Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Sears

Sears - Canon® Vixia HF R300 HD Camcorder. (with case, 4gb SD, + HDMI cable) $198.99

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 29th, 2012 8:28 am
Dec 18, 2005
65 posts
7 upvotes

[Sears] Sears - Canon® Vixia HF R300 HD Camcorder. (with case, 4gb SD, + HDMI cable) $198.99

http://www.sears.ca/product/canon-vixia ... 3-5978B017
Pretty good price on this camcorder. I have been scanning prices the past week and came across the above Price is good until December 27, 2012
Best Buy has it for 249.99. (same box + accessories). It's the same model but Best Buy marks it with a b for black. Pm op? YMMV.

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/can ... fb9bd1en02
20 replies
May 23, 2002
88 posts
3 upvotes
Scarborough
i just ordered from newegg.ca a panasonic full hd camcorder HC-V500K for $214.99 (free shipping) ... today's shell shock deal. Msrp for this is $449 ... so don't know how this compares with your find. i like the 38x optical zoom + optical image stabilization feature.
Jan 25, 2004
116 posts
33 upvotes
Ottawa
Good price for the R300. Dell had it for this price a month ago. You'll need to get a better battery though. It doesn't last very long.
Nov 16, 2004
992 posts
22 upvotes
does anyone have this and is using it .. i am still on the lookout for a gift.... two has been bought and returned as he wanted one that was really portable , ie. take in and out of pocket to use and not heavy.. the first 2 he returned ,he found it a tad too bulky and no so user friendly (his words... whatever that means ...)
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2004
1242 posts
857 upvotes
Edmonton
red_red wrote: does anyone have this and is using it .. i am still on the lookout for a gift.... two has been bought and returned as he wanted one that was really portable , ie. take in and out of pocket to use and not heavy.. the first 2 he returned ,he found it a tad too bulky and no so user friendly (his words... whatever that means ...)
Sounds like he needs an Iphone. Not a camcorder.
Previous wins:
-Fujifilm Finepix Z10FD 7.2mp (Green) 210$
-2x Xbox 360 (Oct 29 & Nov 1) 300$
-2x EA SPORTS
Nov 16, 2004
992 posts
22 upvotes
ha ha .. thats what i said .. but he still wants one of these camcorders....i might look into this deal....cant afford much more...
Aug 28, 2005
67 posts
1 upvote
I price matched this at the source, as my local sears didn't have it in store and I needed it for Christmas.
Feb 25, 2009
535 posts
109 upvotes
Montreal
red_red wrote: does anyone have this and is using it .. i am still on the lookout for a gift.... two has been bought and returned as he wanted one that was really portable , ie. take in and out of pocket to use and not heavy.. the first 2 he returned ,he found it a tad too bulky and no so user friendly (his words... whatever that means ...)
May be something like this
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/7 ... Touch.html
May 28, 2009
706 posts
237 upvotes
Nelson BC
allchan wrote: ... so don't know how this compares with your find.
One difference that I am always looking for now on camcorders is the ability to plug in an external mic. The Canon has it.
Apr 1, 2004
174 posts
21 upvotes
R300 is $200 at costco comes with 16 GB SDHC card.
Dec 25, 2009
33 posts
4 upvotes
I paid 180.79 taxes in for the same camcorder from TD Rewards on Nov 26, I think it might have been a deal of the day. It's an xmas gift for my parents, so cannot comment on the cam itself.
Nov 27, 2009
933 posts
279 upvotes
Good price! Can I pick up this bundle in store?
Jun 30, 2004
45 posts
4 upvotes
Montreal
Dell has it now bundled with a Lowepro case at 199 for boxing day
Jan 30, 2008
26 posts
Bought this camera, anyone else having issues with the memory card?? Mine keeps telling me you cannot record on the card that came with the unit?? (no its not locked tried that)
Dec 18, 2005
65 posts
7 upvotes
rileysrompers wrote: Bought this camera, anyone else having issues with the memory card?? Mine keeps telling me you cannot record on the card that came with the unit?? (no its not locked tried that)
Yeah. I don't think the supplied memory card is fast enough. Saw that happen a few times xmas day. I am going to try a faster card and see if there are any issues.
Jan 30, 2008
26 posts
gueat wrote: Yeah. I don't think the supplied memory card is fast enough. Saw that happen a few times xmas day. I am going to try a faster card and see if there are any issues.
HMM Ok Thanks.. Funny they would supply a card that doesnt work with the unit....
Deal Expert
Dec 4, 2010
19536 posts
2260 upvotes
Quarantine Bubble
rileysrompers wrote: HMM Ok Thanks.. Funny they would supply a card that doesnt work with the unit....
Probably works better at a lower settings I.e 720p. Technically it works.
Sep 30, 2008
83 posts
4 upvotes
Vancouver
rileysrompers wrote: Bought this camera, anyone else having issues with the memory card?? Mine keeps telling me you cannot record on the card that came with the unit?? (no its not locked tried that)
Trying going into the settings and formatting the SD card. I bought a 16 GB card and it wouldn't recognize it until I formatted it with the camera.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)