Expired Hot Deals

[Sears] SEARS.ca - HOT!!! Mattresses starting at $150 for Double, Queen $385, King $165

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 21st, 2013 4:49 pm
Tags:
None
Aug 17, 2011
100 posts
10 upvotes
Montreal
webbyx wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2012 4:56 pm
Yup but really you could order any box spring if you need one as its mix and match anyways.
Ah so as long as it says King then it should be okay? I'm worried if box springs come in different sizes of king size?
[OP]
Dec 22, 2006
130 posts
35 upvotes
spanaga wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2012 4:59 pm
Ah so as long as it says King then it should be okay? I'm worried if box springs come in different sizes of king size?
I'm not 100% sure but I thought if it's king size then it should be standard. Worst case just buy same brand box spring, you would think their sizing should be standard between different models.
Aug 17, 2011
100 posts
10 upvotes
Montreal
Apparently for a foundation (since this set is sold as a foundation and not a box spring) you need to order 2 of them.
Deal Addict
Sep 6, 2008
2431 posts
441 upvotes
BC
Gah, my store doesn't have any of these on the floor. I don't think I can get the wife to commit without trying it out (even if only for a few minutes in store).

Also, it's not like you can check out reviews for "Reflex Solar" so it's quite the shot in the dark for something so important. :(
[OP]
Dec 22, 2006
130 posts
35 upvotes
spanaga wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2012 5:04 pm
Apparently for a foundation (since this set is sold as a foundation and not a box spring) you need to order 2 of them.
Yes according to the Sears website it sounds like you need to order two, which is a rip off. Here are the Sealy king box springs. I would think they are all pretty much the same, just different fabric and price of course. And as far as I can tell you only need to order one.

http://www.sears.ca/catalog/king-sealy- ... #guidedNav
Apr 12, 2008
559 posts
26 upvotes
I'm confused as to what I'm I getting if I buy any size bed. (i.e. metal bed frame, box spring and mattress?)

Also, is their any deal on twin beds?
[OP]
Dec 22, 2006
130 posts
35 upvotes
Feegus wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2012 5:09 pm
Gah, my store doesn't have any of these on the floor. I don't think I can get the wife to commit without trying it out (even if only for a few minutes in store).

Also, it's not like you can check out reviews for "Reflex Solar" so it's quite the shot in the dark for something so important. :(
Sears does have the 365 day return guarantee so you could always exchange it for another, as long as you order the mattress pad at same time from what I read.

I hear you about testing it out but I decided to buy first incase they fix the obvious price screw up. Besides I've been sleeping on a 20yr old mattress for the past 4 months since I have been away taking Power Engineering classes. So no matter how bad it is, even if its the worst mattress ever its still gonna be better than that old thing I've been sleeping on. :D
[OP]
Dec 22, 2006
130 posts
35 upvotes
mod_it wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2012 5:13 pm
I'm confused as to what I'm I getting if I buy any size bed. (i.e. metal bed frame, box spring and mattress?)

Also, is their any deal on twin beds?
The original post was for mattresses only. If you need to a bed frame or box spring those are extra.
Aug 17, 2011
100 posts
10 upvotes
Montreal
webbyx wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2012 5:09 pm
Yes according to the Sears website it sounds like you need to order two, which is a rip off. Here are the Sealy king box springs. I would think they are all pretty much the same, just different fabric and price of course. And as far as I can tell you only need to order one.

http://www.sears.ca/catalog/king-sealy- ... #guidedNav
Thanks, I guess my final question would be do you think it matters if it says tight top for the box spring and the mattress says pillow top? I imagine it doesn't... Thanks for all the help!
Deal Fanatic
Jan 27, 2004
7189 posts
657 upvotes
how i wish Simmons Beautyrest Napa Valley II Hi Loft Pillow Top Mattress on sale...
2007 - Ipod Video (TD), Ipod Shuffle (GM)
2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)
Jul 6, 2006
111 posts
10 upvotes
Ordered 1, thanks OP. Does Sears send order confirmation email? I ordered but get nothing in email.
Aug 25, 2010
438 posts
69 upvotes
I talked to Sears and she said the item number is for a box spring not the mattress for both the Sealy and the Sears brands. I'm having the supervisor call me back to confirm this. She said either the orders will be cancelled or you are going to get box spring sent to your place.
Deal Addict
Sep 6, 2008
2431 posts
441 upvotes
BC
webbyx wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2012 4:10 pm

Sealy Posturepedic® Reflex Solar Pocket-Coil Pillow-top Mix & Match Mattress
King Firm $420
http://www.sears.ca/product/sealy-postu ... 7837-97727
CAUTION. I called in to confirm price and stock on this mattress since the price on the king/firm is so out of whack with the others and was told that the item number actually belongs to the foundation(Boxspring)! I told the rep that the website clearly shows this is a mattress and he said with no hesitation that if I order that item number I will receive a foundation on delivery day.

WTF I would be so choked if they send me 2 box springs and no mattress because of a website error!

You guys should call in to confirm your orders just to make sure.
× < >