8:55 pm
Will the Sears liquidators do anything special for Black Friday like Door Crashers, etc?
Doubtful. Naive shoppers paying inflated prices will have picked the placed clean by then, which is exactly what the liquidators wanted, and frankly, is how liquidations always pan out.
Aug 25, 2011
174 posts
62 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Kiraly wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 9:14 pm
Doubtful. Naive shoppers paying inflated prices will have picked the placed clean by then, which is exactly what the liquidators wanted, and frankly, is how liquidations always pan out.
I was looking at a coffee maker it was 25% off... still cheaper on Amazon
Deal Addict
Nov 11, 2004
1145 posts
48 upvotes
Woodbridge
Everything at bramlea is 30-50% off. Mostly 30%. It was a mess in there with nothing special so I left pretty quick.
Jan 12, 2017
38 posts
30 upvotes
vancouver
Was at Metrotown location today. Saw an item listed at $49.99 with 30% off. Underneath the label was a marker blacked out price at $39.99. A lot of items had original prices either ripped off or blacked out.
Mar 26, 2005
282 posts
226 upvotes
St Clements, MB
I'm in Winnipeg & received an email stating that discounts are now in the 30-60% range. Major appliances and furniture are an extra 25% off.
Nov 7, 2014
1 posts
Winnipeg, MB
I’m looking for Refrigerator Side by Side in Winnipeg. Any real deals?
Feb 22, 2016
779 posts
395 upvotes
I checked out the Pickering Town Centre store. Luggage (and they had enough in there to stock 3 or 4 Bentley stores) are 60% off of the ridiculously jacked up "regular price". So we're talking $120+ (after discount) for spinning/rolling carryons. Way too high. Lots of Samsonite and Heys.

Everything else in the store was 20-30% off. Store is still very well stocked, no areas roped off yet, and cashiers standing around with no customers! Maybe local shoppers here are finally calling Hilco's bluff and NOT BUYING EARLY?

If you need luggage I suspect this store will still have some much closer to the end! Just be patient...
Deal Fanatic
Nov 3, 2007
7596 posts
941 upvotes
Toronto
EVERYTHING MUST GO!

Oh wait...

Apr 10, 2011
831 posts
502 upvotes
Montreal
appleb wrote:
Nov 19th, 2017 1:03 am
EVERYTHING MUST GO!

Oh wait...
What a bunch of weasles!

"ENTIRE STORE ON SALE!" implies at a reduced price than normal which is clearly not the case here.

To be correct, the sign should read "ENTIRE STORE FOR SALE!".

The only correct part of the ad is "EVERYTHING MUST GO!" Indeed, everything must be sold, not necessarily at a discounted price but everything must be sold.

Bastards!