Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Future Shop

Breville Smart Grill BGR820XL - NOW $205! (was $272)

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 31st, 2014 3:52 pm
Tags:
Deal Guru
May 6, 2005
11907 posts
1734 upvotes
GVR

[Future Shop] Breville Smart Grill BGR820XL - NOW $205! (was $272)

UPDATE July 30: It's been found at Sears again for $205! http://www.sears.ca/product/breville-sm ... 000?ptag=2

Was looking to get this and saw that Future Shop not only had it discounted from the regularly-listed price of $399, but they also have a 15% off Breville sale, bringing it down to $271 + tax ($307 all in in Ontario)

Free shipping too, which is great. I've heard nothing but great things about this grill - only thing I wish was different was that the plates were double sided or they at least INCLUDED the extra plates (gotta love the grill marks! :) )
27 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2003
1069 posts
368 upvotes
GTA
I have a Breville grill two years now, its awesome, nothing like this one. I like that this one is bigger and the plates are removable not to mention the temp display and timer setting.. $300 is not cheap tho grrrr
Sep 6, 2011
232 posts
42 upvotes
Calgary
thanks op. very tempting but the price is a little high...hmm.
Aug 1, 2012
282 posts
471 upvotes
Vancouver
Looking at the price history on amazon. It's not that great of a deal. It's been $247 and regularly drops around 280.
Deal Guru
May 6, 2005
11907 posts
1734 upvotes
GVR
LeafsFan91 wrote: Looking at the price history on amazon. It's not that great of a deal. It's been $247 and regularly drops around 280.
I'd like $247 too but that was a one-time thing :)

Looks like it hasn't been $280 since November - probably black Friday and this is $271 with easy return policy to future shop. Seems great to me still
Sep 7, 2001
430 posts
46 upvotes
Also got one from the Sears Deal only used once . very much an impulse buy lol. shame i cant return
Deal Guru
May 6, 2005
11907 posts
1734 upvotes
GVR
HowEver wrote: Compare the Cuisinart Griddler, which is a pretty amazing alternative, also will last forever.
I've actually owned the Cuisinart Griddler - the first iteration though, without the doublesided plates. Not sure if there are any other actual improvements but I was certainly NOT impressed with the unit. It's smaller (good+bad) but retained heat very poorly - especially as something not-room-temperature was put on the grill
Deal Guru
May 13, 2004
11471 posts
559 upvotes
Toronto
In my experience, this thing stays dangerously hot. We have the latest version, and bought the extra inserts/plates as well.
Kaitlyn wrote: I've actually owned the Cuisinart Griddler - the first iteration though, without the doublesided plates. Not sure if there are any other actual improvements but I was certainly NOT impressed with the unit. It's smaller (good+bad) but retained heat very poorly - especially as something not-room-temperature was put on the grill
Deal Expert
Jun 23, 2005
26012 posts
211310 upvotes
GTA
Kaitlyn wrote: I've actually owned the Cuisinart Griddler - the first iteration though, without the doublesided plates. Not sure if there are any other actual improvements but I was certainly NOT impressed with the unit. It's smaller (good+bad) but retained heat very poorly - especially as something not-room-temperature was put on the grill
+1...We have made pancakes on it and it is painfully obvious that there is comparatively very little heat going to the upper plate, to the extent that we end up moving the pancakes to the lower plate to finish the cooking.
Jan 26, 2011
315 posts
263 upvotes
Belleville
I've had this grill for 2 years now with not one issue in the winter I use it daily for steak, chicken brests, pork chops, quesedillas, grilled cheese and the list goes on and on. You can make a dinner in about 10min with this unit. I highly recommend it! Especially when you use the grill plates for bacon it's soo good.
Deal Guru
May 6, 2005
11907 posts
1734 upvotes
GVR
weble wrote: I've had this grill for 2 years now with not one issue in the winter I use it daily for steak, chicken brests, pork chops, quesedillas, grilled cheese and the list goes on and on. You can make a dinner in about 10min with this unit. I highly recommend it! Especially when you use the grill plates for bacon it's soo good.
I've used mine a couple times so far. Depending on what I am cooking, it can smoke though. So I've been using it on my stovetop with the exhaust on. Makes using the stove for anything else quite a bit harder though. Do you happen to have any recommendations to deal with this? I imagine if, for example, I instead used this on the kitchen island that it would just be producing too much smoke and end up smelling up the room too much (I don't think it'd be enough to set off alarm, but who knows...)
Jan 26, 2011
315 posts
263 upvotes
Belleville
Kaitlyn wrote: I've used mine a couple times so far. Depending on what I am cooking, it can smoke though. So I've been using it on my stovetop with the exhaust on. Makes using the stove for anything else quite a bit harder though. Do you happen to have any recommendations to deal with this? I imagine if, for example, I instead used this on the kitchen island that it would just be producing too much smoke and end up smelling up the room too much (I don't think it'd be enough to set off alarm, but who knows...)
I cook on my island with bacon, set it at 350 and 2-3min depending on how you like it done. It does steam a bit but that's expected and the smell of bacon is a plus in my books :)
Only thing I don't recommend using it for is burgers it's like you said way too much smoke. Although I could try a lower heat setting and cooking it longer.
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2006
1343 posts
151 upvotes
Awesome, I've been eyeing this and waiting for it to come back down.

$3.95 shipping to my local Sears. $236.04 all together, thanks OP!
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2003
1069 posts
368 upvotes
GTA
I might have to consider getting one now
Mar 21, 2008
912 posts
234 upvotes
Toronto
How to cook with it? How to find out when is time to take out? Tfal has sensors and automatically shuts down
Sep 13, 2008
308 posts
34 upvotes
Ottawa
Really considerign this one too. What's the return policy on things like this

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)