Sears 20-50% Off Closeout Sale Starts Today

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 19th, 2017 1:03 am
Deal Guru
Oct 30, 2006
13073 posts
1724 upvotes
2 pages of people saying the exact same thing. :lol:
TripleQ wrote:I read Click magazine for the articles!
Feb 16, 2013
521 posts
567 upvotes
Toronto
Went in Friday.
It was depressing.
Piles of shoes in aisles, empty boxes.
Most boxes were damaged.
Googled some of the goods, Walmart et al were selling them cheaper at regular price...
Deal Addict
Jan 10, 2004
2993 posts
606 upvotes
Edmonton
Pretty pathetic sale - and what's amazing is how many people are buying. Most things at sears were 50% on a normal sale, so now it's 20% off and people go crazy.

Huge lineups at the one location I stopped at. But, this is the norm for these liquidation sales...I saw a couch listed for $2000 on clearance, that was literally $1200 before the sale.

Oh well..
Feb 22, 2016
6 posts
1 upvote
Wasn't too bad at promenade last night. Men's socks area is a mess but aside from that everything looked pretty neat in spite of how busy it was. Ain't got nothin worth waitin in line for tho. Like there's some pairs of levi's at 50% off, except they're only like 5 bucks less than i paid for them back in the summer lol
Deal Fanatic
Nov 3, 2007
7594 posts
935 upvotes
Toronto
Sears at Fairview Mall.

Apr 9, 2010
277 posts
101 upvotes
Toronto
appleb wrote:
Oct 23rd, 2017 10:01 pm
Sears at Fairview Mall.

Wow that's crazy! Especially since the sale isn't so good yet...I'll never underestimate a hyped up shopping mob ever again!
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
15618 posts
4376 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
appleb wrote:
Sears at Fairview Mall.

Was just about to post this. What kind of f’ing animals do we live amongst?
Firebolt wrote:
Feb 12th, 2016 1:09 pm
give lots of head for sick knee fadez, give lots of lap dances for ca$h wallet fades. Always pop that leg when kissing for dope honey combs, knee lots of mans in the crotch for killer whiskers, low ride like an og for them stacks. And traintracks? Only achievable by a legend in the denim game
Mar 5, 2007
832 posts
378 upvotes
silverele wrote:
Oct 23rd, 2017 11:12 pm
Wow that's crazy! Especially since the sale isn't so good yet...I'll never underestimate a hyped up shopping mob ever again!
That's exactly what the Target nearest me looked like in the first few days. I felt so sorry for the employees working continuously to clean up the mess, it was obviously a loosing battle for them, but they kept fighting....
Penalty Box
Mar 23, 2004
21649 posts
2406 upvotes
appleb wrote:
Sears at Fairview Mall.

LOL this looks like someone playing a video game--abandoned department store stage, after zombie apocalypse. Crazy camera moving all over the place just like in an FPS.
May 21, 2015
458 posts
180 upvotes
Sarnia, ON
Yep it's really deceptive.. I went this morning to the Sarnia store... Nespresso regular price $250.. red sticker price 200,, addtl 20% off.. your price $160... Hardly 50% off the original price... of course there's the magic word in those posters "up to"
playnicee1 wrote:
Oct 20th, 2017 6:26 pm
SEARS SCARBOROUGH TOWN ALERT: STUPID SIGNS on third floor clearance
in small print: 20% off the already reduced red ticket
In bold print under that: 50% off

The cashier is reminding people that they did not read the sign properly.
There is only 20% off the red ticket. The red sticker is up to 50% (and more) off already...EVEN THOUGH just last week the clearance floor already had a 50% off the red sticker sale.

So, long story short, if it did not sell at 50% off, try it again at 20% off and hope a new liquidation fan won't notice...
Feb 25, 2015
722 posts
140 upvotes
York Region
appleb wrote:
Sears at Fairview Mall.

These people are savages
Apr 10, 2011
829 posts
499 upvotes
Montreal
Shoppers complain of price hikes during Sears' liquidation sale

" (...) a pair of Tender Tootsies riding boots she bought for $129.99 was $99 or even $79 at other online retailers."

" (...) she tried to bring back her items for a price adjustment or refund on Wednesday evening, but was told by a manager that there was nothing he could do about it."

“I looked at 4 different items I nearly bought a few weeks ago before the liquidation and all of them had their prices changed and were now higher to offset the ‘discount,’”

Vincent Power, a spokesperson for Sears Canada, said the reported markups are probably from regular price increases “some time ago,” as the retailer entered a new season.

Power said customers who encounter such markups will be given a discount off the lower price, and added that customers who find out after they’ve bought products should return to the store for a discount.

Who do you believe?
Deal Guru
Sep 2, 2008
10133 posts
585 upvotes
I mean all of us on RFD knew they were going to raise prices before discounting them. I believe it is actually an illegal practice but what do they have left to lose? I thought shoppers these days wouldn't be fooled as easily as in the past since anyone can just google an item to see how much it sells for anywhere else.