Expired Hot Deals

[Sears] SEARS.ca - HOT!!! Mattresses starting at $150 for Double, Queen $385, King $165

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 21st, 2013 4:49 pm
Tags:
None
Dec 22, 2012
10 posts
NEPEAN
I ordered one too.... also applied the coupon suggested above.. total with Box Spring, Mattress and bed protector comes to $660 with shipping.
I suspect this is a pricing error and order may not go through.hope for the best :)
Deal Addict
Sep 6, 2008
2580 posts
508 upvotes
BC
watchpu5hp wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2012 6:53 pm
I ordered one too.... also applied the coupon suggested above.. total with Box Spring, Mattress and bed protector comes to $660 with shipping.
I suspect this is a pricing error and order may not go through.hope for the best :)
Or it WILL go through and you get to enjoy your 2 boxsprings! :lol:
Jul 6, 2006
113 posts
10 upvotes
Feegus wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2012 6:51 pm
CAUTION. I called in to confirm price and stock on this mattress since the price on the king/firm is so out of whack with the others and was told that the item number actually belongs to the foundation(Boxspring)! I told the rep that the website clearly shows this is a mattress and he said with no hesitation that if I order that item number I will receive a foundation on delivery day.

WTF I would be so choked if they send me 2 box springs and no mattress because of a website error!

You guys should call in to confirm your orders just to make sure.
So did the CSR cancel your order?
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2011
1339 posts
561 upvotes
Markham
Feegus wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2012 6:51 pm
CAUTION. I called in to confirm price and stock on this mattress since the price on the king/firm is so out of whack with the others and was told that the item number actually belongs to the foundation(Boxspring)! I told the rep that the website clearly shows this is a mattress and he said with no hesitation that if I order that item number I will receive a foundation on delivery day.

WTF I would be so choked if they send me 2 box springs and no mattress because of a website error!

You guys should call in to confirm your orders just to make sure.
:facepalm:

Should go back to RFD primary and read the first rule...
Aug 25, 2010
439 posts
69 upvotes
payam1981 wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2012 7:09 pm
:facepalm:

Should go back to RFD primary and read the first rule...
You would rather we all get two box springs?
Dec 22, 2012
10 posts
NEPEAN
Feegus wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2012 7:03 pm
Or it WILL go through and you get to enjoy your 2 boxsprings! :lol:
I am not a fool who will spare Sears for their mistake if they dare do like that :)
Because it is clear from their website that it is a Mattress and not a box spring.
If they make mistake then i am not responsible for it
Sep 23, 2008
342 posts
37 upvotes
Toronto
Hope you guys get your deal. I can't jump on it because my room's too small for a king.
Deal Addict
Jun 7, 2005
1408 posts
279 upvotes
So I got a confirmation email from sears after ordering the king/firm matress

Item # - Description Colour - Size - Qty Price ($CDN) Status Expected Date
014292834 - DB FDN, MM RAND N/A - N/A - 1 165.00 In Stock Jan 08 2013

So MM RAND stands for Mix & Match random but what's DB FDN?
Jun 1, 2007
112 posts
5 upvotes
Calgary
Hi Folks,
I tried to order the Sears-o-Pedic Queen Firm online for $384.95 but was not able to put in delivery instructions online. I then called Sears.ca and ordered the mattress by phone using the item number I obtained from the web. Everything went through and delivery instructions were entered until I asked for the old mattress and boxspring to be removed. Customer Service came on and told me that there is $25 charge for the removal and I have to get the plastic bags from any Sears store and put the boxspring and mattress into these bags before the delivery person will handle them. This guy then said that I only ordered the Double mattress and the boxspring is $175 extra and if I don't order the boxspring the warranty is only 5 years instead of 10. I said that the item number was from their website but he said that is for a Double!!! I ended up cancelling the order and and hopefully get my money credited back on my credit card.
What a waste of time with Sears!
Happy Holidays!
Deal Fanatic
Mar 14, 2009
7737 posts
2413 upvotes
This looks like a price error to me and I doubt they will honor it.
Aug 24, 2011
52 posts
14 upvotes
Southwest Ontario
lotfi.bm wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2012 7:24 pm
So I got a confirmation email from sears after ordering the king/firm matress

Item # - Description Colour - Size - Qty Price ($CDN) Status Expected Date
014292834 - DB FDN, MM RAND N/A - N/A - 1 165.00 In Stock Jan 08 2013

So MM RAND stands for Mix & Match random but what's DB FDN?

My guess would be double foundation, as in 2 box springs.
Dec 22, 2012
10 posts
NEPEAN
Called the customer care and they confirmed it is indeed two foundations.
Decided to cancel it and have piece of mind
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2007
1783 posts
72 upvotes
webbyx, can you confirm that what you ordered is actually the mattress and not the boxspring? Thanks.
Deal Addict
May 9, 2008
1360 posts
135 upvotes
Barrie
Maybe you can cut your lawn with this mattress...since they f'd us over on the lawnmower!
Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2009
1098 posts
150 upvotes
Renous
Goonish wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2012 8:16 pm
webbyx, can you confirm that what you ordered is actually the mattress and not the boxspring? Thanks.
the O/P probably wouldn't have received it yet... however, the multiple users posting Customer care saying it's the foundations, suggest it's a site error. Too bad I already placed my order. I'll update if I get any additional info, but I'm expecting either I'll cancel my order, or Sears will
Reserved for future time travellers
× < >