Tags:
None
[OP]
Oct 12, 2005
258 posts
51 upvotes
Stouffville

[Sears] Sears - Bowflex Clearance 50% Off

Sears is having a clearance sale on their Bowflex Blaze model.

It was originally selling for $1199.99...now on clearance for $599.99. I have been waiting for the prices to drop on the Bowflex for over a year and this is by far the best price I have ever seen. It is the most basic model in the Bowflex lineup but it has for the most part, similar features to the higher end models. I picked one up last night at my local Sears.

On the Sears website it is still advertised at $1,199.99, however, it is marked down in store.

http://www.sears.ca/gp/product/B000M0IT ... =397069011
21 replies
Oct 3, 2005
427 posts
17 upvotes
bowflex is crap, if you want to workout get a real gym
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2003
1329 posts
18 upvotes
These things are probably all over used forums and ebay so you could probably already get it for a decent price. However, 50% is quite a discount.
Aug 6, 2004
645 posts
38 upvotes
Winnipeg
knight wrote:
Aug 12th, 2008 10:09 pm
bowflex is crap, if you want to workout get a real gym
Entirely depends on what they are looking to achieve. Heck, a couple 48oz tins of canned food used in the right movement can provide adequate resistance to preform a positive benefit to the user.

It's a safe method of providing a controlled workout in a limited amount of space, and may entirely suit some peoples needs.
Jan 9, 2008
126 posts
5 upvotes
Caledon
If you bought a Bowflex for $599 and Chuck Norris bought a Bowflex for $599, he got a better deal than you. :cheesygri
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2005
1267 posts
73 upvotes
Whitby
Save your money and get a set of dumbells and a good pair of running shoes.
Jan 10, 2006
176 posts
1 upvote
is the markdown only on this model ??

which store was this at ?
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2004
4204 posts
87 upvotes
jmac35 wrote:
Aug 12th, 2008 11:38 pm
If you bought a Bowflex for $599 and Chuck Norris bought a Bowflex for $599, he got a better deal than you. :cheesygri
He would never use a Bowflex, he would use your spine and snap it like a twig... :D
Good find Op, for those in the market for one.
Jan 19, 2008
683 posts
102 upvotes
Pierrefonds
It's not that Bowflex is crap, it's just that for the price, it's no better than any other form of exercise...
Deal Addict
Nov 11, 2005
4514 posts
153 upvotes
Dark_fantom wrote:
Aug 13th, 2008 12:33 am
It's not that Bowflex is crap, it's just that for the price, it's no better than any other form of exercise...
exactly, if you loko up the exercises, you can actually work all the same muscle groups that the bowflex works as effectively with dumbbell workouts, and a good dumbbell set around $300.
Dec 2, 2007
43 posts
vancouver
Seems kind of cheap looking, but i haven't seen one in person. I went the dumbell route and am really happy it.
Jan 1, 2008
431 posts
113 upvotes
Brossard
nitroblu wrote:
Aug 13th, 2008 12:44 am
exactly, if you loko up the exercises, you can actually work all the same muscle groups that the bowflex works as effectively with dumbbell workouts, and a good dumbbell set around $300.
if you have proper technique, your dumbbells will actually provide you with a better workout as the resistance is equal throughout your repetition. One of the problems with the BowFlex is that you will get more resistance towards the end of the movement... If you have shot an arrow with a bow, you will understand the principle of it. Your bow string gets hard to pull the more you pull it. Blowflex works similarly.
[OP]
Oct 12, 2005
258 posts
51 upvotes
Stouffville
xerox wrote:
Aug 13th, 2008 12:12 am
is the markdown only on this model ??

which store was this at ?
I believe it's chain wide. The sales woman said that they will continue to sell it until Bowflex runs out of inventory. The markdown is on the Blaze model only. They use to sell the Xtreme but not anymore.

I went to two locations and they both said that it will need to be ordered. I bought mine on Monday and it will be available for p/u on Thursday.
× < >